Which of these LED light set ups would you choose?

Which mars hydro light set up for a 4'x2' tent

• 3 100x3w old model mars hydros w/ 450w actual draw

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • 1 192x3w reflector mars hydro w/ 350w draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
agree site is clumsy.

They are a sponsor here. It would be reassuring if they got with it and showed some alacrity. They do show on their site that the lamp draws something like 540 flowering, 270 veg. The price is around $550 last time i checked.

Fwiw an excellent, confidence inspiring web site is not a reliable guide to quality. When i bought my lamp on ebay the vendor had a few thousand positives and not a single neg. That vendor was the ebay side of Mars.

Not sure what you mean by "lack of sellers" they sell direct as does mars.

agree site is clumsy.

They are a sponsor here. It would be reassuring if they got with it and showed some alacrity. They do show on their site that the lamp draws something like 540 flowering, 270 veg. The price is around $550 last time i checked.

Fwiw an excellent, confidence inspiring web site is not a reliable guide to quality. When i bought my lamp on ebay the vendor had a few thousand positives and not a single neg. That vendor was the ebay side of Mars.

Not sure what you mean by "lack of sellers" they sell direct as does mars.
Oh lol thats waaaaay out of my price range anyways :p

I dont base everything off just how well set up the website is, but I'm much more likely to only do limited research on a website that is clunky vs one that is smoother I'm more likely to check out more light set ups. I still check out the stats of the clunky websites products, I just move on much faster when unimpressed.

By lack of sellers i mean I can buy a mars hydro on Ebay, Amazon, Mars hydro, and east coast hydro from the first 4 or 5 pages of google and I don't see people selling eshines the first 4 pages other than eshine. Hell man, maybe I'm totally wrong about those lights and maybe there's a ton of sellers I'm missing, but they're out of my price range by far anyways so for now it's just a moot point anyways :p

Hey Guys

I have a 4x2.5 foot flower space and recently made the switch to a Led 96x3w reflector.My first 2 grows with it were tiny using only a 3x2 section of it but this current one is a jungle filling every inch.This time I could see the lack of coverage it was suppose to hit in the 4 foot part.I have 4 house cfls on each end to help on that useing close to 150 more watts on top of the 170w people say my led pulls. My veg space is about same size but shorter and I have a 4' 4 bulb T5 at 54 watts a bulb using 200+ watts. Anyways I am planning to get 2 more of them reflectors to try 2 in the flower space and one for vegging using the same watts as now about. I dont have much $ and am pleased with my light so far and have to upgrade with what has worked for me and affordable.
0101119.JPG

4 different strains and 6 plants crammed in there. I guess it would be possible if I got them:) to hang all 3 and and be close to the strength of that eshine light you guys are talking about,probably would get that one instead if I could:dreamy:

Hey Guys

I have a 4x2.5 foot flower space and recently made the switch to a Led 96x3w reflector.My first 2 grows with it were tiny using only a 3x2 section of it but this current one is a jungle filling every inch.This time I could see the lack of coverage it was suppose to hit in the 4 foot part.I have 4 house cfls on each end to help on that useing close to 150 more watts on top of the 170w people say my led pulls. My veg space is about same size but shorter and I have a 4' 4 bulb T5 at 54 watts a bulb using 200+ watts. Anyways I am planning to get 2 more of them reflectors to try 2 in the flower space and one for vegging using the same watts as now about. I dont have much $ and am pleased with my light so far and have to upgrade with what has worked for me and affordable.

Thanks!

That's exactly what I'm talking about. With two panels, you can cover the entire 4 feet.

I know this is the lights forum but I havent got much help on the grow room one.

Would
51TZt51NGjL_SL1000_.jpg
be a good fan for this area

or would I be better going with a 4" ventech

1666931801908.png

Or is there a better fan i could get for $70-$80 tops to put on my 200cfm phresh in the 4x2x5' tent. Stealth is preferred but I can make a muffler for it if need be

I just put up a 2x4 tent to experiment with. I bought (4) 48x3w reflectors for it. Using 2 for Veg and turning all 4 at full power for Bloom........ apprx 42w per square foot

Don't let the money throw you off track. You do get what you pay for. I'm not going to say what kind of light to buy, because I don't know one from the other, but mine cost me a small bundle just to build. Just keep in mind sometimes you do get what you pay for. Cover everything edge to edge, and keep in mind that some money spent today should be spread out over the life of the unit or units you buy.
My best advice here is save your money and get the best light you can, that way you won't look back and say "I wish I would have".
In my opinion, I would not buy any light that does not have secondary optics, other than that it's up to you. spend well today, be happy tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom