What temperature and humidity is ideal for the dry room whole plant hung

Sly

Ok so this Humboldt seed company genetics and cultivar is Squirt it so loud it is Tangie bX3 X blueberry muffins X tangie 55 day flowering schedule recommended by Humboldt seed company I went to day 60 include my 2 day for darkness.
So I got my whole plants hung up 12 hours ago they had been in darkness for 48 hours so I was committed but just notice that its gonna start getting hotter and dry in my area next 4 or 5 days then will cool down and I'm wondering what are ideal temps and humidity and what are the range it must stay in between before you start lose terps and flavonoids and trichrome degradation . My dry room is in total darkness with good circulation no air contacting plants directly I got temperature at 66 humidity 58.7 currently but days to come and today temps will rise and humidity will drop as day get hotter and dryer where do I need my temps and humidity to stay between for slow drying process trying to achieve 10-14 day dry? Thanks appreciate advice

Ok so this Humboldt seed company genetics and cultivar is Squirt it so loud it is Tangie bX3 X blueberry muffins X tangie 55 day flowering schedule recommended by Humboldt seed company I went to day 60 include my 2 day for darkness.
So I got my whole plants hung up 12 hours ago they had been in darkness for 48 hours so I was committed but just notice that its gonna start getting hotter and dry in my area next 4 or 5 days then will cool down and I'm wondering what are ideal temps and humidity and what are the range it must stay in between before you start lose terps and flavonoids and trichrome degradation . My dry room is in total darkness with good circulation no air contacting plants directly I got temperature at 66 humidity 58.7 currently but days to come and today temps will rise and humidity will drop as day get hotter and dryer where do I need my temps and humidity to stay between for slow drying process trying to achieve 10-14 day dry? Thanks appreciate advice
Hello my friend. I'm glad you had a harvest. I hang branches not whole plant.
I keep room at 62 rh, temps I try to keep cool as possible about 15 c. Usually hangs 4 to 5 days, before jarring. I have minimal air movement. A small fan on floor away from buds. Keeping the air moving.
Just my process and 2 cents ,happy growing.

Hello my friend. I'm glad you had a harvest. I hang branches not whole plant.
I keep room at 62 rh, temps I try to keep cool as possible about 15 c. Usually hangs 4 to 5 days, before jarring. I have minimal air movement. A small fan on floor away from buds. Keeping the air moving.
Just my process and 2 cents ,happy growing.
I usually cutt down to brachs too for a faster dry but heard I can achieve even better results with longer dry and whole plant will extend dry and bud to ripen and dry better on vine.. the plant to keep absorbing water from the stalk and stem lengthening dry for more degradation of chlorophyll for a easier/ shorter cure to be honest they ready to smoke as soon as dry I think in my opion I think cure starts on the vine from long dry and degradation of chlorophyll
Yea I like jar when buds Get a lil crispy but I know the moister inside buds will hydrate the the out side for that perfect 58% to 65% humidity I’m usually in that zone I us Bluetooth temp and hydrometer to keep track of dry room and jar

6CFEC1C3-881B-49CB-B172-BF7640068D14.jpeg

This is cannibus cultivar I’m hanging it’s Squirt from Humboldt seed company are genetics tangie bx3 X blueberry muffin X tangie

If you really want a slow dry maybe try a Fridge Dry ? 14 days seems pretty long to me. Mine dry in less then 7 days most the time.
I heard you start to dry out fast from refrigerator which turn your cannibus bud to dust when you try to break it down and lose from dryness I heard that the 60 degrees lowest you go wow in a frig also like I said above it is to my understanding that The longer cure is preferred to a A faster cure and whole plant hanging is preferred to hanging just the branches or chopping it down to buds The longer cure allows for degradation of chlorophyll ...chlorophyll is what gives bud that horrible harsh taste the breakdown of chlorophyll starts to happen soon as you cut actually if you done a correct grown your cannibus it will have already started to break down the chlorophyll during ripening phase last weeks Life if you get that fade down or leaching nutrients so plant begins to finish and a longer dry also shortens your cure the cure begins while plant is drying on the vine if the right environment has been provided

