Warning - Don't Take Picture With Smart Phone!

LED-Freak

I just want to inform all gorilla growers and none alike too not take pictures with smart phones.

I don't know about all phones obviously, but phones like the Iphone Geotag pictures unless your specifically turn the feature off. Even then though......

When a picture is taken with a smart phone and a geotag is attached...anytime you upload that photo, you are uploading the exact location of your plants via lateral and longitudinal coordinates (GPS).

All the eavesdropper has to do is download your uploaded picture and view the properties of the picture. All the information will be listed right there. Including the lateral and longitudinal coordinates.

BE CAREFUL! I don't want any misfortunes to happen to anyone! Stay Safe :peace:

Re: Warning.....don't take picture with smart phone. I repeat, don"t.

Also...to add to this... In Michigan...and I believe a few other states...cops have the right to scan your phone for incriminating evidence if you are pulled over and detained. So whatever you have in your phone, might just get you in trouble... This goes for emails, photos, texts etc.... be careful everyone :)

Also..... make sure to write to your representatives and senators ASAP about voting against CISPA. If you like your privacy... you may want to google it and act now!!!

good thread but the easy solution would be to just take the pictures on your phone and plug it into your computer and then upload the pictures...

That is not true what so ever. A picture is saved with information it geotagging is enabled on your phone. It doesnt matter how you get the pictures onto your computer, the attached information goes with that picture including the Latitude and Longitude coordinates.

Now there are ways to remove all the data but it is better to just not use a smart phone with things like CISPA and the Patriot Act biting you in the ass.

I repeat, it does not matter how you transfer the pictures from your phone to your computer or any device for that matter. If geotaging is enabled the exact coordinates will transfer with that picture, period.

Try this:

Pick any thread with pictures and choose any picture to save to your computer. Once you saved the online picture to your hard drive, right click and select properties. It will tell you the brand and model of the camera, mega pixels, date, time....and if it is a smart phone....Latitude and Longitude coordinates.

Unless the photographer removed all the attached information.....but it doesnt happen often. Try it out.

You have been WARNED!!!!! :peace:

Icemud said:
Also...to add to this... In Michigan...and I believe a few other states...cops have the right to scan your phone for incriminating evidence if you are pulled over and detained. So whatever you have in your phone, might just get you in trouble... This goes for emails, photos, texts etc.... be careful everyone :)

Also..... make sure to write to your representatives and senators ASAP about voting against CISPA. If you like your privacy... you may want to google it and act now!!!
Amen!

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case any of you were worried, check out this post in our Questions and Answers forum for info about posting your photos here (just one more reason why we require you to upload your photos to our gallery before posting them here ;)): Questions and Answers - The Safety/Legality of 420 Magazine

Meta data included in the header information on the picture file is stripped, that's a great start... unfortunately the US Government required manufacturers to include code in their software and the actual pixels of the camera store the make model and serial of the camera taking the picture... Further if your camera has date and time then it's included. It would be absolutely amazing to see this information stripped in pictures.

But even local law enforcement and state agencies are not even close to sophisticated enough to utilize... But if the FBI starts looking into you, they'll have the make and model of your phone or camera in the search warrent and then they will print out photos that were actually taken on your camera without the flash card... imagine that... get your pictures without having the memory stick...

In this regard, paranoid is actual knowledge of this technology... and I would know.

Turn off location services for the camera app.

The End

And as long as you are just a single medical patient, growing the legal amount ( or less ). Then there's no reason for anybody to get involved. I also have a hard time believing that some computer nerd is going to be a hard-ass on the street going to look for peoples weed to steal.

All in all, this is a good concept to be mindful and aware of. With your data being put out to be public knowledge for everyone to see, you have to be careful what you are publishing. Facebook is a prime example. Stored data....

Oh the future of technology, will it hinder, or help us in the long run?

Since your telephone information is collected and stored by a third party (the phone company, verizon .. whoever) the supreme court has ruled that there is no expectation of privacy when your cell phone is involved. They still can't listen to your phone calls without a warrant. But, they can use your GPS on your phone (even if it's turned off) to track your moving around. They can go through your texts and emails. They can also you your phones camera and microphone to spy on you in real time.

The best thing for you to do is NOT use your camera in your phone to take pictures of your grow. You should also take the battery out of your phone any time you are anywhere near your grow.

We need to all band together and writ me in as President of the USA. My platform requires that I really have power and for the privileged of serving my countrymen, I would would repair all our problems within 2 months. All welfare recipients will actually do work in order to receive money. Unless disabled and un-able to do anything at all, persons would now be part of the new Jobs USA Company. Of course, MJ would be removed from the controlled substance list, immediately. I'd leave it up to the states to control it as they see fit but similar in structure to alcohol. Health care, that's an easy one. Initially, a plan would be temporarily put into effect until our permanent plan can be drafted. It would basically model after Canada. Imports? Don't get me started. Don't like our tartars? Don't sell your shit here...
Now I ask you fellow MJ lovers. Just like in the movie with Robin Williams getting elected President on a whim, I could too. Seriously, its time we took our country back, enforced the original intent our founding fathers intended. We must take care of us first, the world is gonna' have to wait. Who decided that we foot the bill to police the planet? I could go on and on but you get my drift. I really would kick ass and yes, I did inhale, what's the point if not?

I just want to inform all gorilla growers and none alike too not take pictures with smart phones.

I don't know about all phones obviously, but phones like the Iphone Geotag pictures unless your specifically turn the feature off. Even then though......

When a picture is taken with a smart phone and a geotag is attached...anytime you upload that photo, you are uploading the exact location of your plants via lateral and longitudinal coordinates (GPS).

All the eavesdropper has to do is download your uploaded picture and view the properties of the picture. All the information will be listed right there. Including the lateral and longitudinal coordinates.

Mine doesnt tell my location but it has my model of phone, path through my computer, and a bunch of numbers and things that I have no idea what they are

Thank you for posting this valuable and important information. I had no idea about this but also I am not surprised. I don't have to worry, I don't have a cell phone (hard to believe), and once I got rid of it (4-5 years ago) have loved the day without that leash Like + reps to you bro'...
sfttailpaul

Back
Top Bottom