When does "smell" become noticable?

malonepgh

I've got 8 plants in a closet, and 1 fan. There not big,maybe 5 in., but they seem to be getting wide, and I swear I can smell weed when I open the closet. What cheap way can I get rid of the smell? Thx

Hey you have the same problem as me they are small but yet when i open my closet door you can smell them, and occasionally the smell leaks out... if you get any help on this let me know cause i need it as well..

whats an ONA block? i know huh sooner or later im gonna have to buy a carbon filter.. or unless someone on here knows and has made a homemade one and can guide us through the process?? thanks McBudz

Odor Neutralizing Agent. Just about every hydro shop sells it.

Take the ona odor block out of the container and place in the area where odors lurk. The duration of the ona odor block will vary from 15-30 days relative to the airflow around the block and the ambient temperature. To reduce the strength of the block, poke holes in the cover and replace on the container. This will also prolong the life of the block.

The ONA Block is ideal for small areas such as closets, foyers, attics, cars, gym bags, boats, kitchens, garbage cans, cupboards or vents. Simply remove the cap, or punch several small holes in the cap and place in desired location. The ONA Block measures 3" x 3" and will fit in most places.

The ONA Block will release its powerful odor neutralizing agent and keep the location free from undesirable odors. Replace as necessary.
Available in two popular scents: Fresh Linen, Polar Crystal

I use in my spare room where my tent is to pick up any stray sent coming from the veg/cloning area and I do the poked holes in the lid thing and keep one in my truck as an air freshner. Works great. Can't tell I've lit up in my truck.

Excellent thats just what i need because for example im sitting on my bed right now in my room and the closet is about 3 feet away from my bed and i can smell it as i type but im glad you let me know about it because i really need it asap! even my girlfriend noticed it she knows im growing so shes cool with it but still wouldnt want company to come over and smell it or reek the house so this is one investment that i have to make, and one of my favorite scents is linen so thats a must! thanks Mc Budz again you came in the rescue just in time so now im gonna call my local hydro expo store and get that bad boy!

malonepgh thanks for the help! and Mc Budz i looked around for Odor Neutralizing Agent's and found some cheap ones online at amazon for like 8-10 bucks, i might get one temp.. but i also did look into carbon filters and i also found some cheap ones on ebay! thanks!

ok so i went out and bought this lil bad boy seems to be working like a charm so far and it smells so good! thanks so Mc Budz for helping with this..

ona.JPG

I found something cheap, effective, and right in your local stores. Have you seen those commercials for that time released spray stuff, guess what, it's the same chem as that oder killer you pay through the nose for at the grow shop, and it's cheap. Just put in the batteries, and the replaceable can, set it for how many times an hour, (the riper the plants, the more times to spray) and walk away. You can get more than a grow out of one can. I can't remember what it's called, but it's not a perfume, just an eliminator.

I found something cheap, effective, and right in your local stores. Have you seen those commercials for that time released spray stuff, guess what, it's the same chem as that oder killer you pay through the nose for at the grow shop, and it's cheap. Just put in the batteries, and the replaceable can, set it for how many times an hour, (the riper the plants, the more times to spray) and walk away. You can get more than a grow out of one can. I can't remember what it's called, but it's not a perfume, just an eliminator.

ozium?

yeah i know what you mean they spray every hour or how ever you set it up but you have to buy the spray can and then that lil device so its twice the dough, the ona only cost me 8 bucks at hydro store and smells so sanitary, kinda smells like when you walk into a clean restroom at the hospital lol. plus i like this ona stuff its strong enough to keep the smell away and the smell doesnt annoy either

I have tried the ONA block, but my grow room still has a hint of skunkiness mixed in. Occasionally when outside you get a whiff of the combo smell and, maybe my paranoia of growing, I can tell there is a cover smell trying to mask the true culprit. It definitely works but not 100% in my case. My biggest concern is that this early in the grow it smells this bad already so I am looking for a surefire way of odor elimination without spending my whole paycheck.

Trying to cover the smell of skunk is like standing on the beach and trying to hold the tide back with a broom. Carbon scrubber is the way to go, Brother!

Back
Top Bottom