Whippersnapper Re-Veg: A Learning Process, 1st Attempt

Since I'm turning the entire harvest into bubble hash, I don't really care about drying. I hung them up to dry and left them for at least 10 days as I slowly manicured them. The temp fluctuated from 70-90 degrees F and the humidity was very low. They were completely dry in like 4 days. The entire plant that was cut was left for last and still had some moisture in it on day 5 during manicuring. Plants are pictured in various stages of manicuring.

DSCN2027.JPG
DSCN2028.JPG
DSCN2029.JPG
DSCN2032.JPG
DSCN2033.JPG

Well, glad you stopped by. No, the grow is complete and there was only one harvest. I may be using the term wrong "re-veg" but I was just sexing them as early as possible and then switching back over to veg for about a month and a half after taking out the males.

I guess, what I learned from the experience is to be very careful with the nutrient deficiencies after switching back to veg. I believe it may have been the fact that I switched them to flower/bud so early (about the 4th week of growth) that they had a hard time with going back to veg from budding. I will eventually try again but changing one variable: sexing them much later on, I would say at least a few months. Hopefully that would help with the nutrient deficiencies by letting the plant get established first before stressing it so much.

The spindling and strange leaf growth showed up very late when sexing from what I have seen from others and then it just didn't seem to convert back over to veg fully. The pistils were continuing to grow which caused the deficiencies. I have to assume it was because the first veg cycle was so short before sexing because that's really all that was different.

After over drying the fuck out of the buds I threw them in the freezer for a few hours, got a few bags of ice and made some bubble hash. The purpose of this thread was to try re-vegging as early as possible in the grow to see what happens so there are no pics of the hash making process. Maybe I will in the future, because I will most definitely be making more hash in the future. In fact, I will be making a shit ton of hash in the future.

Anyway, here's the payoff:
Various grades of loose kief and pressed hash. Some I left loose trichomes/kief and the rest I pressed into hash with a hand press I have. I left it on the computer for a day or two and then stuck it in the freezer. Used a vice-grip to open it up and got a 3.5+ gram puck (the dark brown circular one). Dont be fooled, I smoked a good amount of the hash already, but I estimate I got about 6-7 grams total. Not bad for such an abused grow. The worst plant only harvested into about 7grams of buds. LOL
DSCN2034.JPG

:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:Close up of the :lot-o-toke::blunt:different grades and pressed hash.
DSCN2036.JPG

Well, that's all, time to go smoke some hash.
Grow complete.
Hash in hand.
Lessons learned from ridiculous experiment.

phew took some reading through to catch up. looking like a good experiment to watch. so many of us think of doing it and seeing the second harvest too. are you planning a long reveg ?
If you’re talking regen’ing a plant for a second harvest, I’ll be doing it (starting the regen process) in about 5 weeks. My hope/ expectations is it’s a monster. Prepped the plant(s) for regen the right way from the very beginning, so it should be a good example of what it can do.

If you’re talking regen’ing a plant for a second harvest, I’ll be doing it (starting the regen process) in about 5 weeks. My hope/ expectations is it’s a monster. Prepped the plant(s) for regen the right way from the very beginning, so it should be a good example of what it can do.
sub me in please Growca. have toyed this one many , many times over the years. when i look at my past and how using one clone for nearly 5 years of growing( many mothers and flowered mothers along the way with it) , it would have been a benefit to constant managing clones with ending harvests . reveg could potentially be a huge benefit to perpetual grows of loved phenos , But......., Why is it not a common practice ?. This is why it has remained a wish list idea for me so far. Not having to regrow the rootball and all those networks ready to supply , it seems a no brainer.??
financially sound , quality sound , yield sound , media sound. Maybe the desire to have different strains is why. Will look forward to watching this with you.

Nice result with the hash fireman. seems you will be a loyal Hash King now mate
I do love the old school appeal of the hash smoke. makes me grin every time i light up and watch that thick hash burning streak of smoke from the intitial hash igniting. I always try to catch it like a crackhead.lol

After over drying the fuck out of the buds I threw them in the freezer for a few hours, got a few bags of ice and made some bubble hash. The purpose of this thread was to try re-vegging as early as possible in the grow to see what happens so there are no pics of the hash making process. Maybe I will in the future, because I will most definitely be making more hash in the future. In fact, I will be making a shit ton of hash in the future.

