Mars-Hydro description of their lights

Great schematic. Would there be better air circulation inside the tent if the passive intake was on the opposite side ? Im thinking more time to mix because it has farther to travel.

it works best if the intake / exhaust are on opposing sides. you can't always get everything in the exact spot you want tho. i've never had a tent, but all the rooms i built are pretty much the same as the diagram.

For the wattaeg problem, we admit we didn't revise the website data in time. In fact our factory have some upgradtion on the lights during 2018, on both Mars II, Reflector, and Mars Pro II, all the chips are now using the new SMD chips.
At the beginning , only Mars Pro II uses this technology, and at that time, technology is not that advanced. So the wattage is made high and cannot save more energy. But now if we can make the light the same light output, while less wattage used, why not? Below is the test report for the Mars Pro II 320 during 2015 and 2018; You can see the wattage is around 100w difference. But the lumen output is higher for the one of 2018. So light efficiency for the light now is higher. We will confirm with the tech department of the current ones and revise our data on website accordingly. Peace!

it works best if the intake / exhaust are on opposing sides. you can't always get everything in the exact spot you want tho. i've never had a tent, but all the rooms i built are pretty much the same as the diagram.

Yes I agree. That sketch is a great starting point for any grow space design. Thanks for posting it

this will give you an idea of the standard set up for a grow tent or stand alone room.

intake at the bottom for colder fresh air. exhaust at top for warm air and odor control. keep the filter at the top of the tent / room. the intake can be passive and the intake fan is optional.

if you run hot lighting ballasts or drivers place them outside the room. most led/cob/quantum won't warrant external drivers.

run at least one fan in the room for air circulation in and around the plants. it doesn't need to be hurricane force, but you should feel it through the plants.

every decent space out there is essentially a copy of the diagram, with minor modifications.

cannabis-growing-rooms1-1024x718.jpg
That’s how my room is set up

since they bullshit me before I dont really trust their words

“There's an old saying in Tennessee.
I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says,
Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me...
You can't get fooled again!'”

George W Bush.
President
United States of America

Hey, that guy wasn't as dumb as people thought. In TX, people's previous convictions are linked to their driver's license number - and in Texas, as is the case in many states, ONE DL number is all you get.

So when he became President, one of the first things he did was to arrange to receive a new driver's license number from the state of Texas. <BAM!> no more past cocaine conviction showing up every time someone got curious enough to run his number.

He's probably at least half as intelligent as Bill Clinton (who actually won a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford University - but never managed to bilk people out of their money running around wildcatting and digging empty oil well holes, lol).

So I made it like half way through the first page and all I hear is buyers remorse. I've you had actually read anything on this forum you would know that no LED advertisement is free of pufferyt, thoselights will grow plants and that quantum boards exist. Research research research. Or be prepared for expensive or time consuming mistakes

If you just received the light your plants should be small enough to survive in a window sill till you get a replacement. What if it was DOA or slow to arrive from China? Would your grow still be screwed? Unless you bought your light after you started growing the plants.....
I dont have tent either but have it almost same. Just dont have squered room so I have input on left bottom and output on right

For the wattaeg problem, we admit we didn't revise the website data in time. In fact our factory have some upgradtion on the lights during 2018, on both Mars II, Reflector, and Mars Pro II, all the chips are now using the new SMD chips.
At the beginning , only Mars Pro II uses this technology, and at that time, technology is not that advanced. So the wattage is made high and cannot save more energy. But now if we can make the light the same light output, while less wattage used, why not? Below is the test report for the Mars Pro II 320 during 2015 and 2018; You can see the wattage is around 100w difference. But the lumen output is higher for the one of 2018. So light efficiency for the light now is higher. We will confirm with the tech department of the current ones and revise our data on website accordingly. Peace!

well Im glad that you atleast replied with some normal answer.

But due to fact that you havent revised your website..... I checked it many times during last 2-3 months and nothing changed and it could be there since 2018. So have many people have fallen for this incorrect description? As a factory thats a serious problem I think.

Its like buying iphone 8+ online and getting iphone 8

Hi @SmokeSara glad you stopped by.

Here in Ontario Canada where a 4 plant grow is legal there are lots of new growers shopping for essential grow space parts.

Can you, and everyone else, share your thoughts on what specifications to assess to ensure good quality light production? People have mentioned some terms but I have no idea what they mean or how to use that to assess a light.

Is that the one who couldn’t figure out how to operate a joint?

No, it's the one that looked around at the populace calculated the IQ of a mob mentality (which is effectively zero), shrugged, and decided that he'd just get people to shake their heads and he'd have nothing to worry about.

I guess he was right ;) .

"Ha ha ha, ho ho ho, yeah, screwed the pooch on that one (err... I didn't mean that in the literal sense, but...), but look at what I'm married to - what would YOU do?" And, yeah, kept on smiling.

Hi @SmokeSara glad you stopped by.

Here in Ontario Canada where a 4 plant grow is legal there are lots of new growers shopping for essential grow space parts.

Can you, and everyone else, share your thoughts on what specifications to assess to ensure good quality light production? People have mentioned some terms but I have no idea what they mean or how to use that to assess a light.
- Check the spectrum of the light, if red and blue is both enough for plants growing;
- Check the real wattage of the light
- Check if there is any lens on the leds.
- Check their PPF and recommended coverage.

We are going to make a video series to show how to choose a good light very soon as well, :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom