Zamaldelica & Frisian Dew Under 580 Watts Of LEDs

whelp I flushed w five gallons of distilled h20 which tested at 6.5 ph but the run off from the soil was 7.5 :yikes: so kept flushing now 6.8 -7.0 ish. hydrostore is closed so no ph down today. I think I will give it some tiger bloom which at one capful for three gallons turns the solution to 5.5 or so. I will use 1/2 capful in distilled water and check the run off from that. Just have no idea what is causing that. Molasses? it is all I have supplemented the h20 with the last few weeks.
In other news the Orange Bud seed is cracked, up and displaying the cotyledons. I used the method of the venerable Lembautoast's putting the soil in the ziplock baggy. When I transplant I slit the baggy and drop it nice and tight into the container. I have two Zamaldelica clones will cut a few off for clones and one Frisian Dew clone that will be cloned as well. I will give the largest clone to my brother and another to my buddy going through liquid chemo. Onward.

Hang in there after flush it takes a day or two for things to settle down. I'm a big fan of the frisian dew good to hear you are keeping it going...

SO I have flushed with ph down corrected distilled h20 that is the distilled is 6.5 I dropped it about 5.8 to 6.0 and flushed got a reading of 6.5 and am leaving the plant alone for a number of days to just dry out. I picked up a bag of worm castings to use in the veg cabinet. I want to top dress all the young plants and clones. I would like to top dress the Zamal but don't want to f it u again yet the poor thing needs some nutrition no? I need to learn what you ll are doing because damn, ya'll some stone cold killers out there and your grows a frickin stable. Mine is so unstable I could Baker Act it. The Frisian Dew btw is chopped and I am glad. It looked to sad in there and brought my vibrations down even though I must say, at 6 ish weeks of flower it kicks ass nicely. I have one rooted clone and one clone nearly rooted and I can not wait to grow it correctly if that is all possible. The frustrating part is I have grown some kick ass plants in the cannabis world with stable ph great harvests and quality. but I am sucking at it now lol. Oh my god the worst part is that aside from being a tree climber I have worked with plants since I was three on grandpas small farm. I think I will save up some change for Doc's high brix kit and see if that helps me learn a thing or two. or not we will see.

Zamaldelica is slowly coming out of the coma, it grew 1/2 inch since yesterday which is more than the last five days combined *GULP* oh man hope I didn't smoke the root hairs too badly lol. Ah but the leaves are less curled the edges are largely flat and on a few buds the top leaves point upward like a dogs ear noting the opening of a frito lay chips bag. I top dressed with organic worm casting and will water in a few more days to see how the ph is. Going to ebay for a soil ph meter (duh. only took three months into the grow ya know)
In other news I delivered a really nice clone to a buddy who starts liquid chemo soon as well as some buds and that in a nutshell is the cool thing about growing your own lol! Oh I ordered colloidal silver and am going to try to make fem seeds. I also cracked Wappa lol be whydufugnot? I have grown it before and loved it. I want to make a mother plant grow out a bunch of clones use one for seeds and grow out the rest for bud. Lost one Frisian dew clone to mold though, my bad. did the ziplock method and ended up mold farming instead. ah well. Additionally shaping up the order of seeds including thai tantic which I grew to 17 feet back in the day lol also KC45 and a bunch of other goodies.

Interesting strains. Ive got a Frisian Duck bean Im thinking of popping soon...leaves look cool. As an alternative to pH down, I use cider vinegar. Seems more natural, and only takes a few drops to fix a gal of solution. My tap comes out near 8ish.

You've got some nice plants there :) Keep it up!

Interesting strains. Ive got a Frisian Duck bean Im thinking of popping soon...leaves look cool. As an alternative to pH down, I use cider vinegar. Seems more natural, and only takes a few drops to fix a gal of solution. My tap comes out near 8ish.

You've got some nice plants there :) Keep it up!
thank you Mouser! YEah I tell you I messed up on the F Dew and it still smokes nicely. I was way off on ph and and by the time I caught it it was so far into flower I just said f it gonna see what happens. Didn't even weigh it just a handful of buds that flowered 6.3 weeks and yet it is a great evening smoke. Closest to in terms of flavor would be Soma's Lavender very feminine smooth good head high with a body stone later so it will be interesting to see what you think of F. Duck should you crack it. I was very surprised just how quickly it went to flower I am used to more sativa type flowering schedules.
I too used A. vinegar as a ph control method but was getting spikes later I guess it was a lack of buffering the ph? I have had fluctuations in my tap PH as well it was 6-6.2 for the first two years and has climbed to 7-7.5 as of late. I would love to know mineral content of the water too.
What did you think of the Dark Devil auto? Been toying w putting into the line up.

ok up date time the zamal is a of a less common phenotype according to what the breeder wrote on another site. Kept wondering why is it not getting bigger? Welp its a faster shorter flowering variety and the spidermites ate enough energy rescource to truly fuck over solid results in terms of quantity. I am roughly 7 7.5 weeks into flower and the shit is stoning me. I smoke some earlier lower buds out of curiosity and was pleased but yesterday i smoked some more developed bud with more milky trichomes and lost my keys on one countertop for a period of time that is way to embarrassing to admit to. As it is the hairs are orange the trichs are clear to white so in a few days to a week it gets the chop. the good news is that i have a mother plant and currently three rooted clones, a Frisian Dew clone as well one Wappa and one Orange Bud seedlings at 2 weeks in the veg closet and a. that and my flower room/ ridiculous shower stall is sanitary. oh and i have been making a living soil transfered the clones into it as well as a s a month old Frisian Dew just placed in the flowering room. photo of the spidermite assault victim
zamal_plant_j_une1.jpg

notable fact: the buds are much hardr than say Thaitantic or other sativas I have grown.
zamal_june1.jpg

when you have cataracts autofocus is a shitty experience because yu can not tell what it is focusing on. Ill try to up the photo game.
zamalbudjune1.jpg

the leaves are indeed yellow SmokeSarah. What i have determined is that 1) the ph spiked to nearly 8.0 at the third week of flower and stayed there till dramaticaly flushed and still it took to the 7th week of flower to get the run off from the soil to measure 6.8. so I had soil improperly mixed most likely 2) i now know what spidermite damage looks like. If I were a a teacher this project would get a C minus and that does not set well with me. I will continue my efforts to grow knowledge and responsibility to the soil.

Hope you got these mites under control, man.

Back
Top Bottom