White Castle (photos) - Tell me what you think!

Hey ol hippy...lol

Thanks for the pointers! Yeah, I'm checking the trichs regularly under a high power microscope, keeping a close eye on them.
As far as nutes go....I'm "different" than most growers. I do NOT use ANY chemical or synthetic fertilizers whatsoever!!! I grow 100% organic. I know this decreases my yields a bit but I don't care! I'd much rather have chemical free weed than big harvests. I use a compost mix in my soil and I ONLY use bat guano for nutes. I incorporate it in the soil at planting and transplanting time and I top dress the soil with it prior to each watering.
This method has worked well for me and so I keep doing it.

Okay all you Trichome experts...I need your input here!

I examined the trichs under high power microscope tonight. I know the rule of thumb is 50%/50%, cloudy/amber. So, I guess I need clarification:

Does this mean when half of all the trichs mushroom heads are full with cloudy or amber color or when all the mushroom heads are half full with cloudy/amber color.

My plants trichs are currently 1/3 to 1/2 full with a cloudy substance and I saw just a few trichs that were amber in color. Hope my question isn't too confusing, just wanting to make sure I fully understand what to watch for. Thanks!

Harvested the gals yesterday. Trichs were about 3/4 full with cloudy stuff. I know a bit early but had to due to vacation...didn't want em' to be overdone when I returned.

Here are a few pics before chop....
4-2-10_2.jpg

4-2-10_6.jpg

4-2-10_16.jpg

4-2-10_21.jpg

Nice buds bud !! Just have to dry and cure and your golden !! :thumb:

Okay...Cut the girls and hung them in a closet while I was on vacation for 7 days. They were mostly dry and cured but after I cut off all the bud I dried on newspaper for 24 more hours, there were a few spots not completely dry. I got approx. 2 ounces from each plant, which is awesome for Organic stuff, my very best yield so far!

Here's a couple pics of the dry finished product.

4-10-10_001.jpg

4-10-10_002.jpg

It smokes very nicely! Not harsh and two hits to a real good buzz.

You sure they are cured after only 7 days?

Looks like real nice smoke either way, very tasty clean looking organic smoke. What we should all be puffing on. :p

Good job bro and best of luck to your next grow. :roorrip: :peace:

Nice 2 ozs great !! Did you save your trim to make some hash or cannabutter ?

Yeah, I still have the trim about 1/4 a paperbag full, beginning to get dry though! I wouldn't know where to start making hash or cannabutter. Tell me how to do it and I will try it out. Thanks Man!

Funtogo, After you get everything nice and dry, get a silk screen screen, ususally you can get them at Michaels Store (they sell picture frames and hobby stuff) it's a 110 micron about 24 dollars unless you get a 50% off coupon. Put the dried weed in the freezer for a few hours, take it out and slowly screen the weed over the screen a little at a time , you will notice a yellow dust collecting under the screen this is pure kief it can be compressed into hash . A realy nice complete tutorial on this is listed under Rosemans links on his page .Very simple, you can also do the water bag bubble hash way as well also under Rosemans tutorials !! Don't let that good stuff get away !!

Back
Top Bottom