Hello All, Long Time No Comms From Me, Here's The Scuttlebut!

After A Partial Journal In 2013, And A Non Existent One In @014, I Suppose Most Folks Have Chalked Lord Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch JamesTheGreen To The Dust Pile Of History. And In Truth I Do Not Blame You:thedoubletake:!!! I Have Been Caring For My Yarrow Now Non-Stop For Several Years,But The Last Two Have Been The Worst!!! Hospital Stays,That Run Into Months At The Hospital,If It Were Not For The Stanford In Patient Family Apartments,I Would Be Suffering Worse Financially Than We Already Are. Yarrow Finally Got Put Back On Her TPN Nutrition Fluid,That The Well Intended Local Doctor Took From Her For A Whole Year,Because He Thought It Was Causing Her To Clot,Well He Was Wrong.Yarrow Basically Starved To Death For An Entire Year,As They Tried Various Things,Like An NG Tube(FROM HER NOSE TO DUODENUM,PURPOSEFULLY BY PASSING HER STOMACH.) This Worked For About 2.5 Months,Then It Slipped Up Into Her Stomach,And They Tried Three Different Times To Place It,And Have It Stay.The Time That It Lasted 2.5 Months They Used A French 12-55,The Last Three Times They Did It,Each Time They Gave The Wrong Size,I Was,Shall We Say, Extremely Hot Under The Collar About This,But What Can You Do?!?! After The Third Time,They Declared Her Unable Because Of All The Surgical Damage To He Insides,Impossible To Keep An NG Tube Placed. At This Point they Told Us She Would Be Dead By July Of 2014. Then Lo And Behold,They Find Out That Her Local Doctor Had Pulled Her from Her TPN, Because Of An Unfounded Theory That It Was Causing Clots.The Doctors At Stanford Were Extremely Angered And Surprised That This Had Been Done, As TPN Does Not,They Say,Cause Clotting!!! She Was Put Back On TPN Immediately,It Saved Her Life!!! Now Because She Has A Central Line With 2 Lumens,It Is Very Hard To Make Sure Everything Stays Sterile As Possible,I Do As Well As I Can With This,Even The nurses That Come Once A Week To Clean And Cover Her Main Line,Sometimes Have Me Telling Them When They Are Not Doing Something Right. I Am Not Rude, I Just Help Them Remember The Steps They Have Forgotten. Yarrow Cannot Eat Without Throwing Up Within An Hour Or So. Water,Juice,Milk,Food, It All Comes Back Up. Unusually Her Meds Do Not, The Doctors Believe That This Is Because Her Body Does Not See This As Food And Sends It Through?!?! Makes No Sense To Me. So Yarrow Weighs Between 98-106 Pounds And Is 5ft8,They Just Upped Her Calories,So I Am Hopeful That She Will Gain Weight. We Just Spent 4 days In The Hospital Because During A Culture Of Her Line They Found A Yeast Infection In It,Which Can Lead To Endocarditis, Which Is What Almost Killed Her Over The Past Couple Of Years,That Was Why They Pulled Her Central Line Which She Had Had For 3 Years,And Because Of A Doctors Own Theory They Did Not Place A New One In,So She Literally Starved Down To Nothing,But The Endocarditis Was Causing Growths In Her Heart,Brain And Spleen.We Were So Thankful When We Found We Had Wiped This Out. She Has Been Back On TPN For About 4 Months Solid Now.They Had To Pull Another Of Her Central Lines Back In The Summer,Because Of Yeast,So We Are Hoping We Caught It Early Enough This Time To Save The Line And Defeat The Yeast Before It Morphs Into Endocarditis. I Know,Alot Of Stuff NOT About Herb,SORRY!!! Now About Herb, I Have Started 5 Strains 100 Seeds, For This Years Hopefully, Only Me Working On, Garden,With No Problems With Yarrow Having To Stay In The Hospital,Even If This Happens, I Will Force My Self To Come Home Then Hurry Back,And Be The Only Caretaker Of MY GARDEN AND YARROWS. I Planted My Kush Strain(OF COURSE!!!) And A Few Others I Have Grown Before Awhile Ago, And One I Have Never Grow,Actually 2.The New Plants Are 1.3G X F..king Incredible(GROWN LONG AGO),DUBBLE BUBBLE(Never Grown)Atomic Shiva(GROWN LONG AGO,BUT GREAT SMOKE!!!) And Texada Timewarp(NEVER GROWN),But I Have Heard Only Good Things About The Dubble Bubble, And Especially The Texada Timewarp. I Just Hope The Dubble Bubble Finishes Early Enough!!! As Soon As I Move The Children Out Doors, I Will Start A Photo Journal:high-five:!!! Hopefully Yarrow Will Stay Static,Or Get Better Is My First Choice!!! So I just Wanted To Do An Update,And If Her Health Does Not Do Well, I Will Still Endeavor To Take Pictures And Find Time For "The 2015 James And Yarrow Garden Journal." If I Have Lapses Every Now And Then,Just Remember That I Have A Sick Wife,But I'll Continue To Make Every Attempt To Keep The Journal At Least Somewhat Up To Date. I Miss You All, It Has Been Far Too Long That I Have Been Away From The Realm,Please Know That Amongst Many Of You,My Heart Rests!!! LOVE YOU, LORD COMMANDER OF THE 420 KNIGHTS WATCH, JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:!!!

