Is a 10 day flush enough?

Joebob69

I have been flushing my auto(northern lights) for 10 days now. Is this sufficient enough? I'm not sure I will have time to harvest next week so I was going to go ahead and do it now..what do you think? Thanks!

Quick question before I answer you my opinion,
When you say yu flushed for 10 days now I am assuming you used only water for the last ten days and only used the same amount of water that you normally use when watering, correct? or did you actually flush the plants by running a minimum of 3 times the volume of the pot with water and preferably 5 times the volume?

How did you flush?
What nutrients have you been using?
What's the medium?

Sorry I wasn't more clear... Northern lights in soil using gh trio nutes. And yes I meant I've been flushing for 10 days water only no nutes, giving it the normal amount of water i have been giving it everyday.. Hope this clears it up a little! Thanks

Sorry I wasn't more clear... Northern lights in soil using gh trio nutes. And yes I meant I've been flushing for 10 days water only no nutes, giving it the normal amount of water i have been giving it everyday.. Hope this clears it up a little! Thanks

I would perform a full flush (water 3x the volume of the pot). Then wait 7 more days before you chop it down to get the best taste out of it (5 would probably do it since you've been using plain water for ten days now). If you don't care about the taste, you could probably just chop it in a day or three.

I would perform a full flush (water 3x the volume of the pot). Then wait 7 more days before you chop it down to get the best taste out of it (5 would probably do it since you've been using plain water for ten days now). If you don't care about the taste, you could probably just chop it in a day or three.
I am in agreement with the above, though I prefer to use up to 5 times the volume, but if you have a PPM meter you could just get the reading of the water exiting the pot and stop when you are down to an executable level.

I agree with the above but will add one thing I assume is PHed water read the ph and ppm of the waist water and as you flush it will go down in time you will find your pattern. I have found that no body waters the same and the ppm of the waist water will help you to learn also the PH will be high in the beginning then go down on the 3rd or 4th day.

If been using phosporic acid as ph down during grow, would it help taste to switch to citric acid or lemon juice during flush?

Citric acid over the juices if bought at a store lemon juice is not all that is in it. Even if it says 100% juice they add additives they don't mention preservative. Phosporic acid has no additives that I no of.

The reason I say the chemicals and not juice if you have the odd not known chemical then after the chop you cut root ball in half with the dirt still there you will see precipitated crystals of salt that your flush will not dissolve. I have seen this with honey and raw sugar if it's raw honey is ok, but if processed it will happen. There might be others who will say they are harmless they said that about ddt and agent orange. Learn to read the after chop roots and your plants will be better for it.

Back
Top Bottom