Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Resin: Can you smoke it?

Re: Resin: Can you smoke it?

hahaha screw resin i never run out so no worries about that for me

420 Member

dude. i wouldnt worry just smoke the resin. it gets me high. if u have enough, go for it! especially if its not that often. ive only been smokin for a few years heavily but my lifetime, veteran stoner friends smoke resin when they have it and they're out of everything else. why not? smoking anything isn't good for you you might as well get high anyway

Damn, the power of suggestion is a MoFo...I just HAD to re-light-up while reading this! In my experience, smoking resin is a last resort, kinda like that I'm-gonna-hide-in-the-dryer-if-I-don't-smoke! feeling.
    It is harsh as hell, makes you cough, but it will do in a pinch.
    Luci

Only users lose drugs...

Talking Re: Resin: Can you smoke it?

Here on the West Coast the resin treats us very well.

Sounds like the fools saying that it does not work are just blazing lawnmower trimmings to begin with.......

I am sure it is not to good for your lungs, but neither is the air anymore. We use only glass pieces and medical grade herb. Our resin collections yield a hash like substance that do not consist of solely "tar". There is usually a lot of non-charred chunks that make it through when the beat load pulls through. I recommend the fools claiming no results from burning res try some of the combination mentioned above, you will be too dazed to whine anymore.

This is the thread that both linked me to the site, and inspired me to join.

I'll be smoking a bowl of resin very soon. This marks day 3 in a row that I've been doing so.
    I don't like doing it, but I've been without bud for quite a while now. I find resin has a putrid taste, and sometimes, I think most of that taste is mixture of the tar and lighter fluid, but that's only an opinion.

I find that the best way to smoke resin is to fire up a torch, and use the knives. If you re-circulate it in a bong or pipe, then you will re-coat your peice with more resin. It's a disgusting cycle really...

When I take a resin hit, I always feel like I'm doing something unhealthy and dangerous, just instinctivally. You know, like that feeling you get when you're doing something dangerous, and you know it's a stupid idea? But, it doesn't stop me.
    Desperate times call for desperate measures.
    comadose likes this.

Thumbs up Re: Resin: Can you smoke it?

Quote Originally Posted by dfw-guy View Post
    Bump bump this thread. I'm looking for an answer to this question and it seems we have some holes left to fill.
    First, why does resin get you high? Leftover THC? It makes sense when you think about it. Lets guess that .5% of the THC stays in resin. That would mean it takes 200 bowls to have enough resin to get you as high as 1 full bowl of bud. Seems about right to me.
    Second, Is it toxic? People say it is but marijuana has no toxins so where would the toxins come from? Now I do know that scientific studies have shown that marijuana contains 50% more cancerous tars than tobacco. I'm hoping that the THC level in resin is high enough to kill off those cancerous cells.
    The more I think about it the more resin sounds like hash. Really poor quality hash anyway. I don't know, does anyone have any input? Actual facts possibly? I know that facts are hard to come because we're not scientists, and real scientists aren't allowed to study it, but any input is appreciated
    On the 50% deal, please refer to the following link:

Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection - washingtonpost.com
    gracie likes this.

I smoke my resin regularly. After a large sack, and only one pipe, things can get clogged so I clean it out anyway.

I don't know about people saying it doesn't get you buzzed; hitting a resin bowl is like hitting a bowl of low-grade hash. It's generally more potent than the shit you smoked that created the resin in the first place.

It does have a tendancy to wear off a bit like Redbud in that it will give you a headache and possibly really bad cotton mouth. This, and it's horrible taste and messy nature are the only downfalls I am certain about. As for health ramifactions... Well, you're smoking GOOEY BLACK TAR SHIT. That gooey black tar shit is going into your lungs; that can't be good for you.

