Any answers?

bigred1991

Hey everyone. I just recently started to grow and I have a few questions. I'm growing in soil with Perlite peat moss and potting soil 1/3 of each my plant just over a month and it looks ok but again it my first time but MT questions are is 2 cfls 60 Wyatt bulbs enough to grow then when I top my plant a week ago some dark red liquid came out is that normal

Aside from the light (I would also recommend more of it), have you checked your soil pH? Peat moss makes your soil acidic and your plants will have a tougher time getting the nutes they need.

Ideally you want 150W per plant, so two 60W is, at most, 120W. Toss in another if you can and it should be alright. That's an interesting combo, peat moss, soil and perlite, not sure what ph to run that at but probably close to 6.2 or something.

I agree with Stealthboat that it is an interesting medium to grow in. Might take a watchful eye and attention to pH levels to really figure out which pH range the plant like the best. Keep us updated!! Maybe even start a journal so we can tag along in your journey.

2 cfl for veg should be ok with ideal colour spectrum is 6400k (kelvin) blue light...

Might want more cfl for flowering 2700k that is more orange & red colour of light spectrum which is more suitable for flowering.

Peat moss is in general acidic PH value, how ever you mentioned you mixed it with a potting soil which should have another PH value all together & would imagine mixing the 2 together the PH value will buffer a little a bit between the 2 compost/soil etc

I may keep a watch on em for any problems tho ?

Thanks for the input its very helpful. I did more research and I was using wrong bulbs so I fixed that. No I haven't tested my Ph yet I buying one Friday m. Yea I figured I needed more light I'm looking at the 125 Wyatt cfl double spectrum. It is MT first time so I'm learning as I'm going I know I'm gonna have a few rookie mistake. I will start my journal and hopefully some pics to come. I new to the site so any pointers will help and once again thanks everyone

IMG_20150125_133138.jpg
IMG_20150125_133032.jpg
IMG_20150125_133051.jpg
IMG_20150125_133235.jpg

hmmm... looks pretty good to me. Maybe a bit overwatered. The pic quality is kinda low, so its hard to tell. Definitely a Sativa dom lady. Is there a reason you planted so close to the sidewall of the pot? Getting those CFL's closer would limit the stretch

To be completely honest I had 3 growing the pot as seedlings and tried to transplant one and it died the other died of natural causes so I was scared to mess with it so I just left it where it was. Since then I done germinate another got it in a pot all by it self. Sorry for the low quality pics my phone a piece of junk

You can lower the lights as far as a couple inches away from the plant. Because you have cfl and if is far away, the plant will stretch. As i see it already started to stretch. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom