Help! Always A Stank! Dual/Serial Inline Charcoal Filters For Smell?

CharlieWaffles

No matter the arrangement of my 6” charcoal filter and fan combo, I still have way too much smell during flower. I see others post all the time about how they grow in their house and for me personally I cannot even imagine what it must smell like in there. It doesn’t seem to matter for me what arrangement I make I still have plenty of dank stench when my plants are in flower. Through a lot of trial and error I have managed to get it reduced significantly but it never disappears. Has anyone tried hooking up two 6 inch charcoal filters in-line together to try and reduce the smell? Does anybody have any other ideas for getting rid of 95% of the smell or more? I am completely open to suggestions. I personally grow in my shed and before you even open the door you can smell the weed when it’s in flower.

Help :ganjamon:

Hey whats up Charlie?

I don’t run extraction or a carbon filter but during last 4 weeks of flowering I do scent masking with small fan aimed at shallow pan of Pinesol pine cleaner. My grow is in basement but I blast pine scent from my attic vents so it fills up the area around my home. Another trick is to scatter a small handful of laundry fresh scent pellets at strategic areas of the yard and refresh them every few days or after a rain.

there’s a scent masking product called Ona gel that works well but just be careful and don’t put any scented items near your intake system or in close proximity to the weed plants or buds hanging to dry etc, etc. because your plant or buds can pickup the scent from proximity exposure

hopefully others who run extraction and filtration systems will drop more intel….

Hi Charlie - I have to keep my place 100% totally smell free which is not always possible, admittedly
I've tried hooking up two filters, didn't make a sod of difference

Couple of things - I now only use Rhino Pro filters; replaced regularly
My extractor is twice as powerful as recommended for my space, negative pressure at all times
I also use a stand-alone carbon/HEPA air filter in the room
An ionizer will also help - not a lot, but it does help

Masking the smell with other stuff does not work, you can just smell both; or worse, someone notices your shed smells like a tart's handbag and knows you got something to hide

Hey whats up Charlie?

I don’t run extraction or a carbon filter but during last 4 weeks of flowering I do scent masking with small fan aimed at shallow pan of Pinesol pine cleaner. My grow is in basement but I blast pine scent from my attic vents so it fills up the area around my home. Another trick is to scatter a small handful of laundry fresh scent pellets at strategic areas of the yard and refresh them every few days or after a rain.

there’s a scent masking product called Ona gel that works well but just be careful and don’t put any scented items near your intake system or in close proximity to the weed plants or buds hanging to dry etc, etc. because your plant or buds can pickup the scent from proximity exposure

hopefully others who run extraction and filtration systems will drop more intel….
Cool thanks. Definitely going to try out the pinesol trick!

Hi Charlie - I have to keep my place 100% totally smell free which is not always possible, admittedly
I've tried hooking up two filters, didn't make a sod of difference

Couple of things - I now only use Rhino Pro filters; replaced regularly
My extractor is twice as powerful as recommended for my space, negative pressure at all times
I also use a stand-alone carbon/HEPA air filter in the room
An ionizer will also help - not a lot, but it does help

Masking the smell with other stuff does not work, you can just smell both; or worse, someone notices your shed smells like a tart's handbag and knows you got something to hide
Thanks Roy! Definitely going to check out these filters!

You want to reduce the odder with more air flow, filters, and gel odor eliminators help. Completely removing the odor is near impossible. You can use misdirection. You need a reason for the smell. Growing mowi smells like mango so in flower I gave my neighbors home made mango wine. Piney, I turn on tools in my work shop and so on.

Great grandma made brandy during prohibition. Buying large amounts of sugar. The smell of yeast and fruit were all red flags. Disposing of the mash was hard to hide. She cooked the mash down into jelly, made fruit juice and home made bread. She would then give it to the neighbors, police department and fire department. You can't hide a pet zebra but you can make it look like a hoarse.

Buy big quality filters and don't use regular tap water for your humidifier.

Set two in push pull and one in the bottom of the tent. Three filters total. It removes almost everything but being able to exhaust the air outside of the house do more than any carbon filter.

Back
Top Bottom