You're my 'it's getting late - Tead is up' alarm clock.

I just can't tolerate the high from them. And it's not like I didn't spend decades trying. Red eyes, dry mouth, serious paranoia, forgetfulness, munchies, hangovers... confusion and harmful cycles
('I need to smoke more to clear my head dude'... )
I had some good times but at a heavy cost. Sativas give me zero of those effects. If I had a time machine it would be near the top of my list- go back and tell my younger self about sativas.

You just taught me a whole new idea. I for one am a brand new grower but I believe highly in high stress training. I'll be looking at my plants a little different. This is my second grow ever so not going to try it this round. How cool two different plants into one. Nice!!

~CBD THERAPY~

I don't know much about this strain. I'm hoping it will work as pain relief, though so far I haven't found much solid info or encouragement, from the journals I've followed, about these CBD strains curing the dreaded pain. I really hope it does something.
I don't even know it's genetics at all since when I looked online I couldn't find that info. Anyway- it looks very indica. I would post CBD Crew's blurb here but it's pretty long winded.
This plant is supposed to grow CBD/THC levels of between 2:1 and 20:1. Lot of variety there.
If anyone knows about this plant or has had it cure their pain let me know.
It's sort of fun to grow such an indica heavy strain. I don't normally have them around.

IMG_78495.JPG

I havent tried that one, but the Shark Shock CBD is my goto for muscle pain that is keeping me awake. It wont get you high though. I am a very light smoker as it is, and Im really not a fan of getting high. I love the Shark Shock's gentle approach to pain relief.

I have read that the best pain relief strains are those closer to a 1:1 ratio? I think the CBD Therapy was designed to be a 20:1 strain, but results vary greatly....

Hmmm. Yeah it's confusing. At least to me. I'm pretty sure Sweetsue said 2:1 was better for pain. I know that the only way I'll find out- is firsthand.

I figured I could mix and match and make my own ratio using the CHD plant and whatever other thc strains I have around.
I don't have much faith in it reducing pain. Not getting my hopes up too much, because I don't want to feel let down if it doesn't work.

You're my 'it's getting late - Tead is up' alarm clock.

I just can't tolerate the high from them. And it's not like I didn't spend decades trying. Red eyes, dry mouth, serious paranoia, forgetfulness, munchies, hangovers... confusion and harmful cycles
('I need to smoke more to clear my head dude'... )
I had some good times but at a heavy cost. Sativas give me zero of those effects. If I had a time machine it would be near the top of my list- go back and tell my younger self about sativas.
I hear you. I really like the hybrids that are a 50/50 mix of today's modern strains

Thanks Wiley. I have a few other things going on, but I should try and sleep a little bit tonight.
I don't like going to sleep, but I like sleeping. What I really don't like though is waking up.
I'll try to get to some more pics up tomorrow.

Well..... we'll have to do something about that. :cheesygrinsmiley: Good Morning. :hug: :love: A new room already filling up with my favorite tribe members...... ahhhh..... a great start to the morning. To find a new journal by Weaselcracker was a real bonus :slide:

I'm here. I'll be more attentive this go round. Taking a seat on the floor over there. I was missing the sounds of the ocean.

Weasel everything looks awesome and your doing a fantastic job documenting!

Question: Your hexapus, what is it? I am running hempys also and was looking into auto watering systems , any experience / advice to impart on the subject?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

CBD plants, you really need to grow out a packet or two and find the keeper you desire.. I've just come back and reread this, made me laugh, my Mighty Mouse moment "here I come to save the day" :rofl: or rather "here I come to state the obvious" :rofl:

Grizzwald unless I start packaging up samples of the CBD Therapy bud and sending it to a lab to get tested for what level of CBD it is, I will have no idea really what I'm smoking.
I actually will probably end up trying to get it tested just out of curiosity- if that's even an option for me. Pretty sure I'll still have no idea what I'm smoking. I want it to kill the pain. I know this is asking a lot. I don't want it to get me high. Just looking at that indica and thinking of smoking it makes me feel paranoid. So it better not.
If anyone has any insight on this CBD thing let me know. I was hoping to hear stuff like- 'I limped painfully to the stash, got the jar open with trembling hands and crammed a fistful in my pipe and...seconds later relief washed over me. The pain. It's gone!! I can walk properly again!' :laughtwo:

Jchron08. I don't have any advice to impart on hempies. Mine were a bit of a failure, probably due to my bad housekeeping. Tead, Lexort, and Sue are growing them right now I think. I looked through my journals trying to find the pics of my auto-watering setup. I've also posted those pics in other threads on the subject. Took me forever to find the photos I wanted showing the whole setup, but I wanted to find them for reference because it's not the first time I've looked.

Here is the link to a thread on watering systems I found in my search, in which I posted a bit.

Coco - Automatic watering systems - Simple - Cheap

I'll just copy the whole post in here.

This is what I rigged up for the solo cup grow competition that's going on at the moment... I have an electric pump sitting in a reservoir. It sends water/food up the white pipe to a manifold (the black thing) which splits it into eight 1/4" lines. In the first picture I only have 6 lines hooked up. That's about the only picture I have of just the watering system by itself, I'm afraid.
The manifold was part of a watering kit that I got along with a bunch of other assorted junk/treasure in a work trade. It came with a whole bunch of 1/4 waterline, and a large pile of fitting- all sorts of drip emitters and sprayers, lots of connections, flow rate control valves, clamps- all sorts of stuff. It's from a generic big box store and is mostly cheap junk. I'm sure you can easily find equipment like this. There are flow rate controls for each of the eight lines in this manifold but they're a bit finicky so I just leave them wide open. I don't really trust the sprayers and drip emitters and stuff because they seem like they'd clog very easily and can't be trusted- so I just leave the lines open- timer set to come on for one minute for these little plants, 3 times a day. The pump is supposedly 185 gallons/hour and in one minute on, the plants get over a cup of water each- more than needed but that's ok. One minute is the lowest setting in my timer. I thought about restricting the flow rate with something low tech like little hose clamps but I can't be bothered.
Without the emitters, the system is hard bones enough that it's pretty trustworthy. About all that can fail is the pump.
[edit- or the timer or the power cords can fail, or the manifold and the lines can clog...]

image36353.jpg

image36160.jpg

Another basic passive watering system is Swick.
And there's another one - the name slips my mind at the moment- but some material that wicks water from a res into your pots- watermat or something. Bluemat? Could be making that name up... :lot-o-toke:

I later drilled the flow rate valves out of the manifold. (Those little bumps on top of it's head take a screwdriver and turn to control the rate of flow, but never worked well and tended to be a bottleneck )

And this from my second journal.

I put the hexapus back together, a little differently this time, with a larger reservoir. ( 25 gallon garbage can :) )
I don't need it for anything right now- just seizing my chance to put it together for when I do- since I will need it for growing in coco (I think) and for hempy (I think) and for emergency vacation waterings. The base of it is made from three shelf brackets.

image37031.jpg

image37032.jpg

image37033.jpg

image37034.jpg

I've modified the setup a little since then. And I also added a second one for the whole grow in case of emergency vacations.

Just hit me back if you have questions. This was very easy and cheap to set up. The flaw is that the manifold and the parts that came with it are just cheap crap. I think maybe if you went up to a 1/2" size you may find a better manifold with higher quality valves and fittings.

Have you tried working with dosages of food infused with bud. It's my belief that eating it is the medicinally correct and more effective way of dosing and properly metabolizing the canininoids. It's my feeling that smoking, is more recreational. The very process of burning it changes what we know about it. Just an opinion I have a feeling will be argued.

'I limped painfully to the stash, got the jar open with trembling hands and crammed a fistful in my pipe and...seconds later relief washed over me. The pain. It's gone!! I can walk properly again!' :laughtwo:

I think I remember reading that in grade ten. Thats from Hamlet isn't it.:bravo:

? You sample and clone the one that does the trick. Have that tested to find what levels/ratio achieves your desired results.. there are threads on each strain etc. I won't link :rofl: nordel seems to be what your after by quick research I've done.. anyways, I'm late for work.. only 6 hours behind intended schedule...:passitleft: have a good day..

Weaseley, friend, did you know that recently a new world record for both thc and cbd content/percents was attained. I think the thc was 32 or 3 percent, but it was the cbd one that blew me away. I have read many testing results and cbd is usually small, even non existant even, a cbd of five was amazing, but the new record is over twenty four percent. Yep, I read this recently. Unreal

Salude amigo,,:volcano-smiley:

I know even less about cbd than I do about grafting. This is my first time growing such a plant, so it's all a complete mystery to me, and yeah -if it works for pain I picture making it into some sort of tincture or oil, because what's the point of smoking something that doesn't get you high? Unless it's salmon.
I haven't really gotten into edibles yet.
I got my Tru-va vaporizer in the mail now and that's been pretty revolutionary. I think I'll go find that thing now, and make a coffee. Time to get out in the sunshine...

Edit- that's just weird Nivek :) People only got into this CBD kick a few years ago didn't they? Hardly any room left for plant material in the bud, with that much good stuff in there. Makes you wonder what such focussed breeding could accomplish with all the other amazing medicinal herbs in the world, which are mostly all either illegal, under-utilized, or just farmed to be processed into pharmaceuticals. Health is good, but people will move mountains for something that gets you high.

Back
Top Bottom