Pigeons420's Re-Veg/Re-Generation of The Hog

Hey thanks for swinging by CO!!

That's for the reassurance. I'm even more certain that she needed more food. And I'm glad I went ahead and gave her an additional litre

You should be watering until you have run off. Watering with more mixed water isnt going to feed your plant more.... You need to mix a higher PPM if you want to feed more. You can water your 5 gallon pot with 50 gallons of water but if its all mixed the same PPM then thats what you are feeding your plant. The soil doesnt filter the nutrients out the water that you feed with.

I always expect undergrowth to yellow off and fall off naturally on my SCROGS. I see some tip burn on your close pictures. When was the leaves burnt? If thats recent then I doubt you need to feed a higher PPM. I would be more worried about the fan leaves on the tops than the lower fans. Any fans that are under my scrog and dont get light naturally start turning yellow and dying off as the plant consumes them.

What PPM are you feeding?
How are you feeding? (ex. Feed, water, feed, water?)

Tip burn = to much PPM in feeding or feeding to often:

image25219.jpg

Also, If you have looked at my grows that is why I use those 6 inch high plastic totes under all my grows now. It makes it super easy to just water and have run off and also when flushing the plant. I can flush with 20 gallons of water if i had to and then just suck it out with my liquid transfer pump. I couldnt image your setup just on the ground. You should be getting at least a half gallon or so run off each watering or feeding.

Ok ok. Bit of a reality check there Hunter, thank you!

She at 1400 PPM

I feed, water, feed.

I clean up the run off and during flush I take them to the laundry sink. For the hog, when I flushed her I brought in a tote then flushed into it. I see what you mean though about my set up. I should consider a basin of some kind. Hoping to do a big over hall after these girls are done.

Thanks for looking out for me Hunter. I appreciate the advice!

If she is at 1400 i would image thats enough, especially since you can see nute burn on the tips. She should be drinking around 1.5 gallons every 2 days with a 5 gallon pot. Thats with the correct .5 gallon runoff and is where my plants in 5 gallon smart pots are usually at on your time line. My 7 gallon pots take 2 gallons of water with a good .25 gallon run off every 3 days.

I usually do a mini flush about every 2 weeks on a feed day which consist of 2 gallons of plain water and then feed with the 2 gallons of nute water for each plant. I never go over around 1500 with soil and thats with all my supplements and cal/mag and pH up.

This is one reason why I dont like reveg as your soil is COMPLETELY used. You have no soil left with only roots in the pot im sure. It makes things more tedious and i dont like tedious things lol... To much to go wrong.

Before you change anything i would get some run off and test pH and PPM on the run off so you know where the soil is at. If your run off is over 1600 I would not increase the PPM dosage. Your tops look good from what i can see I would bet those are just naturally falling off from lack of light since they are lower. Test the runoff!

I will test in the morning. Damn! I can't believe I never thought of that!! I can't let you know how much I appreciate you bailing me out here.

This is my first go around with nutrients. So, I have a lot to learn. It's nice to have you throwing this valuable information at me.

it's tough to gauge how often to water and how much because I can water her at 9am and she's dry by 5pm. She's in the same room as three others that don't have that problem. So I know my humidity and temperature are in check. I believe she dries up so fast because her root system is so developed that it takes up the majority of the pot. I think there's more roots than soil. It's a bit of a challenge. But I hope it works out.

Is that runoff after a plain watering or a feeding? If you are at 838 ppm after a plain water watering I personally wouldnt up my nutes at all. 838 is normal for a plain water watering in between feeding.

When did the tip burn show up? Inspect your plant and see if there are any fan leaves that dont have tip burn and keep a eye on them. Personally i believe you are feeding a little to much or you did at some point and thats what caused the tip burn.

When did the tip burn happen?
What is the pH of the runoff?

If its 6.5 then they are not hungry... Your pH will be low if they are hungry. When cannabis gets hungry and its not uptaking nutes it will produce acidic particles(or something that makes soil acidic?) to break down the soil more so it can draw up more nutrients there for your soil ph will drop dramatically. If your pH is stable and you are getting what you put in then your feeding is either stable or to much. This is what I got out the research i have done and saw on roots and the way cannabis grows.

For example on my first soil grow I didnt want to feed my plants to much and burn them so two weeks in flower my pH dropped from 6.5 down to like 5.6. I stopped feeding completly and flushed and flushed my plants trying to get the pH up but in turn I was starving them and the soil kept dropping pH. Finally i figured it out and fed with 1600ppm feeding and BAM they took off and pH neutrilized and stable around 6.5 again. 1600 ppm was a huge jump from Hydro for me because i NEVER went over 1000 ppm in hydro. Soil is a little different hehe.

After about 4 weeks into flowering I usually notice a little yellowing in my plants as MOST flowering nutes have very little N for the flowering phase. I usually mix up my own schedule and can play with it and give my plants what I think they want. So once I see them yellowing from flowering I always give them a nice N dosage of about 650ppm on my water day and then a little less ppm on feed day. This brings the color back and keeps them happy. I do this sometimes 3 times during a 8 week flower. Hope this helps!

I suppose I mean- if it says 1400 ppm- what is the EC at that time?
These ppm/tds testers can only measure EC. Then they guesstimate the ppm by multiplying the EC by 0.5, 0.64, or 0.7, depending on the unit. So -that 'ppm' number is relative to which tester you use, and doesn't mean much without knowing the conversion rate. 'Sounds strange, but it's true. EC is the same no matter which tester does the testing though. I'm just curious because I'm still working on dialing in my ppm. Never bothered using a meter until recently and it's just caused me quite a bit of confusion so far.

Weasel does bring up a great point. I dont know the conversion rate for mine either but I do have mine calibrated with a calibrating solution so I know its right. There are different conversions but i never looked into it as mine is calibrated and I just go by it. I dont do any multiplying and what ppm is on my pen is what ppm the solution is...

Back
Top Bottom