Why is she so Short?

My closet is producing way too much heat i woke to 30,5°C and 40% need help ASAP
The easiest way to change the temperature and humidity is to open the door of the closet and let the hot air drop down to the temperature of the room the closet is in. This will give some relief while you are figuring out what to do with venting and fans.

The easiest way to change the temperature and humidity is to open the door of the closet and let the hot air drop down to the temperature of the room the closet is in. This will give some relief while you are figuring out what to do with venting and fans.

no issues doing this in veg for sure. won't work so well in flower with the odor.

Small steps before big steps or walk before running

It is often enough to give the grower a temporary solution by while working out a fan and filter method.

i was hoping he'd be able to get away with just the one plant. doesn't look like it will work. already noted he needs to set the cabinet up correctly in a previous post.

edit : first thing is just switch the exhaust fan so it is at the top of the cab and fresh is at the bottom. if that doesn't work a tiny exhaust fan would go a long way. would use an adjustable fan.

i was hoping he'd be able to get away with just the one plant. doesn't look like it will work. already noted he needs to set the cabinet up correctly in a previous post.

edit : first thing is just switch the exhaust fan so it is at the top of the cab and fresh is at the bottom. if that doesn't work a tiny exhaust fan would go a long way. would use an adjustable fan.

Yes Thanks for the advice guys i did just That today,
I Switches the Fans and learned alot about CFM and all dat shit about air Volume.
So for short my 120mm Fans one on top and one on the bottom put out 104CFM each direction thats 178m3/h if im right, my closet is 80x90x170cm so It should need with a 500W light at least 130m3/h to clear the closet Good without a Filter so in my mind Are the Numbers Correct but Nature doesnt give a shit.

Im gonna get another 100mm Fan thats gonna run at 2,500rpm so that the negative pressure can built up and can suck out all the air.

For the mean time i ordered a Humidifier to get my humidty up and Temperatures down thats arriving tommorow till then im leaving the closet door 5cm open and it stays at 25,5°C and around 40% rh spraying her very few hours with Phd room Temperature Water so she doesnt dry out.

Also i put the light as close as i can so It sits at 20cm from the top but is dimmed at 50% still Puts out my 39 DlI at the top, produces way less heat that way.

Any more Tips u guys got?
Happy growing, learning alot with u guys thanks again :)

Fuck my autocorrection btw

Edit: i also put a small Fan on top of the Panel so the driver thats sitting on top gets cooled and the heat sink can work Better

Yes Thanks for the advice guys i did just That today,
I Switches the Fans and learned alot about CFM and all dat shit about air Volume.
So for short my 120mm Fans one on top and one on the bottom put out 104CFM each direction thats 178m3/h if im right, my closet is 80x90x170cm so It should need with a 500W light at least 130m3/h to clear the closet Good without a Filter so in my mind Are the Numbers Correct but Nature doesnt give a shit.

get a tiny true extractor fan ... something like this :

full

it will be the last one you need in your size space. it's the smallest available.

that's a 4 inch. pic is from when i was in the middle of setting up the veg space. fans are sized by the inlet/outlet, and the cfm. i don't exhaust my veg space to outdoor.

Im gonna get another 100mm Fan thats gonna run at 2,500rpm so that the negative pressure can built up and can suck out all the air.

the fan is adjustable.

full

allows you to control the cfm and rh% if you adjust careful.
you can see both the exhaust outlet and the speed control on the outside of the space here.

For the mean time i ordered a Humidifier to get my humidty up and Temperatures down thats arriving tommorow till then im leaving the closet door 5cm open and it stays at 25,5°C and around 40% rh spraying her very few hours with Phd room Temperature Water so she doesnt dry out.

don't worry about the rh%. it'll spike in veg and flower, then you'll have the opposite issue. spending on a humi for a single plant isn't worth it. it'll be fine. i routinely start and grow in 10 - 25% rh with no problems.

just water / feed correct and walk away.

i'm running veg currently at 23%.

Also i put the light as close as i can so It sits at 20cm from the top but is dimmed at 50% still Puts out my 39 DlI at the top, produces way less heat that way.

did you get a new light ? give us a pic ..
where you set height and dimming will depend on the light. theres a couple simple approaches.

edit : i also have a filter on the end of the fan attached for odor control.

get a tiny true extractor fan ... something like this :

full

it will be the last one you need in your size space. it's the smallest available.

that's a 4 inch. pic is from when i was in the middle of setting up the veg space. fans are sized by the inlet/outlet, and the cfm. i don't exhaust my veg space to outdoor.

the fan is adjustable.

full

allows you to control the cfm and rh% if you adjust careful.
you can see both the exhaust outlet and the speed control on the outside of the space here.

don't worry about the rh%. it'll spike in veg and flower, then you'll have the opposite issue. spending on a humi for a single plant isn't worth it. it'll be fine. i routinely start and grow in 10 - 25% rh with no problems.

just water / feed correct and walk away.

i'm running veg currently at 23%.

did you get a new light ? give us a pic ..
where you set height and dimming will depend on the light. theres a couple simple approaches.

edit : i also have a filter on the end of the fan attached for odor control.
Im gonna get a Pic when im Home. Gimme 1-2h

I cant get a big Exhaust Fan setup cause the space is very limited Even with a 4" It wouldnt fit cause of the Pole and the light , It would steal alot of space of the plant when shes gonna stretch

Yes but i dont feed her so i think the humidfyer is needed.

There are Some PC Fans that got 100CFM on 80mm two of These on the opposit top side of the closet would resolve the issue.

And idc what anyone says im gonna build a Ghetto ass Coal Filter setup when shes enetering preflower.

Nice setup looks good. 🍋

thanks. that set up is crap compared to the jungle room at the folks place. it's a workable compromise. my dad hates it lol. :laughtwo:
my pops set a few spaces up for myself and my friends. he was in hvac control and knows his shit. we used to do permanent indoor builds for hoidy-toidy folk as well.

Im gonna get a Pic when im Home. Gimme 1-2h

I cant get a big Exhaust Fan setup cause the space is very limited Even with a 4" It wouldnt fit cause of the Pole and the light , It would steal alot of space of the plant when shes gonna stretch

Yes but i dont feed her so i think the humidfyer is needed.

There are Some PC Fans that got 100CFM on 80mm two of These on the opposit top side of the closet would resolve the issue.

And idc what anyone says im gonna build a Ghetto ass Coal Filter setup when shes enetering preflower.

we built a few permanent single plant cabs for picky clients so i'm just gonna wait see what you're up to ..

we built a few permanent single plant cabs for picky clients so i'm just gonna wait see what you're up to ..
Got Pictures now.

U can See the heat Stress she got today light Curling beginning,
Shes wet cuase i watered her before writing this the stone was or is there to just Do something Good for her, get Some Ballast of her stem. (She liked It, made her stronger)

The stones there are my "Natural Humidifier" It works, kinda.
Kepps the humidty at or above 40% thats All i care for.

Ye happy growing guys.

This Some high quality Content right here in this Thread👀👀

Edit:
The cut leafes are from my "Fimming" Still dont know if i did It right and it It turned out right 🤷

Edit of the edit: left Fan blower leaf is missing two leafes cause they werde cripplimg and yellow looked like a genetic problem so i decide to cut the shoudlnt be a problem for her.

20240512_200219.jpg

20240512_200209.jpg

20240512_200202.jpg

Got Pictures now.

U can See the heat Stress she got today light Curling beginning,
Shes wet cuase i watered her before writing this the stone was or is there to just Do something Good for her, get Some Ballast of her stem. (She liked It, made her stronger)

The stones there are my "Natural Humidifier" It works, kinda.
Kepps the humidty at or above 40% thats All i care for.

Ye happy growing guys.

This Some high quality Content right here in this Thread👀👀

Edit:
The cut leafes are from my "Fimming" Still dont know if i did It right and it It turned out right 🤷

Edit of the edit: left Fan blower leaf is missing two leafes cause they werde cripplimg and yellow looked like a genetic problem so i decide to cut the shoudlnt be a problem for her.

