What Obstacle Is My Plant Facing?

I don't believe there nutrients schedule is set up assuming you are using their ocean forest soil. And I know @Emilya would agree with me that in a 5 gallon pail of soil your plant is still too small to need any additional food yet. Ocean Forrest soil is very high in plant nutrition. Many growers go all the way until flower without adding anything and without seeing deficiencies. The best way to know when your plant needs additional food is when it tells you it needs it. Once you start seeing it lacking for something then you know. If you add food when there's plenty there that's when problems start. Overall your plant pictures look pretty darn healthy besides the clawing. That will straighten itself out with proper watering technique and stopping the nutrients for now. I think Emilya will weigh in here too.

Thank you guys so much for sharing your knowledge with me! I definitely feel a lot more comfortable with watering. It was something that I had trouble finding out about. You guys are the bestttt

I don't believe there nutrients schedule is set up assuming you are using their ocean forest soil. And I know @Emilya would agree with me that in a 5 gallon pail of soil your plant is still too small to need any additional food yet. Ocean Forrest soil is very high in plant nutrition. Many growers go all the way until flower without adding anything and without seeing deficiencies. The best way to know when your plant needs additional food is when it tells you it needs it. Once you start seeing it lacking for something then you know. If you add food when there's plenty there that's when problems start. Overall your plant pictures look pretty darn healthy besides the clawing. That will straighten itself out with proper watering technique and stopping the nutrients for now. I think Emilya will weigh in here too.

Hey fanleaf!!! I was wondering what you thought about when I could possibly clip the bottom branches and use those to clone???

I completely and utterly respect your opinion, and would love to know what you thought about when I could cut the bottom branches and use them to clone? Thanks again for all your help! My plants are already looking happier :)
any of those bottom shoots that have at least 3 nodes are easily cloned. You can use them at any time, even after you have gone into flower, but it is a lot harder at that point and not recommended. Glad everyone is responding the adaptations!

any of those bottom shoots that have at least 3 nodes are easily cloned. You can use them at any time, even after you have gone into flower, but it is a lot harder at that point and not recommended. Glad everyone is responding the adaptations!

Awesome! And I have read about the method of using a root stimulator, but I was wondering what you thought of keeping the plant in the water and allowing the roots to grow in the water with sunlight? Is this less effective?

Awesome! And I have read about the method of using a root stimulator, but I was wondering what you thought of keeping the plant in the water and allowing the roots to grow in the water with sunlight? Is this less effective?
Good clean water with only a few drops of calmag is fine. I have used "rooting hormone" and also done without it. Seems to work about the same either way for me. I would keep water oxygenated and covered if that's the route you take.

Cool! And when I cut the branch, do I cut it closest to the stem, or shorter? Just making sure cause I’ve heard both
I'll tell you how I do mine, others may vary some. I use a very sharp CLEAN razor and shave the entire stem off flush with the trunk. I then take the cutting and about 2-3 inches from the 1st node I take the razor and cut the rest of the stem off at a 45 degree angle or so. I then take the razor and put 2-3 small cuts (1/8") at the base (in my angled cut) to encourage roots. So its splitting the stem in 3 pieces but only 1/8". Does that make sense? Hard to explain in text. I put mine in cubes and in a humidity dome after I cut all fan leafs in half.

I always leave a bit of a nub, maybe 1/4 inch or so, after I have made the cut. I have learned that this small nub is easier for the plant to quickly cap off and heal.

Hey Emilya! Sorry to bother you, but I was wondering, I’m on my 3rd day after my last watering and around the edges of the soil, using a moisture meter, I can tell the bottom 2 inches of soil are still wet. I should wait to water again, yes?

No bother... I am happy to be able to help so many people. :love:
I would wait another 12 hours and check again... once you are down in that last inch it will never show dry due to capillary action between the roots and the sides of the container, so once it is down there, it is time to water. Good job!
:welldone:
I bet the plant is already looking better?

Thank you!! Yeah, it’s looking a lot better! I did a lot of trimming on both (I have two) but went ahead and took clippings for clones. Here are some pics. The first is the one that was clawing.

Attachments

• 78663EB1-AB14-4ECB-8EC6-D36A5883A120.jpeg
    78663EB1-AB14-4ECB-8EC6-D36A5883A120.jpeg
    804.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 5DD59B33-151D-4F67-B70C-D70ED06DF383.jpeg
    5DD59B33-151D-4F67-B70C-D70ED06DF383.jpeg
    838 KB · Views: 31
  • 4F1440CD-F86C-436E-8298-6B3D6E2720C0.jpeg
    4F1440CD-F86C-436E-8298-6B3D6E2720C0.jpeg
    976.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 6EDA49F4-85B2-490F-A0EC-1D31764E5C3D.jpeg
    6EDA49F4-85B2-490F-A0EC-1D31764E5C3D.jpeg
    931 KB · Views: 39
I grow in Fox farms ocean forest soil and have been for a while. I have very good results using their feeding schedule. I don't start giving nutrients until my plants are three weeks old. Then start at 50% and keep bumping it from there until you get to 100% or the plants are showing signs of nutrient burn. If you ph your water and follow the schedule including flushing at recommend intervals you should have a problem free grow. I feed every other watering regardless of how long it takes for the soil to dry out. As mentioned before don't use the directions on the bottle those directions assume your are using that nutrient only. You might want to add some cal Mag but really no need to until you see signs of deficiency. Your light will be the week link in your grow. It's a great light for the veg stage but not so much for flowering. It will work but your yields will suffer a lot. Best of luck and don't hesitate to ask questions. Many on this forum are happy to help.

I grow in Fox farms ocean forest soil and have been for a while. I have very good results using their feeding schedule. I don't start giving nutrients until my plants are three weeks old. Then start at 50% and keep bumping it from there until you get to 100% or the plants are showing signs of nutrient burn. If you ph your water and follow the schedule including flushing at recommend intervals you should have a problem free grow. I feed every other watering regardless of how long it takes for the soil to dry out. As mentioned before don't use the directions on the bottle those directions assume your are using that nutrient only. You might want to add some cal Mag but really no need to until you see signs of deficiency. Your light will be the week link in your grow. It's a great light for the veg stage but not so much for flowering. It will work but your yields will suffer a lot. Best of luck and don't hesitate to ask questions. Many on this forum are happy to help.

Hey Killian! Thanks for the advice! Why do you say that my plants won’t do well during flowering with the light I have? What should I do differently for flowering?

That's just my opinion. I have two vipraspectre 450's in a 2x4 and wouldn't flower with them either. Grow with what you have and can afford. You will be happy with the results because whatever you end up with is what you produced by yourself and there's no better feeling. But honestly the only way your going to get the most out of your plants is with more light. I personally like to flower with a 600 watt HID light. My advice is to search some journals using the same wattage you are using and see what they are producing.

No bother... I am happy to be able to help so many people. :love:
I would wait another 12 hours and check again... once you are down in that last inch it will never show dry due to capillary action between the roots and the sides of the container, so once it is down there, it is time to water. Good job!
:welldone:
I bet the plant is already looking better?

Hey Emilya! So the one plant is definitely ready for water, but the other one is still showing wet 2-3 inches from the bottom. I shouldn’t feel the need to water together, right? I should just go ahead and water the one that is dry and wait till the other is ready, yeah?

Back
Top Bottom