420 Member of the Month (Oct 10') TorturedSoul's Avatar
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
    Blog Entries

I recommend only smoking the resin you scraped out of your bowl if you can figure out a way to scrape your lungs afterwards.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil
    "At the end of the season of sorrows comes the time of rejoicing. Spring, like a well-oiled clock, noiselessly indicates this time." -Roger Zelazny

HELP by visiting our sponsors
    PARTICIPATE by reading, learning, & teaching in our forums
    DECIDE by voting in our contests

I've done it a few times when times get tough. I have a 3 foot zob that i'm about to scrape right now. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Smoking pipe resin is something I have done in times of desperate drought.

It usually goes along with smoking seeds and stems and looking through the spice cabinet for some household spice that incarcerated stoners smoke in prison.

It never seems to work, but it does keep me busy and hopeful until I can finally score some decent smoke.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.
    Blog Entries

<WARNING: Serious content ahead, lol. No offense intended.>

To me it's not a question of whether or not smoking resin will have an affect. It's loaded with CB*s and whatever THC condensed on the existing resin when the herb was being smoked.

I've seen some really addicted alcoholics drink all kinds of questionable (or just plain dangerous) stuff. It contained alcohol. It got them drunk. I always thought, "They drank THAT? As unhealthy as it is? Man... That's truly an addict. That person really ought to think about quitting. If they can."

Resin contains a fair amount of carcinogens. Not from the herb itself but from the incomplete combustion that takes place when it is burned. (I guess that vaporizer resin - if there is such a thing - would not have this problem.) That's bad. And I wasn't joking when I posted the comment about needing to scrape your lung tissue afterwards. Many people notice that their overall lung function is affected to some degree after smoking copious amounts of resin. Some even feel that their ability to enjoy smoking cannabis is compromised for the rest of the day or so. And then there's the headaches that many experience.

I hear about someone smoking it, I either think the person is a kid that just doesn't know any better yet... or that the person is really addicted and should think about quitting. If they can."

And yeah, I like to medicate and even just catch a buzz now and then. And I'm poor. You'd think I'd advocate a chance at a "free" stone.

You'd be wrong.
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil
    "At the end of the season of sorrows comes the time of rejoicing. Spring, like a well-oiled clock, noiselessly indicates this time." -Roger Zelazny

That strait up is not true, I smoked out of the same pipe for 2 years never scrapping it, i finally decided to give her a cleaning and removed 10 grams of the gunk. I didnt have to buy weed for a week! I was so stoned everyday i didn't even have the energy to get up and eat food i was starving. So i needed to finish this res and get to eating! So in the end yes you definitely can smoke it and you will be ripped.

Blog Entries

Welcome to 420Magazine, ImStoned.

Think nobody's arguing about whether or not smoking the stuff will produce an affect. Drinking 'shine made from old radiators and the like will produce an affect too. It's just not recommended for long-term health, lol.

BTW - You smoked for two years out of one pipe and didn't have to clean it out during the two years? Don't smoke much?
    Respectfully,
    Tortured Soul
    Apathy is evil

TorturedSoul - The allusion to similarities between dependency levels of a person who smokes resin on occasion to an alcoholic on moonshine was pretty ignorant of you. It's a little shocking actually. You're perception seems a little hazy - are you high? No of course not, because you would not have compared yourself to a fiend. You sound like a mom.

are you a mom?

...milf!? I'd dig that.

But yo for real, I honestly don't care, I'm fried. EZ

Would like to add my 2cents if i may:
    Take into account what has been said about resin (with exception of low THC content) THC content of resin, would depend on the THC content that the resin was produced from. I go to the medical dispensary here in Sacramento, CA and we have some of the finest products one can find. In las year alone, i hit over 139 different strains. Resin out of these buds, gets me BAKED with one hit. Only as last resort and in desperate time of need. Some of us actually do smoke for medicinal purpose, and dont have the option of "well ... wait a few days till you do have some buds" =) WRONG! the arm that has been re-attached, hurts NOW and doesn't come with a "mute" option.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast