Will they ever finish?

angelass

I'll first apologize for not keeping an online journal; I've been paranoid to post or even take photos never mind post the pics. I'm sort of over that now, BUT my first question is should I be concerned about meta-data in the pictures?

Forgive me for not including this grows' full background ("details required for grow support"); I'll start that journal with full details next grow. This is my first grow and it seems as though the plants have not progressed much the last 2-3 weeks. Some basic facts:
  • 4'x4, 1000w MH/HPS 19/5 throughout, active air, soil grow, 3 Auto strains WW Max, AutoWidow & WhiteLSD (all ~ 70 day from seed)
  • pH'd Soil & pH'd tap from start, organic granular ferts started ~2-3 weeks after pop, no training/au naturel
  • Trimmed fans periodically throughout flwr (fairly agressively due to #3 below)
  • Challenges/mistakes (a few of them :thedoubletake:)...
    1. Toasted a bit, day temps in the 90's early in veg
    2. Battled fungus gnats throughout grow, semi-successful controlling population but getting worse now.
    3. Was VERY light with ferts and stopped feed entirely in early Veg. I believe way too soon cause foliage indicated N deficiency in late Veg. Did not supp nutes when needed due to my misunderstanding of lifecycle & needs.
    4. Dry feet - I believe I drought stressed them the mid few weeks, kept em thirsty thinking dry is better than wet.
Now for my question/concerns. There's very little progress the last 2 weeks or so. Colas not swelling together as I expected, trichs seem to be clouding veeeeryslooooowly and they're passing their "advertised" prime time. That advertised prime time isn't of concern, but the premature leaf drop and seemingly lack of progression & bud swell during the past few weeks is. COMMENTS PLEASE...THANKS...:Namaste:

0211181711_1_.jpg
0211181653_1_.jpg

Welcome my friend

1st off any photo unloaded to our site is stripped of any meta data info they had, so all of your pics are safe. Links to outside pictures, not allowed, are not as safe of course

No some strains stay airy more than others, so could be the strain
As for leaves dropping, most likely because she is near her final date and is using all her nutes stored up
She looks good from what I can see from the pics, I'd say at least a week or so more

Looks good

I'll first apologize for not keeping an online journal; I've been paranoid to post or even take photos never mind post the pics. I'm sort of over that now, BUT my first question is should I be concerned about meta-data in the pictures?

Forgive me for not including this grows' full background ("details required for grow support"); I'll start that journal with full details next grow. This is my first grow and it seems as though the plants have not progressed much the last 2-3 weeks. Some basic facts:
  • 4'x4, 1000w MH/HPS 19/5 throughout, active air, soil grow, 3 Auto strains WW Max, AutoWidow & WhiteLSD (all ~ 70 day from seed)
  • pH'd Soil & pH'd tap from start, organic granular ferts started ~2-3 weeks after pop, no training/au naturel
  • Trimmed fans periodically throughout flwr (fairly agressively due to #3 below)
  • Challenges/mistakes (a few of them :thedoubletake:)...
    1. Toasted a bit, day temps in the 90's early in veg
    2. Battled fungus gnats throughout grow, semi-successful controlling population but getting worse now.
    3. Was VERY light with ferts and stopped feed entirely in early Veg. I believe way too soon cause foliage indicated N deficiency in late Veg. Did not supp nutes when needed due to my misunderstanding of lifecycle & needs.
    4. Dry feet - I believe I drought stressed them the mid few weeks, kept em thirsty thinking dry is better than wet.
Now for my question/concerns. There's very little progress the last 2 weeks or so. Colas not swelling together as I expected, trichs seem to be clouding veeeeryslooooowly and they're passing their "advertised" prime time. That advertised prime time isn't of concern, but the premature leaf drop and seemingly lack of progression & bud swell during the past few weeks is. COMMENTS PLEASE...THANKS...:Namaste:

0211181711_1_.jpg
0211181653_1_.jpg
I wouldn't worry. It's not a top priority anymore.

Small tip for fungus gnats....put some fans(depending how many plants you have) under your canopy, pointed towards the rims of your pots so it blows the air directly over your soil...you'd be shocked how difficult a little breeze can make life for a fungus gnat and how well it works :thumb:

Plants look beautiful though, wouldn't be worried about going past the suggested time lines :Namaste:

Thanks for the input good peeps! A few more general questions, while understanding there are strain & environmental variables:

• Is it normal to have such little progression and bud swell the last few weeks?
  • Is the trich maturation normally that slow? Clear to cloudy is near indistinguishable to me with a 40x (getting a 100x for my antiquated eyes).
  • Is there a faster rate of trich change after they start getting amber?
  • Pistils turning BUT new white Pistils seem to be popping all over (particularly on the White LSD's). Do pistils continue to pop throughout flower or should I expect most all or them to turn color prior to the trichs turning amber?

FYI - Did lot's a homework but nothing prepped me for the patience needed during this last phase!

I..hate..fungus gnats!!! If you catch them early enough the easiest thing is just to chuck the soil, clean the area and repot everything. If not and you can bottom water, a thin layer of diatomaceous earth on the soil will slice them to bits as they breed in the surface soil. Works.

For harvest as soon as I see amber and little or no clear that is good for me. The more amber usually the more sedative-like the effects, I prefer a more stimulating product.

Hey Troy - where'd you get the nematodes?

My go to place..... Amazon. LOL they arrive with a cooling pad and it is recommend you use them within 2 weeks of receiving. They are on a spongy material and you just put it in water and then water your plants.

Back
Top Bottom