Weffalo's West Coast O.G. First Time Grow: Indoor, Soil, SIP, Auto

Top buds are mostly crinkled orange now on plant 1, not fully though. Plant 2 seems further behind but will she definitely ripen with this few leaves? She was the same as plant 1 for most of flowering till now. One plant 3 it's way behind, those are all still pure white.

I took 3 pictures of 3 different buds from each plant, first three from plant 1, second three from plant 2 etc.

Day 71:
latewcog1.jpg
latewcog2.jpg
latewcog3.jpg
latewcog4.jpg
latewcog5.jpg
latewcog6.jpg
latewcog7.jpg
latewcog8.jpg
latewcog9.jpg

latewcog10.jpg

Overview no flash^

Taking pictures with the microscope is absolutely impossible lol, I tried resting it on top of a 5gal bucket and a plant pot on that, all fans off... I managed to grab a few but it was difficult and only certain buds are reachable with this method. Need to work on my technique or think of a better way to take these :rofl:

From the very top bud they are *mostly* cloudy with very few amber (If any!), some taken from further down the plant still have lots of heads still clear and the really bottom buds are still a lot of white pistils.

Bonus tric pics:
trich1.png
trich2.png
trich3.png

Crazy how stacked they are on this pic :D

So I think the 2nd plant may need to be harvested soon? I think the plants dying there's not many leaves left now, although a few green ones. The 1st plant is coming along nicely and I'm hoping it's not too long left... very few amber trich but most are cloudy.

This post and the next will be a bit of a picture dump sorry.

Day 73
wcog-o1.jpg
wcog-o2.jpg
wcog-o3.jpg
wcog-o4.jpg
wcog-o5.jpg
wcog-o6.jpg
wcog-o7.jpg
wcog-o8.jpg

Thanks, patiently waiting mate :D Approaching the start of week 7 above ground on the next grow so it's looking like my quad is gonna be getting maybe 8 weeks of veg :rofl:

They're hanging in good Weff!
Thanks Stone!

Hard not to think what could have been with no defiencies, but good lessons learned. Excited for another attempt but very happy there will be "some" sort of harvest, it does smell good still and loads of trich so I'm hoping for some small but tasty buds :D

Weff, I have been trying to keep up. I am sorry but I can't even remember if you are using organic? I am really curious that your plants seem to be presenting with the same / similar leaf issues. I don't want to contradict the masters, particularly if you are not running organic soil. I am really curious to get to the bottom of this. Did you feed your corrective nutes from the top or through the res? Personally, I would have started with calmag poured down the roots from the top. As I say, I am not a master grower, but I have had some issues with crisping leaves that started with rusty looking spots and spread up. We are not alone! I had a slight calmag issue with my latest grow and solved it in a day. I hope you get to the bottom of this.

Weff, I have been trying to keep up. I am sorry but I can't even remember if you are using organic? I am really curious that your plants seem to be presenting with the same / similar leaf issues. I don't want to contradict the masters, particularly if you are not running organic soil. I am really curious to get to the bottom of this. Did you feed your corrective nutes from the top or through the res? Personally, I would have started with calmag poured down the roots from the top. As I say, I am not a master grower, but I have had some issues with crisping leaves that started with rusty looking spots and spread up. We are not alone! I had a slight calmag issue with my latest grow and solved it in a day. I hope you get to the bottom of this.
No worries Carmen it's hard to keep track of all the great grows going on here, I have the exact same problem lol.

I'm unfortunately not using organics, synthetic nutes for simplicity at the moment. I think I've got environment down now to almost ideal conditions so I might consider switching to organic in the future when I have more time on my hands to learn it :)

I feed all nutes through the res, they are all liquid based apart from Silica so I don't topdress or anything like that, my top soil is completely dry for a good few inches which I think is good for a protective layer.

I think the issues I've had with dying leaves etc are all mostly from what Emilya said, a K defiecency, when I fixed that things improved but obviously it was already quite bad and so they've not really recovered entirely. I can say the two plants on the right didn't get worse so I do think it was accurate advice and diagnosis of the issue.

I think what's difficult with autos is they change into flower on their own which means you need to be on the ball with upping bloom nutes at the right time. At least that's definitely the issue I had this time :D

I changed the feeding schedule 2 weeks ago now and I think the plant on the left would be fully dead if I didn't, she's barely hanging on till the end lol.

Drinking has slowed down massively over last week or so.

Plant 2 which is the one that's got about 5 leaves left is still emptying the res but very very slowly.

Plant 3 which is the one that's barely ripened has one bud that has loads of orange hairs, the rest all white, it has the most leaves that are still green so I'm guessing it's just a slow goer.