Re: Hello All,LONG TIME NO COMMS FROM ME,HERES THE SCUTTLEBUT!!!

Welcome back, James :passitleft:

Very Cool... That sounded for the most part, good! I look forward to your garden

Wow Buck, Looks Like You Have Won Every Award On Here. I Am So Happy For You:high-five:!!! I Just Put The Beans,Sprouted Beans, Out Under My Fluorescent Lights,I Keep The Lights About .5-1 Inch From The Tops.That Is What Fluoros Do Best,Keep Them Close To Your Tops,So The Plant Stays Short And Stout. When I Transplant Them After 2-3 Weeks To The Outside Into 3 Gallon Containers,They Take Off Into The Sun,Yet Keep Their Squat Stature,To A Point. I Am Rambling, So Till We Read Again,Lord Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch, JamesTheGreen:thumb:!!! P.S. Use Regular 4ft Shop Lights,Make Sure The Lights Are In The Bluer Spectrum, Just Regular Shoplights.And Hang Them From Wherever You Are Growing,I Use 8 4ft Shop Lights And Arrange Them Side By Side,Making Them Touch,Just Barely,And You Should Be Able To Keep Them Short Stout And Strong,Moving/RAISING The Lights When Needed.Enough Of This , I Am Rambling Again. Thank You, SINCERELY James The Green. Oh Yeah The Blue Spectrum Of Lights Helps To Provide More Female Plants,Not Sure Why It Does This?!?! But It Does Still The Same. Good Bye, JTG!!!

Well James , that's great that they got her back on what she needs .... some doc's make you wonder how they got through med school. You guys just keep on keeping on & know if need to vent some of us are all way here ( lately I've been more out then in...LOL ) :peace:

Hey there James. Long time since I have been here. Sorry to hear about the medical issues you are facing. Hope things are better.

Yarrow Had Failed Surgery For Her Condition, Doctor Says That He Wishes That He Had Never Opened Her Up. It Was Supposed To Be A Simple 1 Hour Laproscope Surgery, That Turned Into A 4 Hour Nail Biter For The Doctors, They Wound Up Having To Open Her Up From Breastbone To Pubes, So They Could Manipulate Her Intestines And Remove As Much Of The Scarring That Was Present. We Have Been Down There Since The 6th Of July, Yarrow Spent Her 39th B-Day Literally Screaming And Crying In Pain!!! And If You Do Not Know Yarrow, For Her To Act, Or I Should Say Be That Way, Her Pain Level Must Be 10 Times Higher Than The 10 On The Pain Level Scale. She May Not Come Home As Her Wounds Now Have Very Little Way Of Healing, The Doctor Told Us That She Would NEVER Again Be Able To Take Any Food Or Fluids Into Her Body. We Have Not Told Her This Yet, Although I Would Have But My Mother In Law Asked Me Not Too. Yarrow And I Always Had An Agreement That If One Of Us Was On The Hospital Bed Dying, We Would Not Hide It From One Another. I Am In A Really Awkward Position, As Her Mom(ME TOO), Feel That If She Knows The Truth, She Will Give Up On Life, And Fighting For It. But If The Only Way She Will Ever Feed Again Is Through A Central Line Attached To Her Heart, That Provides Her With The Formulairy Called TPN, That Is ALL That Is Keeping Her Alive ATM, And The Amount Of Suffering She Is Enduring, Maybe Enough Is Enough, I Just Do Not Know. I Destroyed My Garden(SORRY), But There Is No Way For Me To Be In 2 Places At The Same Time. Family Is And Has Always Been There To Help Out, But This Year I Thought It Best To Just Not Ask Them For Help, As It Would Not Be MY Garden Anyways, I Just Would Not Be Around Enough, Nor Have The Mental Fortitude For It, I Know, And This Coming From A MARINE. I Am So Sorry To All Of You, I Feel Like I Have Been Full Of S.it By Not Having And Keeping A Garden Going, And This Has Now Been Happening For The Past Few Years. I'll Never Talk About My Garden Again, Unless I Really Have One Going, That I Am The Arbiter, And Servant Of, As Well!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!! Lord Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch, Ser JamesTheGreen.

