Tons of Boys

Yes I did. Got rid of all the boys as they showed their stuff. I used the same seed last year and had no problem. What would cause that?

No such thing. You cant have a 97.50% male and 2.50% female it dont work that way. Either you grown some bagseed that got all hermies are you got the worst batch of seeds on earth hopefully airplanes dont fly over your house anytime soon you may need to build a bunker.

I recently started 40 seed and got ONE girl. Any ideas?

I don't think that's possible. Maybe you need to rethink what you throw out next time. Let them go a couple days after you've decided on them, and then make the final decision.

Well I'm telling you it happened. I grew the seed myself and it rocked last year so if you have ideas that aren't sarcastic then bring them on. Otherwise keep ur smart ass comments off this forum

It really happened and I grew the boys till their stuff was blowing. They were all boys and the same seed last year produced at least about a 70/30 girls to boys. I can't figure it out

Absolutely nothing I can think of. Started them in peat pucks. Force flowered them when they were big enough. Exactly like last year. May have started them a little earlier. Some of them but that's it

It really happened and I grew the boys till their stuff was blowing. They were all boys and the same seed last year produced at least about a 70/30 girls to boys. I can't figure it out

That's wild then. I'm not sure why that would happen

hey shonna sorry about the males!
But this is totally possible. many growers believe the climate determines if the plant is male or female it is not predetermined. Last 2 weeks of veg and first 2 weeks of flower determined gender. an old friend took 35 bag seeds and gave me 5. He grew 30/30 females outdoors while i grew 2/5 females in a tent inside with some heat stress. Just something to thing about!
happy growing!

Very interesting. So how does that work if I am force flowering? Am I not waiting long enough b4 I set them to flower?

You might need to wait longer. Also rethink all the stress from the environment that you might of caused. Like light leaks, lights on timers , opening the tent, the factors are endless.the find out how to fix that for next round! :thumb:If everything is 100 % perfect, then it may just be some bad luck. When all else fails try again ! Happy growing

Back
Top Bottom