Both plant 1 and 2 are primarily orange hairs on the top, I need to check trich again and see how we are looking over the next few days. Some of the lower buds I guess won't ripen to the same level, that's due to my canopy sucking... no big deal, I planned to make bubble with anything that isn't a decent bud anyway.

I noticed some contaminants when I used the mic last time... just some hair but a good lesson on keeping the space immaculate. The main issue is the door is open so it can vent air so the room basically shares air with the rest of the house which isn't ideal, when I add an air con and a vent I should be able to have this room more sealed and be able to keep more sterile conditions.

Day 75:
wcog_day751.jpg
wcog_day752.jpg
wcog_day753.jpg
wcog_day754.jpg

And the buds, 3 different bud pictures from each plant in order (Plant 1, 2 and 3)
wcog_day755.jpg
wcog_day756.jpg
wcog_day757.jpg
wcog_day758.jpg

wcog_day759.jpg
wcog_day7510.jpg

And sorry for the large amount of images on my journals, I like to be somewhat thorough with my documentation at least at this early stage of learning.

Buds continued:
wcog_day7511.jpg
wcog_day7512.jpg
wcog_day7513.jpg

Loving the colour of some of the sugarleaves, shame a lot of them are dead/dying but excited to see how lush the colours will be when I keep a healthier plant through flower.

Drinking has slowed down massively over last week or so.

Plant 2 which is the one that's got about 5 leaves left is still emptying the res but very very slowly.

Plant 3 which is the one that's barely ripened has one bud that has loads of orange hairs, the rest all white, it has the most leaves that are still green so I'm guessing it's just a slow goer.

Both plant 1 and 2 are primarily orange hairs on the top, I need to check trich again and see how we are looking over the next few days. Some of the lower buds I guess won't ripen to the same level, that's due to my canopy sucking... no big deal, I planned to make bubble with anything that isn't a decent bud anyway.

I noticed some contaminants when I used the mic last time... just some hair but a good lesson on keeping the space immaculate. The main issue is the door is open so it can vent air so the room basically shares air with the rest of the house which isn't ideal, when I add an air con and a vent I should be able to have this room more sealed and be able to keep more sterile conditions.

Day 75:
wcog_day751.jpg
wcog_day752.jpg
wcog_day753.jpg
wcog_day754.jpg

And the buds, 3 different bud pictures from each plant in order (Plant 1, 2 and 3)
wcog_day755.jpg
wcog_day756.jpg
wcog_day757.jpg
wcog_day758.jpg

wcog_day759.jpg
wcog_day7510.jpg
Frosty as the snowman!

Frosty as the snowman!
The plant that's basically dead on her feet looks the frostiest to my eyes, testament to stress during flower... maybe more controlled next time? :rofl:

Could also just be my eyes, don't have age as excuse so I'll blame excessive screen useage xDD

And sorry for the large amount of images on my journals, I like to be somewhat thorough with my documentation at least at this early stage of learning.

Buds continued:
wcog_day7511.jpg
wcog_day7512.jpg
wcog_day7513.jpg

Loving the colour of some of the sugarleaves, shame a lot of them are dead/dying but excited to see how lush the colours will be when I keep a healthier plant through flower.
Timber, congratulations on your upcoming harvest.
If they have stopped eating they have stopped flowing.
Those white pistils they foxtails? Fresh?
Nice work my friend.
Love all the pics. :thumb:
Hope you had a great weekend.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎

Timber, congratulations on your upcoming harvest.
If they have stopped eating they have stopped flowing.
Those white pistils they foxtails? Fresh?
Nice work my friend.
Love all the pics. :thumb:
Hope you had a great weekend.

Bill284 😎
Hi Bill,

Thanks mate 😎 I hope your well? My weekend was great thank you, although it was mostly labour/sorting things out... I've never been as tidy and organised as now lol, funny how this hobby has helped with that.

I don't think they are foxtails? I don't really know but I had thought that was more when the buds kinda elongate out?

The plant with the white pistils is either heavily stunted or delayed I think, she has the most green leaves still though so I'm thinking she just needs longer? She has barely ripened at all in the same amount of time but I think I will harvest 2 and leave her in with my photo to finish when the time is right :D🤞

Hi Bill,

Thanks mate 😎 I hope your well? My weekend was great thank you, although it was mostly labour/sorting things out... I've never been as tidy and organised as now lol, funny how this hobby has helped with that.

I don't think they are foxtails? I don't really know but I had thought that was more when the buds kinda elongate out?

The plant with the white pistils is either heavily stunted or delayed I think, she has the most green leaves still though so I'm thinking she just needs longer? She has barely ripened at all in the same amount of time but I think I will harvest 2 and leave her in with my photo to finish when the time is right :D🤞
I find it's good to not rush them.
They each have their own schedule and sometimes you just have to wait. :thumb:
Take care.

Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom