Best techniques for drying and curing buds?

Valentino92zg

Hello

Im interested in best techniques for drying,what condictions to apply for drying,as it comes to humidity,its winter in my Country now so because of heating the air in my place is dry,I cant get humidity pass 40,50 % Rh. Temps are not the issue but dont know what are the best temps in place of drying.

When it comes to curing I believe its the best way to do it in glass jars,closed jars and open them for half an hour once every day.. is that right?

I'd be tempted to use a bucket to dry and cure your harvest. Ttere's a design on the forum that connects a humidity controller to an aquarium air pump to 'burp' the bucket whenever the humidity is too high.

I'd be tempted to use a bucket to dry and cure your harvest. Ttere's a design on the forum that connects a humidity controller to an aquarium air pump to 'burp' the bucket whenever the humidity is too high.

I get it thanks,but i believe ill strugle more with too low humidity, so Im afraid that buds dont dry too quick.

Hello

Im interested in best techniques for drying what conditions to apply for drying, as it comes to humidity,its winter in my Country now so because of heating the air in my place is dry,I cant get humidity pass 40,50 % Rh. Temps are not the issue but dont know what are the best temps in place of drying.

When it comes to curing I believe its the best way to do it in glass jars,closed jars and open them for half an hour once every day.. is that right?

Its also winter here, and I have forced hot air for heat. It gets down to 30% RH in my space. I dry my buds in a tent. The tent is humidity controlled. I keep the humidity at 50-55% with constant air circulation in the tent. Temperture in the tent stays at 72F.

For burping, I put them in glass jars and seal them. For 7 days, I burp the jars every 12 hours (once the morning, once at night). Then I leave them shut for 2 weeks. Then I smoke it all.

Its also winter here, and I have forced hot air for heat. It gets down to 30% RH in my space. I dry my buds in a tent. The tent is humidity controlled. I keep the humidity at 50-55% with constant air circulation in the tent. Temperture in the tent stays at 72F.

For burping, I put them in glass jars and seal them. For 7 days, I burp the jars every 12 hours (once the morning, once at night). Then I leave them shut for 2 weeks. Then I smoke it all.

Hahah nice said on curing :)
Yeah tent is the best solution,but the problem is when I cut this one down another is waithing in veging to go into flower, so my tent is going too be ocupied all the time :p

With the low humidity, a fan will dry the outside of the buds too fast, and leave the inside wet. If you want to use one, you'll need to add a humidifier. Cardboard boxes have been used in the place of tents. Some folks are putting their harvest into paper bags in the refrigerator. I can't remember is if thes is for drying, or curing. They call it low and slow. Here's the link to a thread.

With the low humidity, a fan will dry the outside of the buds too fast, and leave the inside wet. If you want to use one, you'll need to add a humidifier. Cardboard boxes have been used in the place of tents. Some folks are putting their harvest into paper bags in the refrigerator. I can't remember is if thes is for drying, or curing. They call it low and slow. Here's the link to a thread.

So if I get it right if the humidity is low its better not to add the fan, if I not add fan and the humidity is about 35-45 maybe 50 is it going to be ok or is it still going to dry fast outside and slow inside?

have a cardboard wardrobe box i use as a drying space when necessary. one tip is to line them with plastic. the cardboard acts as a desiccant, if you are already rh challenged then a plastic liner makes a lot of difference.

also i dry in winter at rh 30% and lower. if you don't use a fan and only hang 3 days it works fine. the jar cure will be a bit longer, and you will lose some terpenes over a slower dry, but unless you know what the difference is you'd never notice.

i don't use a fan in the drying space under those conditions. only when rh climbs to point i can do a 5 day or longer hang.

have a cardboard wardrobe box i use as a drying space when necessary. one tip is to line them with plastic. the cardboard acts as a desiccant, if you are already rh challenged then a plastic liner makes a lot of difference.

also i dry in winter at rh 30% and lower. if you don't use a fan and only hang 3 days it works fine. the jar cure will be a bit longer, and you will lose some terpenes over a slower dry, but unless you know what the difference is you'd never notice.

i don't use a fan in the drying space under those conditions. only when rh climbs to point i can do a 5 day or longer cure.

Nicely explained thank you very much :)

I have set up a drying box (plastic lined) and it's consistently at 35% rh.
I also have low temps 45-55f.
Am I right in thinking with the lower temps even at low Rh I should get a pretty slow even dry?

Yes, simply because air can hold less water at the lower temperatures. Every 10°C / 18°F the amount of water the air can hold doubles.

Opinions vary on Wet and Dry curing. Try leaving the plant in the planter, cut off all the sugar leaves (lollypopping). Try not to molest the buds as much as possible. The buds have fresh sticky trichomes that contain THC and molesting them can leave them on your gloves and not in your pipe.

Once lollypopped cut the plant and hang it in your tent with fans running (no lights).

If it's ginormous you may need to chop it into pieces and hang strings so you can layer it.

That's cool a compromise between wet and dry curing.

Google wet and dry weed curing to consider alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom