Big buddha blue cheese, how to maxamise yield from cuttings

kneegrow

Hi guys i have not posted for a while but I've took cuttings from my 2 plants that i had (8 in total) and 3 have just started rooting, Now i have no idea what the yield will be like or the actual bud itself as the plants i cut them from are only 27 days into flower and from seed.

Firstly: What techniques could i used to maxamise yield as they are from cuttings and have not even been potted yet, for example should i top them? i have not tried any techniques on other plants apart from the normal chopping lower branches and taking off unwanted leaves ect.

im using coco soil
temps 26-28c
hand fed
11 litre pots
400 watt hps
tent dimensions - 0.8 x 1.2 ( i think )

Hey kneegrow I am glad you have rooted clones now :cheer:
I have a fem seed Big Buddha plant flowering too,its about 29 or 30 days 12/12 now and is my first time on this strain. I had rooted cuttings during veg to keep it going in my little setup. I have also taking cuttings from flower stage on other ones and feel if you want a bigger yield you should revegetate them first and then like Stealthboat said to LST them. Now I have not put them directly in flower while rooting them when they were taken from a flowering plant but have feeling yield will suffer like that..
LST is low stress training
Do you have a journal?

I decided not to make a journal mate as i had messed up so much at the beggining, i'm happy to make a journal on my second try if people would like that, right now im trying to firgure how to upload pictures properly

I decided not to make a journal mate as i had messed up so much at the beggining, i'm happy to make a journal on my second try if people would like that, right now im trying to firgure how to upload pictures properly

I saw your pictures you posted and was like man those buds are bigger than mine and a great looking plant too. Next time you put up pictures its easier for us to see them if you view and copy the picture url of a bigger image,those ones you did are called thumbnail pics I think that look small until viewer enlarges if possible.
I like following grows of strains I grow to compare with and if you started a journal people would know what you have going on better and help out if needed
this was my plant a week ago maybe and I topped her after several nodes during veg and used LST on the branches to get more equal height to about 6-8 tops.I use pipe cleaners holding down branches It helps me to keep my plants shorter and wider and increase the yield.
daves_02024.JPG
daves_01631.JPG

Clones take on average 10 to 14 days to root & some times longer...

Can be done once plant shows sex in early stages of flowering.

But if sex is known clones can be taken just before the plant go's in to flowering.

To be honest i don't think cutting lower branches of increase's yield & if so hardly noticeable ?

LST is reasonable effective tho as a little branch bending can increase light penertration into the canopy of the plant & lower bud sites, i done this a lot in my early days !

Here's a few pic's :love:

PICT000160.JPG
001860.JPG
001911.JPG
002985.JPG
006730.JPG
0021042.JPG
010582.JPG
0011077.JPG

Those all had lst applied to them from rooted clones !

Topping works but a longer veg period is required & ya need to do side branches also to max out yield...

Back
Top Bottom