My first outdoor grow - bagseed

paynefreak2

Hello all!
This is not my first time growing however it is the first time i've tried growing outside. As of now I have 6 seeds sprouted in cups and are currently on their 4th day of growth. The soil I have them in is african violet potting mix but they will only be in these cups for about another week or 2 before they go outside. It's currently to cold outside to plant so i'm waiting. I would be growin inside but I don't have any place to grow right now.

grow_op_2.jpg

^My current setup to get my babies goin includes: 3 cfl's, 1 23watt and 2 13watt, I also have a 15watt t8 grow light just for added light. They are in a 1.5ft X 1.5ft X 2ft box in my bedroom closet. I use an electric thermometer and it usually stays around 78-82F with the lid closed.

grow_op_3.jpg

^They are stretching a little bit and I'm thinking about lowering the lights down but i'm going to wait a day and see how they look. I had just put them in there so I want to see how they do. What do you guys think? Any advice/critcism is welcome. I want to grow em right, thanks :ganjamon:

update: I took out the t8 bulb. The temp was reading just above 90 so i'm just going to stick with the 3 cfl's for now and check the temp again in the morning. I'm currently running 24/0 cycle until I transplant them so I can get some growth. I've only been watering when water is needed. I just hope when I move em outside that they won't be eaten by deer.

I would try to get the lights closer, since they are stretching a bit. The more light the better. Any way you could add some ventilation or fan to lower temps? Add some more soil to the cups for support.

Thanks fox, I added more soil and lowered the light a bit. I would keep the other light in there if i could find a way to get some venting in there. I'll try to figure something out in the morning and post back.

Since your not gonna keep them in there and your having some heat issues why dont you buy a lil 4inch fan for now, they are like 6 bucks at walmart i think it would help some, good luck with your grow!

I had the same problem payne i wouldnt know how to hook up those ac fans so i was like the heck with this and just bought those lil fans i was telling you about but ill stay posted

I know exactly which fan you are talking about. It puts out good air, but it doesn't rotate, so with a little craftsmanship you make it into a decent little exhaust fan.

I have mine in my veg room. It does the job. But as soon as I find out what the sex of the plant is I'm going to take that fan and use it for exhaust.

Sorry I haven't posted back in a few days. I've been upnorth for easter so I just left the light on for the little ones and watered them before I left. Sad news is that one of them died from the light being to close :( I readjusted the light so everything is good now. I still need to get a fan in that box but it's starting to get warm outside so I may just go without it.

I do have good news though, I germinated 4 more chron seeds and they are ready to go in to cups as well. I have no idea which strain they are but I know it's somethin good cause these were only 4 seeds to come out of my friends dank 6 gram nug. I planted one of em in a cup to replace the dead plant, and I should have the other 3 in cups tomorrow.

Up north? You Canadian? Good luck with the outdoor grow hope yours turns out as good as I expect mine too.

Damn straight buyin weed is never fun but growin and smokin it is. Good luck I'm lookin forward to havin white widow, white rhino, lemon skunk, super silver haze, big bang and cough next year it'll mean no more buyin weed for me and i'll turn the leaves into hash and oil just to recycle lol.

Sorry to hear about your one loss, and yeah i think that growing it yourself has more meaning in the end and makes it alot way better when smoking. Because you know that you put your hard work and dedication into the plant.

I hope my 4 unknown kron seed are all females. If my 5 bagseed turn out to be males i'm not worried because I have a bunch more. I can not wait to smoke these babies. I've smoked organic outdoor purps before and that's up there on my top 5.

Don't get your hopes up and expect all females try asking some friends if they know anyone with clones if your lookin just for personal head stash you should get alot off of a couple clones outdoors because I've seen some plants top the scales a almost 5 pounds outdoors the sun is the most powerful and affordable grow light.

Yeah I had a friend who grew outdoors and had 3 female plants. He got a little over 3 pounds in final weight after drying. It was some prime bud to. Not getting my hopes up on the chron seeds tho, I just want to have a few plants that fill out. If they are female, I'll be very happy, but if not o well. I have more bagseed anyway.

Back
Top Bottom