What to do with a Hermie?

Deftera420

Hello, it's my first grow and so my first experience of a Hermie plant.

I'm currently coming up to week 3 of the flowering lights cycle period, bud production came pretty quickly within the first week and all plants had been confirmed to be female, Sex of all 10 plants were showing very good signs of female at the 8 week mark of veg so I had predicted good things, I did not count on this happening but I'm greatful that I have been able to spot it early.

Since spotting it yesterday at lights on, I've been pulling nanners off of it pretty much hourly till the end of the 12 hour cycle, I moved it away from my other girls and out of the way of any fans, but now I'm done picking nuts of my girl / dude plant and want to pull it out completely taking risk of other plants being pollinated away, I could chop it up and make edibles (once I've read up on it), or put it in my spare room with a heater and let it grow out, keep pulling the nanners off and see what happens, maybe get some seeds and more plant matter to make edibles... would those seeds even be any good? The strain is Dr Krippling's The Incredible bulk - feminized.

Any suggestions are welcome, just hate the idea of this plant it going to waste in any way, over 12 weeks from seed :(

Those aren’t nanners they are male flowers. A true hermaphrodite. Nanners are controllable but I’ve never had any luck controlling a real hermie that has male flowers - I just kill them on sight. Good luck.

yeah thats a true herm. ive grown dr kriplling bulk many times and have experienced herms. its the nature of feminized seeds, some are more stable than others. its going to ruin your grow if you keep it. just cull it.
Thanks for the input bud, bonus to hear from someone who's grown the same strain. I had read a little about genetics a while back and remember feminized seeds being created with some sort of hermie, it's offspring were susceptible to hermie until bred out through however many generations. I'd love to blame genetics but I have stressed them out more than a bunch of times so bit of both maybe.

i have some good images of bulk in my journals if you want to have a look.
Thanks buddy, I did have a few attempts at finding said images, but you have some amount to sift through lol, noticed at a glance your first stuff was in 2009 so you got a fair bit of experience there mate.. You gonna have to point me in the right direction for the pics though.

Back
Top Bottom