Weenmeoff's Inside Soil Alien Abduction Grow Journal

If you are going to clone to find out sex, you can "top" them above the 3rd set of true leaves. Now, doing so you'll have about a good 4-5" that will be the clone. If it turns out male then kill it if you want. If female, you just got a 2 for 1 deal. By topping it, I feel they are more symmetrical than topping. Then you can train the 2 tops opposite of each other to spread them out. Hope this helps.

If you are going to clone to find out sex, you can "top" them above the 3rd set of true leaves. Now, doing so you'll have about a good 4-5" that will be the clone. If it turns out male then kill it if you want. If female, you just got a 2 for 1 deal. By topping it, I feel they are more symmetrical than topping. Then you can train the 2 tops opposite of each other to spread them out. Hope this helps.

Thanks Nismo! Did you mean topping is more simitrical than Fimming? Are true leaves 3 or 5 fingers? Is the arrow below where you would top?

image36941.jpg

Thanks Nismo! Did you mean topping is more simitrical than Fimming? Are true leaves 3 or 5 fingers? Is the arrow below where you would top?

image36941.jpg
Yes I prefer topping. I think it keeps things more even. Personal preference and partly OCD lol. But you could honestly go down one more set of leaves. Then the clone and the mother would be roughly the same height.

Ok will do. Should I cut straight across when clipping and then do a 45 degree cut or just cut it off at 45?

Sorry so many noob questions. I really appreciate all of the help and hope someday I can be as helpful! Thanks!!
Make a clean straight cut, then cut the clone on a 45.

Lookin good ween! I wasn't a fan of the FIM but now I know I can clip the FIM off later and have a clone. 2 for 1 every time. :woohoo:

This never even occurred to me as an option. I'm new to cloning though, still waiting on my first roots to form, so that doesn't surprise me. Thanks for this bit of info. :hug:

Ok will do. Should I cut straight across when clipping and then do a 45 degree cut or just cut it off at 45?

Sorry so many noob questions. I really appreciate all of the help and hope someday I can be as helpful! Thanks!!

There are no stupid questions weenmeoff. We're here hoping you'll ask questions so that some helpful cultivator can answer it for you. This process helps all of us become better cultivators.

I must say, I was thrilled to watch the group of you swoop in to help ween. This was a delightful read for a Sunday morning. I'm confident that you're in excellent hands ween. How fortuitous of you to have Rad wander in. Hello Rad. :love: :hug: :love: Hello to you too, Canna, nismo and Hoz. :hug::hug::hug: I'll probably only be passing through now and then on my way to one of those many threads I maintain, but it was nice to get to know you some ween. I look forward to getting to know you better over the years. It was reassuring to watch you pick up the learning curve so quickly. Your first harvest will be a delight of its own to witness.

I can't leave without a hug for you too ween. It's your party. :laughtwo: Best of luck with the rest of your grow. :hug:

I don't hear as much about alien abductions these days. I think it's related to cell phones.
"So this alien spacecraft hovered over your pickup truck and you didn't get a selfie with it? That should have been all over facebook" :rofl:

:rofl:

This never even occurred to me as an option. I'm new to cloning though, still waiting on my first roots to form, so that doesn't surprise me. Thanks for this bit of info. :hug:

There are no stupid questions weenmeoff. We're here hoping you'll ask questions so that some helpful cultivator can answer it for you. This process helps all of us become better cultivators.

I must say, I was thrilled to watch the group of you swoop in to help ween. This was a delightful read for a Sunday morning. I'm confident that you're in excellent hands ween. How fortuitous of you to have Rad wander in. Hello Rad. :love: :hug: :love: Hello to you too, Canna, nismo and Hoz. :hug::hug::hug: I'll probably only be passing through now and then on my way to one of those many threads I maintain, but it was nice to get to know you some ween. I look forward to getting to know you better over the years. It was reassuring to watch you pick up the learning curve so quickly. Your first harvest will be a delight of its own to witness.

I can't leave without a hug for you too ween. It's your party. :laughtwo: Best of luck with the rest of your grow. :hug:

Much thanks Sue! I started reading your healing garden thread but it's gonna take me a while to catch up on that one, Carnival was easy to catch up on and excited to try it someday. I am super thankful to the help I've received from Canna, NIS, Rad and Hoz and now you, I appreciate your comments about asking questions as I am sure I will have plenty more. I can't wait to harvest the fruits of my labor! I look forward to getting to know you more too, hugs right back at you! :hug::hug::hug:

I know right! Any suggestions on how to deal with those bad boys, clip, bend out of the way?
Tuck them if at all possible or punch them off. Last weekend I got tired of all the fan leaves blocking everything so I took a bunch of them. Then they came back twice as heavy this week. It won't hurt to take them if you need to.

Tuck them if at all possible or punch them off. Last weekend I got tired of all the fan leaves blocking everything so I took a bunch of them. Then they came back twice as heavy this week. It won't hurt to take them if you need to.
Edit: pinch not punch. You can go all Mike Tyson on them if you want though lol

I will try to avoid cutting them but a couple may need to go, I'll punch me right in the face, ha!

So I was away for the weekend, missed my girls. Nice to see good growth! I decided not to top at the 3rd set of true leaves but instead did the very top. Lots of good undergrowth despite the huge fan leaves. I need to read up on lst and may need to punch some of these fans.

image36951.jpg

image36952.jpg

image36953.jpg

image36954.jpg

There's this wicked sense of power that comes with advanced LST. :laughtwo: You started well grasshopper. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom