Why do you have to wait till they snap

Bobby Blunt

I Just want to get an understanding, why do you have to wait till the branch snaps before we can put our plants into cure. I have waited till the limbs snap, the buds are to dry for me, I put them back in the jar and put orange peels in for 2-6hrs it brings them back, too much work. On the average I go three no more than four days drying, I feel the bud, crisp and crunchy on the leaves and spongy on the bud, time for curing. I cure for 3wks before I check out my bud, there's some science to this but mostly its, feed, train, watch, maintain, harvest and enjoy, we all want to get the most out of our girls :Namaste:

I agree with you bobby, I too need to know the why on dry. I cut mine down Sunday AM, here it is Thursday nite, 4.5 days later, mine are same state as yours very dry on outside even the thickest buds feel dense but not wet. I have my tent at RH 52% to boot with water buckets inside to maintain a higher RH level. My buds feel very dry. My branches just bend, they do not snap yet.

I don't think everyone waits until they are that dry before cutting up and going into jars for curing, or I"m the only one that doesn't ;) :rofl::rofl: as in my limited experience it is too dry at that point, break but still leaving "strings" is about right but not until the "snap", as IMHO the stems dry slower than the buds do, and too damp still is easier to fix than too dry IMHO. As if the buds RH is still too high in the jars it is an easy fix as just put them out on a cookie sheet for an hour or two (long as under 70% it takes that long) and drop it down that way. As easier to dry it more than trying to add back to it, that and I have read the curing stops if it gets too low (but who knows if that just more of the same "tales"). Just get those stick RH gauges that fit in the jars and then you can dial it in to where you want it, as some like it drier than others to smoke (most folks fall in the 58-62% RH range).

Back
Top Bottom