What light do I use?

I totally agree that they ARE both good for growing weed, just different situations that steer buyers one way or another (longevity, initial cost, operating costs, heat (or cold) etc.
That’s where I’m at mate, not so much the initial cost but the operating cost and heat, or lack of, I’m gunna just go with m 2 phlizon pl1000’s and see how it goes, and worse way I will be able to advise, help people who are in the position I’m in now :thumb::thanks:

Yes, I mix both and switch channels/par
coffee_shop_seeds_grenn_crack_big_bud_auto.JPG
I’m with ya, and what your doing it’s working great mate, lovely girls there :thumb::thanks:

My advice would of been keep your HID and save for a good light or two.
For your space. I also had a few P300s and they did an ok job.
But two would never of replaced my 1000 HID and i paid more for those.
Then my current setup at the time , Those were 300 watt true each.
They were nowhere near as good as my FC/E i heat noise and yeild wise.
And same wattage 300 watt each light , things have moved pretty fast over the past 5 years.
That’s my worry mate, electric, otherwise I would invest in a really good light, but with the electric prices going through the roof over here I don’t wanna get evicted 😂
HIDs will always have a place in the uk anyway.
Until its legal.
No ones going to invest in a grow here with 50 led lights.
when they rig the meter and get free power.
Why waste money on lights they tend to leave behind after a grow or two if there lucky.

That’s where I’m at mate, not so much the initial cost but the operating cost and heat, or lack of, I’m gunna just go with m 2 phlizon pl1000’s and see how it goes, and worse way I will be able to advise, help people who are in the position I’m in now :thumb::thanks:
I think that with your new light, it will work just fine. I just got a new high power LED and it's a learning curve from my old veg/bloom LED's, which I use to supplement, (particularly in veg, as my new light is weighted towards Rspec). I've got a larger tent (6.5x6.5x7) and HID's would just be too much heat.

My advice would of been keep your HID and save for a good light or two.
For your space. I also had a few P300s and they did an ok job.
But two would never of replaced my 1000 HID and i paid more for those.
Then my current setup at the time , Those were 300 watt true each.
They were nowhere near as good as my FC/E i heat noise and yeild wise.
And same wattage 300 watt each light , things have moved pretty fast over the past 5 years.

HIDs will always have a place in the uk anyway.
Until its legal.
No ones going to invest in a grow here with 50 led lights.
when they rig the meter and get free power.
Why waste money on lights they tend to leave behind after a grow or two if there lucky.
Yeah your right mate, that’s why I’m growing myself, they don’t give a toss about the quality, as long as they get loads to sell, it’s all shite mate over here, when I did my first grow and cured it the taste and quality was in another level compared to all the crap going about, thank you for the advice mate :thumb::thanks:

I think that with your new light, it will work just fine. I just got a new high power LED and it's a learning curve from my old veg/bloom LED's, which I use to supplement, (particularly in veg, as my new light is weighted towards Rspec). I've got a larger tent (6.5x6.5x7) and HID's would just be too much heat.
Thank you Phytoplankton, feel a bit better about it now reading what people have said, and yeah I’m a bit iffy about the switching from the veg/bloom light to the sunlike light, as you say mate, just gotta learn it as ya go :thanks: :thumb:

Thank you Phytoplankton, feel a bit better about it now reading what people have said, and yeah I’m a bit iffy about the switching from the veg/bloom light to the sunlike light, as you say mate, just gotta learn it as ya go :thanks: :thumb:
Most of my issues were figuring out the proper height and what % to set the dimmer at.

