Van Stank's Nukehead Sponsored Grow

Nukehead Update

Nukehead #1 Veg Day 73

Not a lot to talk about with this plant. It will be getting a defoliation today in prep of being flipped later this week. She got a drink of ACT with a splash a Cal Mag and Silica. She will be getting 24 hours of darkness on Friday at the latest, could possibly be earlier, just going to wing it.

I am not putting a lot of hope into the yield on this girl but I will take whatever it decides to give me.

Nukehead #2 Flip Day 10, Day 2 with Hairs

First picture of this girl showing her hairs. She is a strong a sturdy girl for sure. She isn't stretching at all compared to my Stankberry plant. She is definitely holding true to that Christmas tree look. Hoping to start getting some smells coming through soon!

She got top dressed again with some malted barley and got about a gallon of ACT yesterday. I didn't want to do another defoliation for another 11 days or so, but I am not sure I can wait.....its getting thick on her and I need to open up a few of the lower bud sites.

No.1 is looking booshy I like it. I would look further into the thread but im pretty medicated so straight up cant be fooked lol. But i assume you did an experiment? Topped one and not the other?

Are you sure about that? Maybe I can get some information about international shipping. I’ve seen people in Australia growing NukeHead. If it makes any difference, Van, they grew sow in Hydro as well. As for the background I know that it began as a blue rhino x flo limone but much more was done and it’s a guarded secret apparently lol. Mysterious! The pinesol smellnis awesome though. I think your gals will stretch to almost double the flip size. We flipped ours before maturity and it didn’t take it well. That’s they key with this strain I think. At least 5+ weeks veg time, maybe even 6+ for soil grown.

Your ladies look excellent guys! Today is day 2 with pistils for the grape Kush as well lol I think ours may finish before yours though, Moxie states 45-55 days flower Time. NukeHead went almost 11 weeks but keep in mind we pollinated so that adds roughly two weeks to flower time for the unseeded buds. So figure nine weeks unmolested as a minimum. I expect your #2 Nuke will be a bigun!
Yer if you could Id appreciate it bro. A few caught my fancy when I looked on their website, couldnt tell ya what they were now though (again hella medicated lol)

Well originally, I was hoping that #1 was going to respond to training like Growchy's Nukehead did......but it didn't. The original plan was to try and mainline it for 16 colas. But she is such a funky grower and slowed way down with her toppings that I abandoned that idea for a different strain (Perhaps the White Widow seedling I have going now).

I have a couple more Nukehead seeds that I might grow out after these finish.

I do intend to pollinate a budsite or two on the Nukehead #2 with some ATF pollen. Assuming the pollen is still viable, we will have some Nuclear Thunderfuck seeds!

On top of the beans we got just under five zips, not too bad she was mostly grown with the 125w PS Mini we used the QB the last three weeks and it def have her a little boost. The smell should come with the growth of calyx so maybe another week or two you’ll have the smell going. It’s unmistakable whenit comes lol very pungent.
Did yours have the menthol smell in veg?

Well originally, I was hoping that #1 was going to respond to training like Growchy's Nukehead did......but it didn't. The original plan was to try and mainline it for 16 colas. But she is such a funky grower and slowed way down with her toppings that I abandoned that idea for a different strain (Perhaps the White Widow seedling I have going now).

I have a couple more Nukehead seeds that I might grow out after these finish.

I do intend to pollinate a budsite or two on the Nukehead #2 with some ATF pollen. Assuming the pollen is still viable, we will have some Nuclear Thunderfuck seeds!
Ooo nice. Is ATF a quicker growing plant? More responsive to training?

The ATF didn't even skip a beat after training. ALmost seemed like I didn't do anything when I trained them.

My only complaint against the ATF on my initial grow is that Sativa nature of them made it so they had difficulty supporting the bigger buds. But if heavy buds flopping is my biggest complaint, its really not much of one.

The only other minor complaint about the ATF is that it isn't necessarily my favorite smelling cannabis strain. Has a musky, earthy, catpiss scent that I don't find as pleasant as some of the citrus or skunky or fuel smelling strains. Its potent though! It will throw your dick in the dirt if you over indulge!

Anyway sorry for diverting to much there. Why dont you plant a few regs of a strain you know and love NOW and take a clone of the nukehead. If you flip them early enough for the time frame of the nukehead (which you said is a slow grower anyway) but not so early that you cant identify a clear winning male you'll have a real winner there. Why put your time into pollenating a strain that has potential, with a strain that you dont particularly enjoy to smoke but like the growth pattern of?
Just a suggestion bro but you do you.
Ive got a friend who always thinks he knows best and he comes out with utter poop sometimes so I know it can be frustrating people telling you your business but we in a forum so why not give my opinion.

I do have a few regular beans growing. Ms Stank has a male Harlequin that we are harvesting pollen from to make more Harlequin seeds as well as a couple crosses with him. I also have a male Stankberry strain that I am going to play around with.

Plant limits are my main factor (we stay legal here) and then followed closely by space. We won't pop any more regular seeds until we get rid of the two males that we currently have. Next batch of regulars will be The Trilogy from Exotic Genetics....but that won't be for at least another month and half.

And any input and/or suggestions are always welcome here on my thread Bilbo! I appreciate it.

I do have a few regular beans growing. Ms Stank has a male Harlequin that we are harvesting pollen from to make more Harlequin seeds as well as a couple crosses with him. I also have a male Stankberry strain that I am going to play around with.

Plant limits are my main factor (we stay legal here) and then followed closely by space. We won't pop any more regular seeds until we get rid of the two males that we currently have. Next batch of regulars will be The Trilogy from Exotic Genetics....but that won't be for at least another month and half.

And any input and/or suggestions are always welcome here on my thread Bilbo! I appreciate it.
Well sounds like you have males a plenty. Pick a winner and clone ya warhead bro lol

Nukehead #2 Flip Day 15 (7 with hairs)

Today is day 1 of week 3 for this girl in flower. Hairs are developing nicely. Not getting much of a stretch from her, though honestly I wasn't expecting much based off her structure.

She got about a gallon of ACT last night and looks to be enjoying it. Growth is becoming rather thick but I am trying to give her a few more days before I start trying to defoliate her again. I am plucking a fan leaf or two every time I go into the tent and I see one covering a bud site.

I am seeing a few spots appear on lower fan leaves that are pointing to a calcium issue so I will start bumping my Cal Mag up a touch. Not getting a lot of smell from her yet....but I expect it to pick up soon! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Looking real great man! Looks like their nukehead genetics aren't the most stable haha. But I guess as long as you're only getting 2 phenos.. But, that's a bummer 1 of your girls is a slow one! Hopefully her flowers will be potent little balls of resin, making her worth the effort.
Love to see you making your own soil vs purchasing, looking forward to doing this once i'm able to start back up again. It's the true way to go, as it helps you experience the full adventure of growing!

Cheers mate!!

Back
Top Bottom