Anyway, here's the payoff:
Various grades of loose kief and pressed hash. Some I left loose trichomes/kief and the rest I pressed into hash with a hand press I have. I left it on the computer for a day or two and then stuck it in the freezer. Used a vice-grip to open it up and got a 3.5+ gram puck (the dark brown circular one). Dont be fooled, I smoked a good amount of the hash already, but I estimate I got about 6-7 grams total. Not bad for such an abused grow. The worst plant only harvested into about 7grams of buds. LOL
DSCN2034.JPG

:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:Close up of the :lot-o-toke::blunt:different grades and pressed hash.
DSCN2036.JPG

Well, that's all, time to go smoke some hash.
Grow complete.
Hash in hand.
Lessons learned from ridiculous experiment.
How is the hash? When I finish my next grow I'm going to make bubba ice hash. Looks simple is it? I've made kief with the bubba bags and I always enjoy it. Is the kief or hash better to you?

sub me in please Growca. ...........

Nice result with the hash fireman. seems you will be a loyal Hash King now mate
I do love the old school appeal of the hash smoke. makes me grin every time i light up and watch that thick hash burning streak of smoke from the intitial hash igniting. I always try to catch it like a crackhead.lol

I'd like to see that as well, I think that might be something I'll try next - to get a 2nd crop by going through the cycle again. I mean, shit, why not? lol

Thanks, the hash is great! I think we all try to catch it, there's nothing wrong with that! :Rasta: Had a friends' dog that would sit in our circle and constantly try to snatch our smoke so its not even just a human thing! Damn stoners!!!

How is the hash? When I finish my next grow I'm going to make bubba ice hash. Looks simple is it? I've made kief with the bubba bags and I always enjoy it. Is the kief or hash better to you?

Shit, the hash is so good I'm thinking of growing for hash almost exclusively unless I get some real special genetics. No joke, I wasn't even expecting that great of results. I've had some of the worlds best hash, and while mine ISN'T that, its not that far off. I was surprised how easy it was to make high quality hash....it really is as easy as it looks. Throw the weed in the bags/bucket > stir off and on as much as you can for at least a few hours > strain > dry > press and apply low heat. Thats it. And it really does have a different smoke, its so smooth even without aging. I got so fucking baked last night and smoked like a gram or two of hash, it was so smooth I didnt want to stop smoking. The comparison between the pressed hash and the loose kief is the kief seems a little harsher somehow. Hard to explain, kind of like the smokes much thicker and hotter in your lungs. More cough prone. If you can ever compare the 2 I highly suggest it, just make your own hash. I cant believe its not as popular as it should be.

I'd like to see that as well, I think that might be something I'll try next - to get a 2nd crop by going through the cycle again. I mean, shit, why not? lol

Thanks, the hash is great! I think we all try to catch it, there's nothing wrong with that! :Rasta: Had a friends' dog that would sit in our circle and constantly try to snatch our smoke so its not even just a human thing! Damn stoners!!!

Shit, the hash is so good I'm thinking of growing for hash almost exclusively unless I get some real special genetics. No joke, I wasn't even expecting that great of results. I've had some of the worlds best hash, and while mine ISN'T that, its not that far off. I was surprised how easy it was to make high quality hash....it really is as easy as it looks. Throw the weed in the bags/bucket > stir off and on as much as you can for at least a few hours > strain > dry > press and apply low heat. Thats it. And it really does have a different smoke, its so smooth even without aging. I got so fucking baked last night and smoked like a gram or two of hash, it was so smooth I didnt want to stop smoking. The comparison between the pressed hash and the loose kief is the kief seems a little harsher somehow. Hard to explain, kind of like the smokes much thicker and hotter in your lungs. More cough prone. If you can ever compare the 2 I highly suggest it, just make your own hash. I cant believe its not as popular as it should be.
i know what you mean about the "hot smoke" mate. I smoked it like a tramp smoking fag nubs . Also get to watch the oil run up the paper as it burns. looks a little like "shatter" when the joint goes out and cools. my 1st attempt at Hash was potent but but impossible to roll a joint with. I didnt dry it out or press enough moisture out?. It remained looking like old school "charice" but it was so harsh and melty , it didnt smoke like it at all. lol. Love getting the different grades from trim to play with. It is scary how "in demand" hash is. I had so many mates who's ears pricked up at the mention of having it. Think it has achieved some kind of "when we were young we had this stuff called Hash" status now. I was shocked to get over 2oz of very nice hash from the bubble bags this run. I used a quarter of a bin bag of trim from 9 plants ( est 5-6 oz realistically ?)

Attachments

• 20190504_092748.jpg
    20190504_092748.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 184
  • 20190504_092603.jpg
    20190504_092603.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 20190504_092518.jpg
    20190504_092518.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 177
I don't know what it is about joints and blunts but I cant smoke hash in or on them either. I tried with that cigar pictured a page back or so and it just didn't work...tried picking up a ball with the cherry of the cigar and smoking it but the cigar smoke was way too thick and the ball couldn't be big enough or it would just fall and burn the couch and me. I always use a bong or at the very least a bowl for hash. Hash for me is exclusively for bong, bowl or vape that can handle it, I just cant seem to get it right any other way and its too easy in a bowl/bong to get right and get stupid high.