Most of my issues were figuring out the proper height and what % to set the dimmer at.
yeah I’m with ya mate, found some info looking on the web and it seems that with mine, 24-30 inch’s at 40% germination and seedlings, when I asked phlizon where I got them from, they told me 12 inch’s at 50%, I had a go at em, told em their gunna fry my plants, now they’ve asked for my advice on the heights :rofl:

Yep, there huge mate, and I’m thinking my electric bill would be through the room running the hid’s, maybe I will look into it, with buds like your getting it’s gunna be worth it
Iv looked on the internet for mine, it’s saying between 24-30 inch’s fir

yeah I’m with ya mate, found some info looking on the web and it seems that with mine, 24-30 inch’s at 40% germination and seedlings, when I asked phlizon where I got them from, they told me 12 inch’s at 50%, I had a go at em, told em their gunna fry my plants, now they’ve asked for my advice on the heights :rofl:
I always think light power and what the makers say needs to be taking with a pinch of salt. Bit like when thinking about buying a new car and mpg

I always think light power and what the makers say needs to be taking with a pinch of salt. Bit like when thinking about buying a new car and mpg
Yes mate, I just use there guide as a starting point and adjust from there, especially when their advice is what I got from the company I bought em from :rofl: And sorry mate if my messages are all over the place, getting in the philizon habit now in i 😂

Hi people, need some advice here, iv been using the viparspectra 600w, done 2 grows with it but noticed it isn’t covering whole space, my tent is 1mx1m and 2 meters high, iv just bought 2 phlizon 1000w, hoping that with the 3x2 foot coverage of each iv covered my whole space, but now I’m wondering about the lights, are they any good and has anyone got them, thank you for the help :thumb::thanks:
I have faith thst those lights will do u good there new on the market still there's naysayers but as bright as they are I couldn't imagine them not working good .good luck with them I have one similar to yours so far I like what iv seen .here's results 3 weeks old

IMG_20221009_072242_280.jpg

That's what they say, but even in the dead of summer with AC running constantly :hmmmm: my electric bill never went over $220...and to get a comparable LED, it's going to draw 800 to 1000 watts itself, not too mention it will be 8 or 900 dollars for 1...just my thoughts, and my other argument...you're not going to get these from LEDs :thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

Wow, very beautiful buds! I want that one!

But you put that down to type of light? and not amount of power coupled with the space & technique to grow them that big?

To the OP, well I guess going to those Philzons is more of lateral move than an upgrade.. but sure they will grow, my friend grew rather nice bud under two dirt cheap 45watt boards. They had to be right above the bud but the plant grew and flowered no problem.
But since you've got a 1x1m tent you're certainly on the right track, trying to light it with a single LED light is a nightmare, as unless you have a led with lenses or use a really powerful light and hang it high so you get an even par reading at the preferred height the light pretty much instantly falls off where the board stops, I'd rather have four 100/150 watt lights each covering 50x50 than one 400/600 watt light in the centre, and with several light sources you do get a bit of light coming in from all angles for better penetration so having an array setup is best.

I keep recommending the photone app.. as it's tested to be accurate enough when used properly and that way you can always measure and supply the right power and coverage to your plants according to the grow stage they are in and no matter which lights you use. (several light spectra are behind a paywall though)
But with LEDs a couple of centimetres makes a world of difference. So being able to measure how much gets where to the canopy and adjust the height or position and being able to calculate the daily light integral is a big help.

Hi people, need some advice here, iv been using the viparspectra 600w, done 2 grows with it but noticed it isn’t covering whole space, my tent is 1mx1m and 2 meters high, iv just bought 2 phlizon 1000w, hoping that with the 3x2 foot coverage of each iv covered my whole space, but now I’m wondering about the lights, are they any good and has anyone got them, thank you for the help :thumb::thanks:
I hope they work.out for you

Aaaaargh the debate 😂😂😂😂

I don’t mind the excess heat at the mo. Exhaust is coming out into the hallway and spreading down. Is cheaper than putting radiators on in my flat/apartment.

So another bloody weird variable

One day in a time not too far away we HIDers will hold hands with the LEDers and just agree they’re both good for growing weed 😂🙏
:rofl: ...it's just a matter of choice :passitleft:hell, back in the day I grew with CFLs and Miracle Grow, not a huge yield, but they grew none the less, and got me high :lot-o-toke:

Wow, very beautiful buds! I want that one!

But you put that down to type of light? and not amount of power coupled with the space & technique to grow them that big?

Yep, it's the light man :rofl::lot-o-toke: I grew for 4 or 5 years with CFLs and Miracle Grow, not much to talk about :hmmmm: but as soon as I got my 1000 watt HPS, ...plant was so big it yielded 14 Oz's all by itself...

Back
Top Bottom