Seeds in my buds?

NorthrnLight

Hey guys I've been smoking cannabis for about a year and a half. I just harvested two different grows my blue berry and Ak-47. I was busting up my nugs (ak47) getting ready to smoke and I see like 5 seeds in a .5 bud. I checked all the other buds I have and none of them have any.. I started this grow with seeds, indoor never been around a male cannabis plant. I had a super lemon haze (Feminized) beside it the hole grow. *Still in flowering* Did I produce feminized seeds? Anything will help me understand this.
Ak-47
420-magazine-mobile228056006.jpg

Blueberry
420-magazine-mobile282475870.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Probably a nanner in there somewhere.
Yes - you have fem seeds, but they are also more likely to hermie on you.

It is also possible you had a tiny amount of rogue pollen on you when you went in to tend the plants.

Inadvertent Rodelization. Big words for what the Major said..
Probably a nanner in there somewhere.

Probably due to some stress during the grow. It may not be your fault. Some plants stress themselves out just doing the act of flowering. Some people blame bad genetics, but the only thing genetics have to do with it is the degree at which you see it occur. It's not bad genetics. It's a normal function. Some are just touchy. The seeds will be feminized with a very few rare exceptions. There is the slightest chance that you could get a true hermie, or a male, or a who knows what mutant lol. All in all the seeds will be pretty solid performers. I've used rodelization techniques for over 20 years now with at least as many strains. I've only seen senescence maybe twice and one of those was due to cloning from not so good genetics to begin with. Don't tell anyone, but we like to blame our own faults on bad genetics of plants too lol.

:Namaste:

Wow this is so helpful

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sweet! :) Not really sure how I got on the genetics rant.. but there's more :laughtwo: Believe me, there are bad genetics. A lot of half cooked 'strains' being sold out there. Even so (not so much at this site, but others) I see a lot of growers making mistakes and blaming it on bad genetics. I just think a better grower tends to look at one's self and techniques before discrediting what someone likely put a lot of work into. What I saw was in regards to reputable breeders. End rant :phew:

On the positive side you are going to have fem seeds of that strain, or a cross of the other. It's most likely she got herself. The nanners tend to be at the base of the buds where they can dump on lower buds as well as get her own core. Unless induced by age. Those tend to be near the tips. Not always but in most cases IME.

Sweet! :) Not really sure how I got on the genetics rant.. but there's more :laughtwo: Believe me, there are bad genetics. A lot of half cooked 'strains' being sold out there. Even so (not so much at this site, but others) I see a lot of growers making mistakes and blaming it on bad genetics. I just think a better grower tends to look at one's self and techniques before discrediting what someone likely put a lot of work into. What I saw was in regards to reputable breeders. End rant :phew:

On the positive side you are going to have fem seeds of that strain, or a cross of the other. It's most likely she got herself. The nanners tend to be at the base of the buds where they can dump on lower buds as well as get her own core. Unless induced by age. Those tend to be near the tips. Not always but in most cases IME.

How long do most plants take to produce seeds if let go for too long? I have some S1 Blackberry Kush I want to try to self again because it's awesome.

Sorry not to thread jack, but there's not enough discussions about getting seeds versus keeping them out :p

How long do most plants take to produce seeds if let go for too long? I have some S1 Blackberry Kush I want to try to self again because it's awesome.

Sorry not to thread jack, but there's not enough discussions about getting seeds versus keeping them out :p

Seeds take around 4-6 weeks to mature regardless of how or when. If you start seeing nanners instigated by age stress it is typically beyond the window of the resulting seeds maturing. You can gather those nanners and pollinate the next generation easy enough though. If you want to pollinate the same plant the stress has to be generated early on during transition or the first few weeks of flowering. The stress can be generated in a lot of different ways. Pretty much all are risky. This is why CS has become what it is today. It's a much safer approach, but it has it's down falls too. CS seeds can lack some of the internal programming that other types of stress seeds can have. Especially in fresh crosses. Cannabis learns in regards to stress and that 'learning' becomes inherent. This is one of many differences between a real strain and a simple cross. At any rate if you want to create non-chemical generated stress, I've found wilting to be the most reliable. Wilt them 4-5 times in a transition or early flower stage and I can almost promise you will get nanners in time for self pollination.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom