What is a flowering clone?

Damn! I find new and interesting stuff everyday here at 420mag! :)
Really liked the idea of not having a mother and just use this method. And Im going scrog so fits perfect with more branches;)

But one question! How is the smell for these clones? I cant have any smell at all, so would I need a small mini DIY filter connected to a pc fan when building a box for this? What should the optimal size of the box when using flowering clones? :) Thank you guys.

EDIT: And also, what kind of light would do the job right? Stealth and small space is the key here.
Could I put the new taken clones in a small 16oz cup and do it hempy style with all perlite? Just under a dome and be sure to keep it moist and warm? I was thinking about a wicked perlite cloner, but if i can put them straight into a small cup and when they are rooted and ready I could cut of the bottom of the cup and put it in a bigger hempy cointaner? I guess I then would cut the time to harvest even further as they will be faster to reach for the reservoar.

What a great batch of info. All makes sense. I had no choice but to take 2 clones from my 4 wk flowering White Widow. The ones I took earlier accidentally got nute burned and died. My Flowering clones are stronger, Greener and less stressed than the earlier ones. They are just starting to show new growth and I plan to vege until I am sure all is well and then flower. Many on 420 mag. said no to taking flowering clones but when left with no choice, I'm glad I did..Thaks racefan and all.

Thought I would mention this thread was started in 2006. It has some recent posts back to 2011. I was sent here by another link on clones flowering and taking a cutting while in flower.

Well to answer your questions I recently had to take clones in order to sex my plants as they had not shown in veg. Out of 8 plants I had 6 that were male. Needless to say I did not want the popping pollen all over the flower room. So In a last ditch effort I cloned the 2 plants hoping they were female, so it turned out they were and now my teenie tiny clones have flowered. I am waiting on my internet server to allow my emails to post so I can get the pics.

I hopefully will be able to post them tomorrow.:Namaste:

I wanted to post the flowering clones I took 9 days into flower of my flower.
I took the clones and used the following method.

Cut right next to the main stem.
Used sharp scissors and scraped lightly the outer stem.
from 1 inch above the cut, to where I made the cut all the
way around.
Then cut just above the end @ a 45 degree and stuck it into
soil. Mine have been training on lst for 2 weeks now.

Sorry if they are to blurry but they are flowering.

clone212.jpg

clone118.jpg

:thumb:

Is it necessary to top these clones once revegged? I have several clones that I took in this method and was wondering if they need to be topped to maximize yield.

I just took 18 clones from my flowering Blue Dream. She has been flowering for about a week and I lost all my other clones (I think) because I used too much Super Thrive. Anyway, I have been researching the idea of cloning during flowering and it appears I have been missing out on a great idea. I always thought it wasn't worth taking clones during flowering but after reading many blogs about the subject I went ahead and tried it. I hope this works out so I don't have to maintain a mother plant. I will post when I see results.

I took my 1st clone ever in my life like this...from reading this thread. Thanks!! I took it around the 10 of last month (6-10-13) and it's starting to grow, really thot it was gonna die. It was taken from my only plant and she's not in good health which makes it more unbelievable. She was in the 3 week of flower, bagseed, spendley, poor looking thing but my 1st indoor grow also. Just amazing that's it's still alive and the clone.....alive? is unbelievable!!

Really great info and thank you!!!
Stratol:peace:

genius! im trying this out 4 sure, even though all my plants rite now are already 3rd generation clones and are genetically pretty weak at this point. What a bad ass way to increase yield, it almost seems like cheating, awesome!

Until I found this thread everything I'd heard, read, or watched about taking clones said NEVER to take them from a flowering plant in 12/12...well...It's the middle of April here in Michigan and a couple of farmer buddies of mine agreed to participate in a little outdoor growing three days after I put my Vanilla Kush into 12/12 so I took a chance and took 2 cutting from each of my plants in the budding room since they hadn't shown any pistils yet. I'm in southern Michigan so the Vanilla Kush should finish before the first frost which can happen as early as mid October but is usually closer to Halloween. Sativas have to be grown indoors hereabouts. Fucking weather. I much prefer indoor growing here in da Bunker to outside with all the hazards and risks and variables, but IF the plants don't get eaten or die because of nasty early weather or get found or get frozen before they finish the bud tends to be a little better than the same genetics indoors. This is probably due to the natural light and UV-B of course. Maybe it's just me, but the buds we get from outdoors are stickier than the indoor buds.
Anyway, I digress...The cuttings I took from the plants that were three days into flowering are vigorous as hell and they are themselves flowering now one week later even though they have been on 24 hours all week. I came here to see if they would revert to vegging or whether I should just toss them and I found that I had accidentally stumbled onto another pro growing trick! Make sure you soak your rockwool in water with a pH of about 4.0 for a few hours and then rinse them and soak them in a light nutrient solution (200ppm using RO or distilled) at a pH of 6. Do not squeeze the water out of the rockwool cubes or you will fuck up the structure of the rockwool a little, just shake the 4.0 pH water, rinse them, and soak them in the nutrient broth for a couple of hours before you do the deed.

Great Thread. I'm needing to try my luck with cloning for the first time sometime in the next few weeks.

BunkerMonkey; Please give us an update in a week or so as to how those flowering clones you took are doing! Sounds like they are supposed to re-veg after a while.

Most people out here even my previous master grower would clone budding branches.... Never heard/seen anything adverse though... Personally I have trouble withem lol

UPDATE:
The clones I took on day 4 of flowering put out roots at a faster rate than the clones taken from vegging BUT they are struggling on the green end and look pathetic. They are also still fighting to make flowers instead of new growth. Personally I'm sticking with cuttings from vegging plants.

Back
Top Bottom