I heard you start to dry out fast from refrigerator which turn your cannibus bud to dust when you try to break it down and lose from dryness I heard that the 60 degrees lowest you go wow in a frig also like I said above it is to my understanding that The longer cure is preferred to a A faster cure and whole plant hanging is preferred to hanging just the branches or chopping it down to buds The longer cure allows for degradation of chlorophyll ...chlorophyll is what gives bud that horrible harsh taste the breakdown of chlorophyll starts to happen soon as you cut actually if you done a correct grown your cannibus it will have already started to break down the chlorophyll during ripening phase last weeks Life if you get that fade down or leaching nutrients so plant begins to finish and a longer dry also shortens your cure the cure begins while plant is drying on the vine if the right environment has been provided
I've never fridge dried. I hear people on here claim it's one of the best ways to slow dry so I mentioned it. Sounds like it takes about 2 - 4 weeks to dry before jarring it for the cure. I like a sedative effect from my weed so I usually go 10 - 25% Amber Trichs; which Amber Trichs are degraded THC that becomes CBN. From what I'm told a fast dry degrades the THC a little more so I'm good with a fast dry since I like weed that puts you to sleep. To me, If weed doesn't make you tired & lazy it's not good weed. Wish I could get the 70's effect from todays weed (the type of high you get from Reggie). I miss the days of smoking a joint & getting the munchies so bad you ate 1/2 the stuff in the fridge & then took a nap. Wish these breeders would embark on making some weed that does that. I haven't got the munchies from weed in over 20 years.

I consider how i dry to be low and slow without the fridge amd temps playing ball.
for me in the UK with winter just finishing too , makes it harder to achieve .
I ideally hang complete with rootball and no chopping. temp below 17° ( easily achievable in blighty. lol) cardboard box , air incoming but not directly on the plant and the rh around 40-50% max. The cardboard box helps absorb moisture and the lower temp avoids budrot. This usually takes about 10-14 days and allows the chemical processes to get busy using the stored chlorophyll up until totally dehydrated and void of life. She will work very hard to keep her buds alive and push more oils out too. Dry trimming is a pain but we'll worth the taste and potency.

I've never fridge dried. I hear people on here claim it's one of the best ways to slow dry so I mentioned it. Sounds like it takes about 2 - 4 weeks to dry before jarring it for the cure. I like a sedative effect from my weed so I usually go 10 - 25% Amber Trichs; which Amber Trichs are degraded THC that becomes CBN. From what I'm told a fast dry degrades the THC a little more so I'm good with a fast dry since I like weed that puts you to sleep. To me, If weed doesn't make you tired & lazy it's not good weed. Wish I could get the 70's effect from todays weed (the type of high you get from Reggie). I miss the days of smoking a joint & getting the munchies so bad you ate 1/2 the stuff in the fridge & then took a nap. Wish these breeders would embark on making some weed that does that. I haven't got the munchies from weed in over 20 years.

I like the sedative effect also and you’re right I don’t remember the last time I got the munchies either from some weed they literally breaded it out of cannabis lol it seems like that’s a good idea taking on the strain hunt that figures out what cannabis strains make you the most hungriest I’m sure they’re out there still and especially important to those people who are in need of cannabis for that affect... I like to get trichs to where I see just a few here and there that are clear and about 5 to 10% amber and then the rest off white or opaque or purple depending on cultivar expression I try to include the whole spectrum of trichs and this squirt cultivar is some of best weed I’ve tasted and some of best flower I’ve grown so it is gonna stay around for some time

