deep water culture help

dwcstartup

Hi this is my first dwc grow everything is going fine expect when I put mylar up. My resume temp went from 70 to 75 and room from 75 to 85 with 25% humidity. Is this bad? I have roots showing after about 10 days dwc.

I've had my reservoir go to 75 when it was summer and it didn't hurt anything, but I also used the ice bottle method of keeping res. water cooled best as possible. Chiller's are great, but cause heat as a trade off, if you can run it in another area that would be the best. 63-72 is best for the dissolved oxygen content, and to keep all anaerobic pathogens from moving in.

The room temp seems a little high @85, ideal would be 68-77 for seedlings/cuttings & when they get bigger they can handle 82. I have had a room that was 85-86 and it turned out fine but they would transpire like crazy.

Veg should be around 45%-50% RH, and I like to go 30%-35% when they flower to keep mold away.

Yes it can be bad,very bad. You are inviting root rot. The correct Rez temps should be 68 - 72 any lower you risk stunting your plants and any higher root rot. You should start by getting better air extraction. Buy a chiller or "diy" a Rez cooling solution.there are many tutorials available. Also you can figure out a way to block the light from hitting you Rez. Is your light air cooled ?

OK thank you guys. I found a great operating temp red 72 amb 8rh 40 a little low. But gth was growing 3 to 4in daily. I had to move and in the garage it drop really low like almost 50 res and 60 or less amb I have since raised amb to 70 to 80, red to 68 to 72. When I first installed the heater it spiked and went to 80 solved the pylithuim with h202 treatment followed by benes . everything is in ideal range now. But they are all droopy and sad looking. Its has been a few days no yellowing or signs of nute or rot issues. Gth is in a solo 5 galdwc. Ck bb3 ob fb and atf are in separate dwc together not pylitium in there 65 res light is 1 1/2 feet away. Am I doing this right. They are all in severe shock huh? I just wanna know if I am taking the proper steps toward San ng these girls

Back
Top Bottom