20240512_200219.jpg

20240512_200209.jpg

20240512_200202.jpg

what's the stress ? it looks good ...

i'd say relax. you're doing fine. that's a fantastic light for the space. plant looks happy. :)
i'd get the environment monitor off the surface of the plant to a more neutral spot. you'll get a way better idea of true conditions.

at this point you are in full veg. i'd maintain the light at 75% full at 24 inches above the plant. can slowly ramp to 80% in the next couple stages.

i'd raise the light as the plant grows into the 18 inch mark back up to 24. when you get into flower leave it at the 18 and maintain there at 90 - 95% in flower. always leave your light a little dimming headroom. it extends lifespan greatly.

it looks a touch overwater but not bad by any means. i'd get a better container for a possible up pot, strongly consider a cloth pot. i'd also lift it with a grate or pot lifter above the drain tray, pot lifters are cheap in dollar stores at this time of year.

edit : it also is fed perfect but will get hungry soon :)

what's the stress ? it looks good ...

i'd say relax. you're doing fine. that's a fantastic light for the space. plant looks happy. :)
i'd get the environment monitor off the surface of the plant to a more neutral spot. you'll get a way better idea of true conditions.

at this point you are in full veg. i'd maintain the light at 75% full at 24 inches above the plant. can slowly ramp to 80% in the next couple stages.

i'd raise the light as the plant grows into the 18 inch mark back up to 24. when you get into flower leave it at the 18 and maintain there at 90 - 95% in flower. always leave your light a little dimming headroom. it extends lifespan greatly.

it looks a touch overwater but not bad by any means. i'd get a better container for a possible up pot, strongly consider a cloth pot. i'd also lift it with a grate or pot lifter above the drain tray, pot lifters are cheap in dollar stores at this time of year.

edit : it also is fed perfect but will get hungry soon :)
Thank u very much,
I cant really raise the light at 75% its sitting at 30cm rn cause thats 500ppfd 31DLI i dont Really wanna get below that.
Yes a Cloth pot Good.

Whats the potlifter gonna Do? Expect for take up more space,
Is It so the plant can reach Better climate? I dont Really get that

What should i feed her exactly i have no idea about that?.

Edit: i just wanted to get Some 5-5-5 Do Some Research and feed It to her

the pot lifter will get air under the plant and help avoid ph trouble and bud rot from sitting in water.
wouldn't worry about dli or other new age shit yet. you're a long way from any of that lol :laughtwo:

the pot lifter will get air under the plant and help avoid ph trouble and bud rot from sitting in water.
wouldn't worry about dli or other new age shit yet. you're a long way from any of that lol :laughtwo:
Ye i dont think its dat simple at All its all Theorie lessons and that mixed with Some Empathie towards the plant is all i need.

Edit : Do u guys Think i need reflective foil for the Walls? Does It make a difference? More than "5% mOrE liGht".
Could i Use These Life saving blankets? Or is alu Foil Better? Or Do i buy Some reflective foil thats self Stick? Do they have Different ratings? Like % It reflects or how much energy is löst during the reflecting.

OK i get the potlifter but the tray under It, Has paper towel and Some nudges so the Water runs down into another under tray so It doesnt affect It and AIR is going under the pot, the towel gets switched every 2 days.

Edit : Do u guys Think i need reflective foil for the Walls? Does It make a difference? More than "5% mOrE liGht".
Could i Use These Life saving blankets? Or is alu Foil Better? Or Do i buy Some reflective foil thats self Stick? Do they have Different ratings? Like % It reflects or how much energy is löst during the reflecting.

flat white is better than the foil. just leave the walls the way they are.

OK i get the potlifter but the tray under It, Has paper towel and Some nudges so the Water runs down into another under tray so It doesnt affect It and AIR is going under the pot, the towel gets switched every 2 days.

the paper towel will cause you trouble.

what did you have planned for nutes ?

Thank u very much,
I cant really raise the light at 75% its sitting at 30cm rn cause thats 500ppfd 31DLI i dont Really wanna get below that.
Yes a Cloth pot Good.

Whats the potlifter gonna Do? Expect for take up more space,
Is It so the plant can reach Better climate? I dont Really get that

What should i feed her exactly i have no idea about that?.

Edit: i just wanted to get Some 5-5-5 Do Some Research and feed It to her
Well if you do the 5-5-5 thing, farmers almanac sells organic plant spikes that are exactly 5-5-5. They have them in larger numbers as well. However, you gotta let me know how they work out. ☺️💚

flat white is better than the foil. just leave the walls the way they are.

the paper towel will cause you trouble.

what did you have planned for nutes ?
I dont know Nothing about Nutes i just saw Some people in reports of My strain using It. I dont Even know how All that works, but Do i really have to get a EC Meter?

Removing towel now thanks.
In the beginning i had Problems with the humidty being too high cause It was colder then.

Back
Top Bottom