Greetings 420 community!

DoctorDank

I thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce myself. I'm a new grower who has been studying the 420 forums for some time now. Now that I've started growing, I thought I should take the leap and register.

I absolutely love this forum. There are so many generous people who share their time and knowledge and it has been an invaluable resource for me. I hope to one day have enough experience and knowledge to give back to the 420 community.

I have started my grow with autos, specifically Dr Kripplings Bulk Smask Auto and I am now in week 7 of my grow. I have 2 plants, both in bubble buckets. I'm growing under 1000w LED in a Secret Jardin Twin T90 grow tent. I consider this grow a "test" grow to allow me to make mistakes, learn from them and apply those lesson to my next grow which I intend to be photoperiod plants.

I have made a ton of mistakes so far. I have burnt leaves by having the light too close and through over dosing on nutes. The temptation to experiment has been way too tempting and I have driven my PPMs to over 800 which for autos is way too high.

I am using Sensi grow and Sensi bloom, Flora Nectar PineappleRush and just started using General Hydroponics CalMag. The CalMag was unnecessary and I think adding it has pushed my PPMs overboard but I'm such a newb, I don't really know for sure. I also managed to drop my PH meter in one of the buckets today and it's now broken. Going well so far! LOL

I have purchased a grocell tent 1mx1m and intend to establish a perpetual grow. I have also purchased two 4 pot drip systems and intend to grow in a coco/perlite blend next grow. I have already got the seeds and planning on growing Bulk Smash, LSD, Green Crack and Durban Poison. I have read enough to know that I'm better off growing 1 strain at a time but I'm desperately in need of some variety. Where I'm from, getting hold of specific varieties is rare and if you can manage to find them, sellers charge a massive premium so I thought I'd take the chance.

I'll definitely be starting a grow journal for that grow as I know I'll need plenty of help. Thanks for having me and I look forward to getting more involved here.:thanks:

Thanks for the welcome Sneakygreen. Someone once told me that you learn more from your mistakes than your successes and I'm taking that to heart with this grow!

Welcome to the community Dr.dank, it's a great place to share the experience. So many wonderful members Here just itching to help a brother out. So thanks for sharing! Let us know when that journal is up and running. Till then...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks Snidrajsed! My Grocell tent rocked up today so I'll get it set up sometime this week and get the journal going the week after. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the welcome Rifleman and OlderGrower.

I've done a lot research on strains and those 4 offer some serious variety. I'm most excited about the Durban Poison, it's the only one of the 4 I've tried. I've smoked Durban in Durban with my South African brother in law and it was the most different weed I've ever smoked. I'd never tried a sativa until then and I've wanted to try again ever since.

I have my perpetual system set up but I'm tossing up planting my other 4 auto seeds first. I'm afraid if I don't do them first, I'll never use them as I'll be cloning the photoperiods.

I have 3 AutoUltimates from Dutch Passions and 1 Blue Cheese from Barneys Farm. The two Bulk Smash Autos look like they still have a few weeks to go and I've moved them into the flowering tent (GroCell 1mx1m).

So the plan knocking around in my head at the moment is to start the other 4 autos off in the Secret Jardin T90 then in 2-3 weeks when the Bulk Smash are done, move the AutoUltimates and Blue Cheese into the flower room and use the T90 as my drying room. While they're drying in top chamber, I'll get the photoperiods going in the cloning chamber and by the time the Bulk Smash is dry, they should be ready to move to the veg chamber. I'll then veg for 3-4 weeks.
If my timing is right, the next round of Autos should be ready for harvest at which point, I'll take clones from the photos and move them to the flower room while again using the veg chamber as a drying room while the clones take root in the cloning chamber.
The only problem I see with this plan is that once I move those clones to the veg room, they'll be vegging quite a while (almost 2 months) but I thought it would be good chance to experiment with various training methods such as topping and LST.
I would love the opinion of some experienced growers before I implement this plan. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here's the current set up. Sorry about the photos, the space I have the tents in is tight and it's difficult to get a good shot.

GroCell 1m X 1m
420-magazine-mobile2101511655.jpg

Secret Jardin T90 Veg Chamber
420-magazine-mobile782455315.jpg

Secret Jardin Clone Chamber
420-magazine-mobile33706664.jpg

Ok, so I've decided to go with the plan and I've just popped the seeds into the rapid rooters. I'll get the grow journal going once I have germination.

I've been debating it endlessly in my mind I figured that if there was a chance I wouldn't use the auto seeds then I better grow them now. I hate waste and those seeds ain't cheap!

Hey Doc, welcome :) Hope you stick around and have lots of fun and new learning experiences ;)

One thing i noticed, your pictures dont have 420 logo on them so im wondering if you uploaded them from 420 gallery or some other source? (im asking because recently i made that mistake xD for your own safety and the safety of the site they have to be uploaded to gallery first, here is the link on how to: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos )

Thanks for welcome LittleCat and the heads up. I uploaded the photos via the 420 app. What's the safety concern of using the app to upload rather than the gallery?

I might use the gallery just in case then. Thanks for the heads up.

I have to say, the 420 community is the most welcoming I've experienced. It's so nice to interact with people who are just helpful, encouraging and generally nice. Why can't the real world be like this?

Back
Top Bottom