I consider how i dry to be low and slow without the fridge amd temps playing ball.
for me in the UK with winter just finishing too , makes it harder to achieve .
I ideally hang complete with rootball and no chopping. temp below 17° ( easily achievable in blighty. lol) cardboard box , air incoming but not directly on the plant and the rh around 40-50% max. The cardboard box helps absorb moisture and the lower temp avoids budrot. This usually takes about 10-14 days and allows the chemical processes to get busy using the stored chlorophyll up until totally dehydrated and void of life. She will work very hard to keep her buds alive and push more oils out too. Dry trimming is a pain but we'll worth the taste and potency.
That’s interesting hanging the plant with the root ball I never thought of that and I just finished my Rockwell grow successfully best to date cannibus grow for me I believe i got the most out of the Genetics and I clone and currently in veg with new batch for 30 days+ now in 3 gallons the last cultivar i harvested Squirt is so good no cure needed I’m currently curing temps average 60-69 degrees Fahrenheit and the jars are anywhere from 58 to 65 humidity but this squirt cultivar best shit smoken for me right now only been cure for about 10 day. alright So drying the whole plant with out cutting it down has me interested I moved back into organic and organic dry amendment so to dry the plants out instead of chopping it down i’m guessing I would try to wash away all the organic debris and save as much of the roots as possible and then hang the plants upside down? What your process I can totally understand the science behind The plant working hard to keep her buds alive and slowly dying while the roots dry out and the plant dries out without ever cutting it down and allowing her to stay alive longer and keep her moisture slow drying process down in the process she will produce more oil’s effecting taste, Quality, and strength of cannibus as well. Slowing down the dry process will improve your cannibus quality a lot in my experience the longer the better and a steady environment of 60-65 degrees Fahrenheit and humid 55-60 I use 60 degrees Fahrenheit and 60 humidity as standard for dry and for my curing process as I attempt to preserve the terps and flavonoids ect ....

All right I decided to hang all my plants by the whole plant in a room with humidity averaging 60 and temperatures averaging 60°F using humidifier and Air conditioning So I set up a good environment was good airflow none directed towards the plants they dried and I started to buck the buds from the smaller clones At about day 10. On day 12 I began onto bigger plants I have it all jars now and jars are at the same 60°F to 65 and humidity 58-65 I love these little hydrometers that are Bluetooth and I can keep track of all the jars as they fluctuate and I know I achieve the cure zone when I put them in the jars the humidity was so low i was worried that I would have to get the bobada packs or something like that but I just waited it out and fell asleep and woke up and level where rising it took about 24 hours to stabilize and the humidity had risen to the levels that they are right now in between 58 and 65 and I keep them in my 2x4 tent air conditioning at 62 and keep them at 60 all the time but this cannibus Needed no cure as soon as it was dried I pulled off one little leaves that are on my buds and smoked it and it was loud I’m sure it’ll be more flavor after a cure OK getting better with a cure properly stored cannabis Wow without even a cure it tasted like it had been I believe my flush recipe and provided proper nutrient at the proper time during my flowering has had all to do with why things went so well so that’s just the grower so pat on the back definitely my best grow

All right I decided to hang all my plants by the whole plant in a room with humidity averaging 60 and temperatures averaging 60°F using humidifier and Air conditioning So I set up a good environment was good airflow none directed towards the plants they dried and I started to buck the buds from the smaller clones At about day 10. On day 12 I began onto bigger plants I have it all jars now and jars are at the same 60°F to 65 and humidity 58-65 I love these little hydrometers that are Bluetooth and I can keep track of all the jars as they fluctuate and I know I achieve the cure zone when I put them in the jars the humidity was so low i was worried that I would have to get the bobada packs or something like that but I just waited it out and fell asleep and woke up and level where rising it took about 24 hours to stabilize and the humidity had risen to the levels that they are right now in between 58 and 65 and I keep them in my 2x4 tent air conditioning at 62 and keep them at 60 all the time but this cannibus Needed no cure as soon as it was dried I pulled off one little leaves that are on my buds and smoked it and it was loud I’m sure it’ll be more flavor after a cure OK getting better with a cure properly stored cannabis Wow without even a cure it tasted like it had been I believe my flush recipe and provided proper nutrient at the proper time during my flowering has had all to do with why things went so well so that’s just the grower so pat on the back definitely my best grow
brilliant to read mate. we learn by experiences far better. The low and slow , intact and unstressed , feels logical as to her attempt to preserve her life for her buds and genetics survival. Can also feel kind of cruel to prolong her hope of a suitor arriving to germinate her but knowing we would not allow that but keep them like rapunzel in their dark , dank and cool dungeons, until their life is slowly extinguished with only her thc tears for her losses, left of her life... ... lol
still makes grwat weed though.heehee. The curing is less of a need for us with the lower slow but the processes continue within the buds too. The method of "cobbing" proves how far we can exploit the chemical ripening to an even more potent end if conditions for it allow. 3 months in vacuum and in corn husk leaves ,buried below ground will ferment the plants sugars to a narcotic way beyond what we experience normally . .goodnlyck and congratulations on a good result

Back
Top Bottom