Vladimir's - Coco - Acapulco Gold - Flux - CMH 150W

Hello My Comrades,
It would be nice to sample Explodey with all of you :cheesygrinsmiley:
Swell Team on 420 deserves a high-five for being around for the show while Explodey grew up into the gorgeous specimen she is now.

So as you can see... Explodey is just about finished. I'm going to chop her on Day 50. I already put her in the dark to start a 36 hour period.

No Pics Tomorrow, but there will be the final ones before the chops.

She has enough amber that I believe should be an enjoyable experience. I might do a final scope check on the `chromes to know more on Wednesday.

But she's done !! :party:

Vlad:bongrip:

Hello My Comrades,
It would be nice to sample Explodey with all of you :cheesygrinsmiley:
Swell Team on 420 deserves a high-five for being around for the show while Explodey grew up into the gorgeous specimen she is now.

So as you can see... Explodey is just about finished. I'm going to chop her on Day 50. I already put her in the dark to start a 36 hour period.

No Pics Tomorrow, but there will be the final ones before the chops.

She has enough amber that I believe should be an enjoyable experience. I might do a final scope check on the `chromes to know more on Wednesday.

But she's done !! :party:

Well done on a most excellent grow comrade.

What level of amber does sir find the most agreeable? I need to arm myself with ideas around this as a harvest in 5 weeks is starting to look achievable :)

Well done on a most excellent grow comrade.

What level of amber does sir find the most agreeable? I need to arm myself with ideas around this as a harvest in 5 weeks is starting to look achievable :)

What a grow Comrade Putin!

Truly one for the books there. Beautiful girl in the hands of a pro. Thanks for letting us watch!
Bob ;)

:high-five: Doc and Max

If one were to take a peek around different areas of the plant, some sugar leaves have all amber.
However on the buds themselves there are more milky and clear trichs than the amber.
This is the ideal situation for me...Also I wait until the plant has a mature look, meaning many rusty pistils vs creamy ones.

I've chopped too early in the past and it practically sends all work down the drain. Harvesting with immature trichomes (all clear, no milky) leads to reduced potency.

Harvesting while clear/milky produces a strong head high vs. body stone.

I've read somewhere (no sources, maybe just anecdotal) that a little bit of amber can enhance a soaring high, where as a ton of amber would bring you to couch lock heaven.

Sativas benefit from more amber than an Indica would, in terms of a clean high that will not put you to sleep.

Well I hope that description was helfpul.

And I recommend you find yourself a cheap little 60X scope, if not for taking pictures then at least for you to know the best time to harvest

:high-five: Doc and Max

If one were to take a peek around different areas of the plant, some sugar leaves have all amber.
However on the buds themselves there are more milky and clear trichs than the amber.
This is the ideal situation for me...Also I wait until the plant has a mature look, meaning many rusty pistils vs creamy ones.

I've chopped too early in the past and it practically sends all work down the drain. Harvesting with immature trichomes (all clear, no milky) leads to reduced potency.

Harvesting while clear/milky produces a strong head high vs. body stone.

I've read somewhere (no sources, maybe just anecdotal) that a little bit of amber can enhance a soaring high, where as a ton of amber would bring you to couch lock heaven.

Sativas benefit from more amber than an Indica would, in terms of a clean high that will not put you to sleep.

Well I hope that description was helfpul.

And I recommend you find yourself a cheap little 60X scope, if not for taking pictures then at least for you to know the best time to harvest

A good explanation thanks. Funnily enough I've ordered a 60x camera strap on oooeeeerrr.

From memory the Painkiller XL is 75% sativa and someone said the breeder recommends 50% amber. That sounds a little high to me because I want to function on it. I've been toying with the idea of harvesting at different levels of amber and noting on the jars what percent they are, but then I read somewhere that the plant stops maturing once you chop the main cola off.

More research required.

I like this weed, Max.
Do you know why?

Because. The amount of bad information online shrouds her in impenetrable mystery.

I feel compelled to figure it all out myself with a sprinkle of help along the way when needed.

My room smells great, life is at an equilibrium for now. Pinched off a bud today for a quick dry... Mmmm can't wait to try it.

I'm getting excited for the next flower run. Day Zero 12·12 starting next week. Clone attack : Nuclear strike

50 days from flip or first pistil? She looks lovely! I'd think long and hard about keeping those genetics. She looks rock solid and a fast finisher! Enjoy the sample!!

New guy here, just wanted to say I enjoyed every minute of this journal

Thank you Comrades, have a puff of Explodey :passitleft:

So the good news is in, Vlad has 2 very strong, beautiful and vibrant clones of this plant that just finished, so her genetics will live on. 50 days is pretty fast, I can't ask for anything better! She went 12-12 all the way, but I may experiment with other lighting schedules.

Here is Explodey Clone #2... This one may be just left as a "mother".

Look at how happy she is! She LOVES HPS! Why the deuce should I go back to LEDs if the plants are so happy with HID? Case Closed :bongrip:

IMG_138426.JPG

Here is an unknown seedling in the Solo Cup Comp. Just for kicks!

IMG_138531.JPG

And finally a tiny sample I pinched off from a cola of Explodey.

She is still in the dark and tomorrow will come out for final pics, inspection and to be hung up for drying.

I am in flashback heaven :cheesygrinsmiley: This bud smells and looks like some awesome Canadian I enjoyed 15 years ago at $30 an 1/8th.

It's dense. No airy buds here thanks to the HPS and good hydroponic diet, even if I did burn the crap out of her!

Amazing , I'm so stoked!!!

IMG_139227.JPG
IMG_139123.JPG

Thanks Still,

So that little shard of nugget that I showed all of you already got smoked :cheesygrinsmiley:

It's potent, resiny, wonderful smell, flavor even for quick dry.

I tried to crush the bud between my fingers but found it extremely hard and compact.

I will do the real smoke report after harvest and cure.

Those buds look amazing! You can tell how dense they are just by looking. Congratulations! That should keep your head fed for a while at least.

This journal got pretty busy all of a sudden Vlad. Buds for growers must be like flowers for bees. They're swarming. Anyway- great job- lovely colors. A reps bump for ya. :)

Back
Top Bottom