James and Yarrow,
After not hearing from you in such a long time, was hoping for good news. So sorry to hear of Yarrow`s suffering. It sounds hollow, but if there is anything I, or we can do, say the word. Got your back, Lord Commander of the 420 Knights Watch.

I speak for myself and others here, that we all stand behind you with a hand on your shoulder, stay strong, for all involved. We will pray for you both here.

Thank you, James, for taking the time to check in with us.

My gut reaction to your predicament is to be true to your word and partner. You have to talk to Yarrow, tell her the truth and share your concerns (as well as your Mother-in-Laws).

A garden can be started and maintained anytime, except this time. This time is yours and Yarrows.

My thoughts and prays are with you and Yarrow everyday.

It's been 7 months since we had heard from James, so I dropped him a PM yesterday hoping it would email him. He did get the PM and checked in. Yarrow is still with him, holding on like the trooper she is. Between hospital stays and nefarious acts of others (read thieves and vandals) they have not been able to maintain a garden.

He did post an update in a dead thread about mold last night...

Need some opinions on slight fungus issue - pics

Just wanted to keep anyone else in the loop.

:circle-of-love:

James! We love to hear from you good news or bad.

Bad news

Damn dude I am so sorry to hear the way things are. Of course I am sending my prayers. It seems so small against such pain and suffering but I hope in some tiny way it helps.

I am still on the green side myself. I had some heart issues and escaped the "big one" with a stint delivered through my wrist. I have been hit or miss since then but still growing.

I hope that you can grow again soon.

Buck

Always A WISE Reply From You As Always Buck!!!:high-five:!!! You Are My Guardian As Well As Friend, I Hope That I Am The Same For You, I'll Always Defer To You Buck, As I Believe YOU To Be My Elder, Plus An Ex-Marine(SEMPER-FI), If I Am Wrong About This, A Kick In The .ss Is Fine!!! We Love You And Yours Buck, I Believe You Have Read My Other New Posts, So I Suppose You Know All About Yarrow And The Continuing Travesties, Savings Depleted,Finances ALMOST Wrecked, Took A Lot Of My Own Searching And Brain Power, I Figured Out How, To Just Stay Ahead Of The Curve, By The Grace Of God Only I Believe. Know You Are Loved My Friend, Wrire Anytime, If I Am Home, I Will Answer. I Can Still Answer Questions, At Least. Over 20 Years Of Outdoor Knowledge Here, Of Every Strain From, Kushes,Afghanis,Africans,Mexicans,Colombians,Local Stuff I.E. Hybrids(SKUNK,SWEET SKUNK, OUR REGULAR SKUNK HAS NO SWEETNESS ALMOST AT ALL, IT IS DEF A VERY STRONG SKUNKY FLAVOR, I NOTICE THAT OTHER AREAS OF THE WORLD, THEIR SKUNK TENDS TO BE SWEETER, , ONLY IN CALIFORNIA DO I KNOW, OR HAVE SEEN OUR SKUNKY SKUNK, JUST TALKING!!!), But Yes It Truly Looks That I Will Not Be A Farmer, Mayhap Ever Again?!?! Cannot Allow THAT To Happen, But Must Live With The Results Of Stopping,
And Roll With Them, In Love And Utmost Respect, JamesTheGreen.:thumb:!!!

Back
Top Bottom