Mars-Hydro description of their lights

check the pic pls. and others tell me if there is really difference about ducting ending at top or at bottom
As long as your fan is drawing from the top it doesn't matter where you exhaust it, as long as it's out side the grow room. It looks as though you need at least a passive intake at the bottom allowing cooler fresh air in to make up for the hot air you are taking out. Hope this helps.

So I made it like half way through the first page and all I hear is buyers remorse. I've you had actually read anything on this forum you would know that no LED advertisement is free of pufferyt, thoselights will grow plants and that quantum boards exist. Research research research. Or be prepared for expensive or time consuming mistakes

If you just received the light your plants should be small enough to survive in a window sill till you get a replacement. What if it was DOA or slow to arrive from China? Would your grow still be screwed? Unless you bought your light after you started growing the plants.....

Yes. I'm wondering if 420mag staff should insist to its light sponsors that they only advertise watts at the wall for their lights. This issue is arising so often, it should be dealt with. It's dishonest.

That's a great idea, in theory. But you cannot just implement such a change midway through a contractual agreement. And each sponsor's contract can be assumed to last for a year - but these agreements were entered into at different times.

So, at best (assuming that the majority of sponsors agree to this thing and renew), you end up with the various sponsors changing things at different times. And... either you feel that this stuff is meaningless, in which case the hassle is also pointless and not productive, or you feel that it IS significant, able to influence newbies and others who just aren't paying attention - which would seem to mean that, logically, telling sponsor A to make the change months before you require sponsor B to do so... might constitute an unfair disadvantage to sponsor A.

And lawyers love situations like that, lol, because they know they'll have plenty of paid work ahead.

Speaking of lawyers, what are you supposed to tell the other side's when he/she comes up with an argument like "You also have cannabis seed suppliers as paying sponsors/advertisers, and if you're serious about all this 'truth in advertising' sh!t, you should really start by taking a pair of virtual scissors - or a virtual f*cking blowtorch - to their ad copy / product descriptions," hmm?

So, yeah, slippery slope... kind of thing :rolleyes: .

But look on the bright side. Take just a moment and ask yourself why discussions like this one (the OP's original post, I mean, not my rambling) are allowed to take place. Obviously it's not just ONE reason. But part of it is surely meant to be a balance for all sponsors' statements/claims/etc.

That might not be the issue at hand here, anyway. The claim isn't the usual one of a seller advertising a "1600w light" when it's actually not a 1,600-watt device; the OP appears to understand that part just fine. It's that the *actual wattage* specification is incorrect. And if this claim is true... Personally, I find it troubling that this thing has not been corrected on the company's website. Why? Because I've followed the sponsor's main thread off and on for years, and I'm pretty sure that I've occasionally seen mention of a thing not being on the website yet, but that they'd "get right on that" (to paraphrase) - and then checking the website only a few minutes later showed that the change being discussed was done, and quickly so.

I mean it's not like publishing a hardcopy book, lol. There's no "yeah, it'll be in next year's revision" issue on the Internet. So kind of troubling, yeah.

Is there actually a direct co-relation to watts at the wall and the quality and plant useability of light produced?

Well, that's sort of a "yes and no" question, IMHO. No, not when that specification - and that specific product - is considered all by itself. And not especially so when one attempts to use it to compare products from different manufacturers, ones that, perhaps, use different technologies. But if a company offers multiple products that share the same technology/etc., then it kind of does, yes.

You'll eventually reach a point of diminishing returns, where each amount of additional power in provides less and less additional power out, so to speak. And, if you continue, you'll eventually hit the wall - additional light-energy doesn't bring faster/more growth. However, in a setup where the light-energy is the limiting factor in the grow, you can generalize that turning up the wick will provide results.

On one hand I can hook up a 500 watt floodlight that wont grow a rock.

Okay, so in your opinion what type of light is capable of growing a rock, lol? (And WtF do you feed them? ;) )

I've had issues with Mars buying there sp250. I bought 3, preordered.

Heat issues. Cable length issues.

I had to rewire and remove drivers from the light.

I also got a tent from them. It was shipped with the box in shambles. I set tent up and cuts and holes in many sides.

I was and am not a happy customer.

I have decided to not shop with Mars hydro again in the future when I have light,tent ect needs.

I've had issues with Mars buying there sp250. I bought 3, preordered.

Heat issues. Cable length issues.

I had to rewire and remove drivers from the light.

I also got a tent from them. It was shipped with the box in shambles. I set tent up and cuts and holes in many sides.

I was and am not a happy customer.

I have decided to not shop with Mars hydro again in the future when I have light,tent ect needs.
Was thinking of getting so-250 how much heat do they kick off ?

After removing the drivers and placing them outside of the tent the lights are really good.
Heat in tent with drivers in and 2 lights running I was hitting 29 celcious. Mind you this is the middle of winter.

Now I'm running 3x lights at 25 celcious. Drivers outside tent

Also Mars did supply the cable I needed to add extra wire length.

I would hope after the feedback they got on these lights that the extended the cable to place drivers outside tent.

Tent I got I only have issue with.

I didnt return anything. Thata on me, I made the lights work and patched the tent all up. Just no more business will be given to Mars from me.

I updated last post about exact heat temps.

It produced good bud. Plants went through hell for 10 days dealing with these lights but recovered well

2nd grow is going much better

Attachments

• 20190504_182847.jpg
    20190504_182847.jpg
    707.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 20190504_182855.jpg
    20190504_182855.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 214
Yes I beleive so. It's exactly when they looked so sad. But as I said. Now with no drivers in tent and now day 10 of flower running x3 sp 250 it is going much much better

**added pics*** lol I thought I did before but I'm high

I think it matters where you exhaust. If you are exhausting in the same room it would be counter productive to place the output near the passive intake vents. This works to keep the heat in during the winter but you'd be recirculating your hot exhaust during the rest of the year.

yeah big fricking correlation between watts and par/ppfd and what kind of plants you can grow, ffs

hey hdman not sure I am getting your message the ffs at the end is confusing

are you saying the correlation is significant and obvious and only a total noob wouldn't know that???
or
are you saying there isn't a co-relation?

this will give you an idea of the standard set up for a grow tent or stand alone room.

intake at the bottom for colder fresh air. exhaust at top for warm air and odor control. keep the filter at the top of the tent / room. the intake can be passive and the intake fan is optional.

if you run hot lighting ballasts or drivers place them outside the room. most led/cob/quantum won't warrant external drivers.

run at least one fan in the room for air circulation in and around the plants. it doesn't need to be hurricane force, but you should feel it through the plants.

every decent space out there is essentially a copy of the diagram, with minor modifications.

cannabis-growing-rooms1-1024x718.jpg

Great schematic. Would there be better air circulation inside the tent if the passive intake was on the opposite side ? Im thinking more time to mix because it has farther to travel.

Back
Top Bottom