Undercurrent DWC

Thanks for posting the pics Bandit! Very interesting stuff. I'll be packing a bowl tonight for the read on these plasma lights. Not that I could afford any of it but really interesting :popcorn:

My pleasure Buddy!!
I'm always watching these demo grows using crazy gear like this. No way could I afford any of it too but it sure is nice to see and touch a grow using hi end advanced technology w/out opening the wallet. It's even nicer to be able to share what i see with all of you!

I'm also watching an aquaculture grow where these cats are using live goldfish to feed plants in an ebb & flow system. Sounds crazy but the basil & lettuce growing in the system looks better than the stuff at the store!!

$6300 USD Wow! These guys just think growers are loaded down with money. I will also be reading about the Chameleon tonight brother :thanks:
No doubt Brother!!
I dont think they realize we growers are usually broke and very stingy with the cash!!
:tokin:

Hello Growing247. While I am know there is a cheap way to grow DWC the Undercurrent System from Current Culture is worth looking at before you knock it. Sort of similar to saying "I do not like watermelon" while never sampling it.
This is not your mothers DWC, and is definitely worth looking at in operation. I never liked DWC for many of the reasons you just cited. Just because you are accustomed to what you are doing do not discourage others from leading the way with technological advances. After all if not for the rebel ideas using DWC over the past 25yrs we would not have single bucket bubblers and CFL's for the home enthusiast. This system is for production plain and simple you NEVER change water just top off the res. The pumps are pulling instead of pushing,temps are regulated with chillers, the diffusers are so powerful the nutrient solution is atomized making uptake faster and easier. I have seen people build their own Undercurrent with fantastic results it is the future of production DWC.

The single bucket method is great, but if your going to run multiple buckets, this is the way to go. This system is not too hard to diy also. The fact that you only have to add your nutes to the one bucket is a huge time saver. But if your going to grow one or two plants, the regular single buckets are fine. Either system will provide explosive growth.

The single bucket method is great, but if your going to run multiple buckets, this is the way to go. This system is not too hard to diy also. The fact that you only have to add your nutes to the one bucket is a huge time saver. But if your going to grow one or two plants, the regular single buckets are fine. Either system will provide explosive growth.

:cheer::thanks::adore::adore::adore::thanks::cheer:

+Rep for Positive Energy

I am not knocking any DWC just highlighting emerging technology.

:thanks::adore::adore::adore::thanks:

:cheer:+Rep for Positive Energy :cheer:

I am not knocking any DWC just highlighting emerging technology.

Well put Wingman!!
The UC is totally a cut above what is availabe as far as DWC.
The negative pressure circulation is only the beginning. These systems look like DWC meets a hot tub and you get a monster machine!!
They can be diyed though! It would still be a pricey diy but it's possible to knock off about $1k by diy.
The modules that hold the plants are the same Ropak food grade containers used by General Hydroponics for the reservoir in the 8 pack Waterfarm system.
If I diy one I would contact Ropak and go for those containers. Using something like Sterlite or Rubbermaid tubs from Walmart will not hold up with this monster.
If buckets are used in a diy I would think you would need square buckets for the heavy duty plumbing to fit snug against the bucket. I'm sure Ropak or US Plastic has something but there's also a kitty litter product that comes in a square bucket and it has a similar lid to the UC modules.
If you dont have a cat you can use all that kitty litter to clean up oil stains in the driveway! :)

:bravo:

That's just a flat out, bad-ass system right there!

I'm sure he'll replace those clear air tubes with black ones before the grow starts :grinjoint:

I can only dream of having something like that but love seeing it in action. It seems that it could be scaled down to as little as a two bucket grow if someone were so inclined. It's interesting how the pump is drawing water from the buckets, then pressure side flows into the res. Dumb statement, it is called undercurrent...still interesting to me haha :tokin:

Thanks for posting the vid!

I don't care what anyone says about this type of system, it's state of the art in DWC. It's not some easy to copy d.i.y. type of system like most DWC's are. This is a whole new ball game, in my humble opinion.

Hey Wingman...here is a pic of a larger scale undercurrent op. The final yield averaged over 2 lbs per plant!

day_44_034.jpg

All this time and I thought this method of growing was called recirculating dwc and now I have a new name for it, undercurrent dwc. I have a diy vertical system I am testing that uses the same princables of undercurrent dwc. It more of a hybrid but the basic theory of the vert fits best in this catagory. It just uses the tubes without the totes/tubs.

diy_vert_build_18.JPG

diy_vert_build_22.JPG

diy_vert_build_27.JPG

diy_vert_test_30.JPG

85 small plants surrounding 1 bulb. I am almost finished with the first test grow with ok results. After a few mods I believe the next test grow will be awesome. Here's a link to the thread if you want more info.DIY Recirculating DWC PVC Tube

Undercurrent is just the name of one company that makes these ricirculating DWC systems. Thats a pretty sweet set-up you got there. Good luck with it!

All this time and I thought this method of growing was called recirculating dwc and now I have a new name for it, undercurrent dwc. I have a diy vertical system I am testing that uses the same princables of undercurrent dwc. It more of a hybrid but the basic theory of the vert fits best in this catagory. It just uses the tubes without the totes/tubs.

diy_vert_build_18.JPG

diy_vert_build_22.JPG

diy_vert_build_27.JPG

diy_vert_test_30.JPG

85 small plants surrounding 1 bulb. I am almost finished with the first test grow with ok results. After a few mods I believe the next test grow will be awesome. Here's a link to the thread if you want more info.DIY Recirculating DWC PVC Tube

i will not say that i dont like the concept behind this design, however i will say that i dont want to be the one who has to rip the old root system out and clean this system before its next run... in that area it dosent look to promising, but in the creative area this is one awesome set up!! kudos my friend! kudos >=)

Back
Top Bottom