Please help

ds2007

does anyone have any idea what causes this and how to solve the problem?
middle east.. 25-32 degrees, about 14.5 hours of sun a day here right now, direct sunlight 8 hours a day
soil from the garden shop (regular for all plants) outdoor of course...
those are two different plants - auto white weedow , dutch dragon but same symptoms
water it everyday and once a week a little little little bit of fertilizer (universal fertilizer for all plants)

11822125_10153895434526509_1443126260_o.jpg
11783854_10153895435256509_1739572236_o.jpg

When you water, are you leaving water on the leaves? It is possible that this is leaf burn. The sun's heat is magnified by the water left on the leaves and scorches them. You DID say you're in the Middle East, right? And I am assuming you're growing outdoors?

They're really hard to treat. They live inside the leaf and are generally protected from topical applications.
I use Neem oil, but it's a systematic pesticide that has no instant knockdown properties. I use it as a protective agent rather than a treatment. Neem is absorbed by the plant causing bugs that eat some to die.

Quick and dirty neem soil treatment..
Mix 2tsp neem oil with 1gal water. Add 1/2 tsp dish soap to break up the oil. Shake vigorously. Adjust ph. Water plant with mix as you would normally water.

Spinosad takes care of leaf miners fairly effectively. It comes under the brand name Monterey Garden Insect Spray. I'm sure it's made by other companies as well under other names.

Back
Top Bottom