Real power consumption of Mars led grow lights

tonydavis

I'm planing to buy a Mars led light, but I found some mismatching data on the REAL power consumption of these light panels.
So, now I'm asking growers, who use Mars lights:

Does anyone have a photo with a watt meter using Mars II 900 W (180 x 5 W) panel, showing the actual draw.

I'd be interested in the real power draw of their new 192 x 5 W Reflector.

I'm planing to buy a Mars led light, but I found some mismatching data on the REAL power consumption of these light panels.

Does anyone have a photo with a watt meter using Mars II 900 W (180 x 5 W) panel, showing the actual draw.

My Mars 900 draws right around 450. I think Dennise did a power reading on her Reflectors and it is posted here I think too if you look back a bunch of pages. :peace:

Thanks for the info!
What area do you cover with your Mars 900? Can I cover 4 x 4 ' sufficiently? I plan to have 9 plants on 4 x 4' area. do you think Mars 900 would be enough?
do you use any additional light?

Thanks for the info!
What area do you cover with your Mars 900? Can I cover 4 x 4 ' sufficiently? I plan to have 9 plants on 4 x 4' area. do you think Mars 900 would be enough?
do you use any additional light?

My tent is 3'3"x3'3"x6'. It covers it perfectly. The 1200 might be a little better for a 4x4 if you can swing it. You want 35-50 watts / sqft. My 900 gives me 45. A 900 would give you 28 w/sqft. a 1200 would give you 37.5 w/sqft :peace:

Think I'm coming closer.... So these nominal output power numbers mean nothing, they are just for the show... What is the reference for them? How do you actually measure it? No way.
What I really need to check is the actual power draw. Mars 900's actual power draw is 450 W, so this is the real output also, right?? Single thing we might say, that this Mars 900 is as effect as a 900 w hps? But for half actual draw and cost! That matters! Am I right?

Any experience on penetration? Can you grow 1 meter high plants with Mars900 without any additional lights on the vertical sides?

Have you ever tried to check the lumen output of your Mars light?

Think I'm coming closer.... So these nominal output power numbers mean nothing, they are just for the show... What is the reference for them? How do you actually measure it? No way.
What I really need to check is the actual power draw. Mars 900's actual power draw is 450 W, so this is the real output also, right?? Single thing we might say, that this Mars 900 is as effect as a 900 w hps? But for half actual draw and cost! That matters! Am I right?

Any experience on penetration? Can you grow 1 meter high plants with Mars900 without any additional lights on the vertical sides?

Have you ever tried to check the lumen output of your Mars light?

Most LED company's rate the light as the number of lights x wattage of the light. They are never run at full. The are run at about 1/2 power. So the 900 has 180 5w leds that run at about 2.5w each.

I find the penetration to be fine. I do defol my girls periodically to get the light as far in as possible. I do not have any extra side lighting. Look at some of the grows in my sig. My Blue Blood is a BUSH!!! :peace:

I have the MH Reflector 144x5w model. After a few days of break in, it is pulling 342 watts from the wall.

High tonydavis, the 192x5w light is around 415w at 110v and around 402w at 220v :circle-of-love: Which country you live? This light may not be available except for EU though. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom