10,000 Lumens

Vercingetorix

Has anyone managed to achieve this degree of light intensity at the canopy without heat issues or burning?

I am currently running 600W Optilume HPS on Digital Ballast, Adjust A Wings Reflector. At 12-14 inches inches from the canopy, I am able to produce no more than 5,000 - 6,000 lumens while maintaining temperature at appropriate range. These readings are taken from a light meter. If I move the bulb any closer it would scorch the plant.

I've come to the conclusion its impossible to produce 10,000 lumens at the canopy without encountering heat problems. I am hoping someone might prove me wrong here. A number of books and other materials (including contributers to these forums) suggest 10,000 lumens is ideal during flowering. I don't see how . . . someone enlighten me please!

Light movers allow you to decrease plant to light distance. My 1k's are about six inches above the tops. Don't know what the lumens are, though.

But then, that isn't continuous, so maybe the "lumen per hour" rate (?) isn't any better.

Sorry, this GDP may have an influence on my observations....

Thats really close! I've never come closer than one foot before encoutering heat issues, with or without the spread. And my AC kicks ass. I have used superspreaders before but found they create a dark spot directly beneath the bulb. I have confirmed this with a lumen meter - the luminosity is greatly reduced. What kind of bulb are you using? What temps do you run at the canopy?

Are your 1Ks air cooled? Several tests with a lumen meter suggests an HID light loses 20 percent of its lumonisity as it penetrates the glass. Regardless, you must be getting mad lumens. 6'' is damn close. Although that does fluctuate from 6'' on up.

I am suprised NO ONE has conducted tests with a lumen meter and has successfully managed to run thier garden at a confirmed 7,000-10,000 lumens??? Someone out there must have managed to create the ideal indoor lighting environement for our favorite plant!

What kind of bulb are you using? What temps do you run at the canopy?

Hortilux Super HPS.....currently hitting max temps at canopy of 85° F.

Back
Top Bottom