White Rhino when to harvest?

Skankhunter

420 Member
20230401_125946.jpg
20230401_130019.jpg
20230401_130337.jpg
20230401_130437.jpg
20230401_130718.jpg
soil 12/12 light I'm at 8 weeks,I've seen to leave it till 9 weeks any thoughts or opinions on where I'm currently at please,I'm a novice,thanks in advance.Been flushing with straight water for about 1 week.
Been unsure of what I should judge the cut off date on pistol colour,trichome colour or yellow leaves?
Also I have I decided to flush to early or continue with nutrients?

Welcome Skankhunter!

Are yiu the one that ran off with my ex?? Nah just kidding!!!

looks amazeballs for sure! Really nice work :p

There’s a lot of fresh yellow pistils on her still, think I’d let her run for another week or 10 days till the bulk of the pistils turn colors and crinkle up…

you’ve got a tent full so kudos on that!

Nice looking plants, well done! And welcome to the forum :ciao:

I see some pale green leaves on some, and a fully yellow leaf or 2. I'm an advocate of feeding until almost the very end, meaning sufficient NPK for flower, and micro-nutrients as well.

soil 12/12 light I'm at 8 weeks,I've seen to leave it till 9 weeks any thoughts or opinions on where I'm currently at please,I'm a novice,thanks in advance.
It will make a bit of a difference if you have been counting weeks of age starting from the day you switched the light schedule or from when the stigma/pistils and bud development started to show.

I start counting at the light schedule switch and subtract the first week which allows for the change over to flowering. Then I like to go 8 to 9 weeks of true flowering.

Been flushing with straight water for about 1 week.
Why? You mention you are growing in soil. If it is a true mineral or natural soil there is little reason to flush the soil. That theory is probably left over from the 70s and 80s when hydroponic growing methods were about the only way people could grow indoors. Some soil growers will flush about 3/4 of the way through the flowering and some do not bother at all.

Also, a week is a long time. A true flush is using enough water to be 3 times the amount of soil. So, if in a 3 gallon pot of soil then 9 gallons of water would be used by the time the chore is done. Slowly pour it over the soil and let is run out the drain holes. Every now and then I take a break and let the water stop dripping and then start pouring again. When all 9 gallons have run through the soil wait till no more drips out and the flushing is done. It is a chore but it is done in one evening.

Been unsure of what I should judge the cut off date on pistol colour,trichome colour or yellow leaves?
Kind of up to you since they will be your plants. Some like to judge based on the trichome colors and will wait until all of the stigma/pistils turn a brownish color before looking at the trichomes.

If you decide to do a flush then the usual recommendation is to resume the fertilizing schedule until the end or at least up to a couple of days before harvesting. So, fertilize up to 48 hours before harvesting but do water up to 24 hours before.

Then there are those who will stop all watering, etc about 48 to 72 hours before harvest.

Back
Top Bottom