I'm not totally sure because I didn't try it, but someone said if you want to roll a joint you have to roll the hash as skinny as humanly possible and as long as the joint and roll it so its like a needle in the middle of the joint with the weed totally surrounding it if possible. I would personally only suggest a bowl or bong.

I'm not really sure if you didn't dry it properly, its too hard to tell from a picture but if you squeeze it as hard as possible in a napkin and any water comes out then its too wet. Make sure you press it as hard as you can and maybe even a few times, I had do press the 90 micron fist-full that was one huge lump in the bag a few times and let it dry out 2 or 3 days. Press it with a hand press, let it dry out a day, repeat the pressing on the 2nd day and let it dry again for another day. On that last day leave it in the hand press (assuming its metal and will become warm) and put it somewhere that's about 80-90 degrees for a day or so.

I think hash took a back seat to all the new cool stuff that's out there in the cannabis world....seems old school to most people. It really is a different experience and smoke though. Honestly, if you ask me, I would say hash is way better than shatter (gives me only a low-level high), budder, wax, cheese, and BHO, etc.

I've always wondered if it was the dry ice that made it harsh. I'll definitely post pics of my hash when it comes time.

I don't know what it is about joints and blunts but I cant smoke hash in or on them either. I tried with that cigar pictured a page back or so and it just didn't work...tried picking up a ball with the cherry of the cigar and smoking it but the cigar smoke was way too thick and the ball couldn't be big enough or it would just fall and burn the couch and me. I always use a bong or at the very least a bowl for hash. Hash for me is exclusively for bong, bowl or vape that can handle it, I just cant seem to get it right any other way and its too easy in a bowl/bong to get right and get stupid high.

I'm not totally sure because I didn't try it, but someone said if you want to roll a joint you have to roll the hash as skinny as humanly possible and as long as the joint and roll it so its like a needle in the middle of the joint with the weed totally surrounding it if possible. I would personally only suggest a bowl or bong.

I'm not really sure if you didn't dry it properly, its too hard to tell from a picture but if you squeeze it as hard as possible in a napkin and any water comes out then its too wet. Make sure you press it as hard as you can and maybe even a few times, I had do press the 90 micron fist-full that was one huge lump in the bag a few times and let it dry out 2 or 3 days. Press it with a hand press, let it dry out a day, repeat the pressing on the 2nd day and let it dry again for another day. On that last day leave it in the hand press (assuming its metal and will become warm) and put it somewhere that's about 80-90 degrees for a day or so.

I think hash took a back seat to all the new cool stuff that's out there in the cannabis world....seems old school to most people. It really is a different experience and smoke though. Honestly, if you ask me, I would say hash is way better than shatter (gives me only a low-level high), budder, wax, cheese, and BHO, etc.
I was always used to hash in the past. The black tar looking kind. Was a hard hitter for sure. I don't like shatter or all that stuff excuse my language and don't mean to insult anyone but to me it's the crack of cannabis.

The closest I've gotten to liking it was rosin. Even then I still prefer Flower over everything and hash/kief.

I'm of the opinion that its not crack, but weak sauce instead. Something seems to be missing with BHO, shatter, budder and all that. Its a good bowl topper for small chunks, but that's it. I just don't like dabbbing, it doesn't do much for me and I just end up smoking flower 20 mins later anyway.
A bowl of weed topped off with hash, kief or live rosin/sauce is all I need. :lot-o-toke:
To me, hash seems to be the perfect combo of plant material and trichomes.

I saw that thread with the rosin, is that seriously all you do is just press it in a micron bag on wax paper? That's it? I think it was that thread I was reading last night and was thinking "shit I fucked up, I should have made a 2nd (bubble hash) run!" when someone mentioned using it after pressing.

Yes pressure with a controlled temp is all that is need so that's not bad in my opinion. From what I understand you can press hash and get rosin.

I don't like shatter or all that stuff excuse my language and don't mean to insult anyone but to me it's the crack of cannabis.

Re-reading this, I have to comment again.....I'm compelled to add that to me, again in my own personal experience, there seems to be something completely missing with distillates and extractions that are 70%+ THC and leave out all of the other cannabinoids.

I don't think THC is the holy grail, its just the most studied and understood chemical in Cannabis. There are so many other Cannabinoids and I have to assume there is a huge portion of the puzzle we are missing in the way they all interact with each other in the human brain.

Back
Top Bottom