Mars-Hydro description of their lights

JelitoKopito

Hi, so I recently bought mars hydro pro II 320 1600w (I know its not 1600w)

Also I have socket that counts energy output and even when on mars-hydro page they advertise Draw Power:110V: 740W±5% 220V: 721W±5%
Real draw power is 540w. I tried it right after first turn on of led light so there couldnt be any problem by me.

So I asked their company. After they told me that there must be something wrong with my light I told them to send me picture of theirs real draw power which shows 740w.

After that you will be suprise what they replied:

Because we have adjusted the spectrum of this lamp, in order to make plants more conducive to the flowering of plants, and the light efficiency is maintained at the same level as before, this actually helps you to save more electricity. But the information on our website didn't have time to change in time, I am very sorry.

Best regards!

since they bullshit me before I dont really trust their words saying that this save me electricity and have same efficiency as advertised.

But the information on our website didn't have time to change in time, I am very sorry.

Apparently, the information on their website still... doesn't have time... to change... in time.

Man, that's painful Chinglish. I almost wish you'd posted it in Mandarin. It'd only be a little less comprehensible :rolleyes: .

Anyway... So you returned the product and received a 100% refund due to the fact that it was not as advertised, right? Or...?

Aside from that, why is it that every time someone decides to bitch and moan about a business, they feel the need to create a brand new account to do it with? I've certainly done my share of griping over the years (and your share, and his share, and her share, and...). Yet I'm still using the same account that I created ten years ago. I don't get it:hmmmm:.

Valid (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here) complaints about businesses in the cannabis industry should be read/heard, and this is especially true of forum sponsors. But, see, the problem is, that when such a complaint comes from a "one-post wonder," people will naturally have doubts about whether it is a valid complaint, or merely the words of someone who is p!ssed off at the company in question and, therefore, wishing to do it harm. On the other hand, if you had been a member here for a few years, a couple months, or... more than ten minutes prior to posting your complaint, it would tend to give you more credibility. Or, at the least, serve to make you seem a bit less "un-credible," so to speak.

I'm just saying. . . .

No, this is they last message from them. I didnt even reply after they told me this, also I need that led light for my current flowers. So I cannot return it, and I dont think they are willing to. This is my first post on this forum so I had to make new account to share my experience with this brand.

Okay, cool.

So the product isn't as advertised, but it's still a decent one, except for that? Yeah, I can understand the frustration. Especially if you bought based on those advertised specifications and then later learned they were... not firmly connected to reality. If you wanted to return the product, you could probably make a case for a full refund (again, assuming what you've posted is accurate). But in order to pursue that, you'd have to obtain some kind of light - and in a hurry. Or "cancel" your current grow, move the plants to an outdoor location, find temporary space in someone else's garden, etc.

I've been saying for years that everyone who grows cannabis with an artificial light source should have an alternate one available for emergencies. Your situation isn't one of the things I was envisioning, but if you had one, it'd give you more options. Or make some of your options more palatable, however you want to look at it.

The good news is that the product you have seems to have a decent reputation, so there's no reason to think that you won't have a reasonable harvest, assuming everything else is good. And assuming that the incorrect specifications didn't cause you to inadvertently choose a grow space that is too large for the light.

well I read forum here for growing tips but never needed to post something until now

In that case, welcome to 420Magazine.com, and I'm glad that you have chosen to become a member and begin posting. I would have wished that it wasn't a problem that caused you to do so, lol, but life's like that sometimes, I suppose. I hope that you find other reasons to post in the future now that you've got that handy forum account ;) .

Good luck with your grow!

well yea its decent except the fact they lied about wattage and led producing a lot of heat and ofcourse price. I paid 660usd for this I think. When I was deciding what led light to buy I read that there are many cheaper brands or no-brands chips than mars hydro and works the same. Now I believe it.

Sadly one day after I ordered this. I found out that quantum board exist.

And assuming that the incorrect specifications didn't cause you to inadvertently choose a grow space that is too large for the light.

I wanted to ask someone about this. My grow room is like 1m wide 4m long and 3m tall
is that too much for this light? and also I somewhere read that there shouldnt be much space above light and I have there like 1.5m free space above light.

Mars Pro II Epistar 320
CoverageFlowering: 4.5ft*4.5ft, Veg: 6.5ft*6.5ft
Compare to HPS/MH/HID800watt
Draw power110V:Growth:350W±5%|Bloom:740W±5% 220V:Growth345W±5%|Bloom:721W±5%
Hanging Distancegermination 24"-30" Growth:16"-24" flowering:12"-16"
Spectrum440nm, 460nm, 630nm ,660nm,730nm, 2700k-3000k
VoltageInput voltage : 85v - 265v Amperage: 4.7 @ 120v | 2.4 @ 240v
Amps6.4A/120v 3.2A/240v
BTU1883
Decibel Value61.4DB
Plug TypeUSA,EU,UK,AU,Japan
View Angle of LED100°
Lifespan50,000hours
Dimension23" x 22" x 4" (59cm x 57cm x 10cm)
Work Temperature-4°F ~105°F (-20°C ~ 40°C)
N.W/G.W16.5 kg / 17kg

• Coverage: Flowering: 4.5ft*4.5ft, Veg: 6.5ft*6.5ft
  • Max Yield: 2.0g/watt
  • PPF: 1121.7umol/m2/s
  • Replace HID/MH: 800W
  • Draw Power:110V: 740W±5% 220V: 721W±5%

I remove heat from my leds with an extraction fan, so it is possible to remove the heat.
If I turn off my fan of gets 20 degrees hotter in there.

All leds are shining as they should yet draw output is only 570w when it should be around 740w
Daily average is higher cuz I have also fans in this socket but not when I was measuring this.

I wanted to ask someone about this. My grow room is like 1m wide 4m long and 3m tall
is that too much for this light?

Wow, that's... about 43 square feet, so I can pretty much answer that question with a, "Yes," without even stopping to ask which light the question is in regards to. It's also four times as long as it is wide, and that is another potential issue when using ONE light - even if you have a light source that produces enough photons, you'll tend to end up in the situation where you'll be lighting up two opposing walls, insufficiently illuminating the area nearest the other two walls, or possibly both. And that kind of thing cuts into your... "lighting efficiency," or whatever you want to call it.

and also I somewhere read that there shouldnt be much space above light and I have there like 1.5m free space above light.

Do you pay rent by the cubic meter, lol? Otherwise, I don't see the problem. Grow sativas, problem solved :rofl:. LEDs basically shine in one general direction, so as long as you haven't installed the thing upside-down, that device's (light) output is going to be aimed in the general direction of the plants. It shouldn't matter whether there's a reasonable minimum clearance above it or the grow space is in a disused 100-story elevator shaft.

Is it possible that the device you are using to check power consumption is wrong / defective in some way?

Can you test it with say a 100 watt light bulb?
dont think so but I will try other things where I know the draw power and let you know
also tried different wall sockets (or how its called the thing where I plug it) and same result

Back
Top Bottom