What happens if

ScHydro

What happens if my photo plants get about 36hrs of darkness about 3.5 weeks into flower? Will it just put the flowing time on a hold and then take longer to finish or will it just kill yields and the plant still finish around the planned time?

Yeah they're all settled now, I had to move while they were in flower, so they had darkness for a while, but they've been back on a good 12/12 schedule now, I haven't seen any signs of them hermimg. But they haven't been growing very slowly since.

Bump. So what happened w the plants that were dark early in flower?
Everyone involved with the earlier discussion has left the house. None of them have logged in since sometime in 2019 from what I had noticed.

Over the years there have been a fair number of msg threads started by growers who have had an interruption in their lighting schedules because of power outages, usually storms. I do not remember that any of them reported back that anything out of the ordinary happened.

A 36 hour dark period means that the plant(s) continued to build up the hormones that promote flowering and survived on stored nutrients. Once the power returns the plant is back on its normal schedule. It produces flower hormones until lights on at which time photosynthesis kicks in and produces the starches and sugars and whatever the plant needs to supply the nutrients to the developing flowers.

I have a coup
Everyone involved with the earlier discussion has left the house. None of them have logged in since sometime in 2019 from what I had noticed.

Over the years there have been a fair number of msg threads started by growers who have had an interruption in their lighting schedules because of power outages, usually storms. I do not remember that any of them reported back that anything out of the ordinary happened.

A 36 hour dark period means that the plant(s) continued to build up the hormones that promote flowering and survived on stored nutrients. Once the power returns the plant is back on its normal schedule. It produces flower hormones until lights on at which time photosynthesis kicks in and produces the starches and sugars and whatever the plant needs to supply the nutrients to the developing flowers.
i have a couple of “extra plants that i threw under 12/12 a few weeks after my main scrog and was considering darkness for last 36-48-72 hrs before chopping main plant and was wondering what the extrs/side plants would do. I suppose we will see. Thanks for the info and help. I didnt wanna start a new thread cuz this one seemed applicable. 🤞

... was considering darkness for last 36-48-72 hrs before chopping main plant and was wondering what the extrs/side plants would do.
Some of the growers do put their plants under extended dark periods just before harvest. After harvesting the main plant you can put the lights back on your favorite normal flowering schedule and the remaining plants should keep on truckin' like nothing happened.

Back
Top Bottom