1000 watt HPS and metal Halide

RDWC is a very miss used term and does not by any means imply that you have a single res system with many sites. If you google RDWC you mostly find stuff that is not RDWC. Most people using the term are not fully aware of what it means and are calling something RDWC because the nutrient solution is being recirculated...but that does not mean it is an RDWC. RDWC is a specific type of recirculation and is most commonly done in a single site bucket.

You can do an RDWC with a single site res by ganging the buckets together and that makes it easier to deal with. However you then need understand that all the plants in the system have to be on the same life cycle. Preferably the same strain. This is because they all get the same nute solution. in order to keep them all happy they must be having the same needs. It complicates things to run a sativa and an indica in the same res when the life cycle is 4 weeks different. Do you start to shut down bloom nutes too early to not burn the indica or do you shut it down right for the indica and make the sativa suffer and be weak?

All ganged systems are intended to run clones of the same strain at the same age so you run a solution optimized for all the plants. It is much easier to deal with but at the same time you gotta crawl before you walk. I stress this often and I say for beginners to go with single site solutions so when they screw up the one plant the others don't suffer. Start small with just 2-4 plants running single buckets and learn about the process. This way you can run from seed and if they sprout a week apart it aint no thang.

Once you know about a lot of things I wont list here and know how to run a good stable living solution you can start ganging those together (yes the same buckets can then be retrofitted into a system) and start running clones together.

Recirculation in terms of Hydro specifically means reintroducing the nutrient solution to the top of the res. The history on this is nutrients in the solution are heavy. If you do not do something then they will all settle on the bottom of the res and the res will have issues. So you pump from the bottom of the res to the top of the res.

I splained it all once here with links and videos...(wow in 2 days that was a year ago...)

Rdwc nutes questions

RDWC is a very miss used term and does not by any means imply that you have a single res system with many sites. If you google RDWC you mostly find stuff that is not RDWC. Most people using the term are not fully aware of what it means and are calling something RDWC because the nutrient solution is being recirculated...but that does not mean it is an RDWC. RDWC is a specific type of recirculation and is most commonly done in a single site bucket.

You can do an RWC with a single site res by ganging the buckets together and that makes it easier to deal with. However you then need understand that all the plants in the system have to be on the same life cycle. Preferably the same strain. This is because they all get the same nute solution. in order to keep them all happy they must be having the same needs. It complicates things to run a sativa and an indica in the same res when the life cycle is 4 weeks different. Do you start to shut down bloom nutes too early to not burn the indica or do you shut it down right for the indica and make the sativa suffer and be weak?

All ganged systems are intended to run clones of the same strain at the same age so you run a solution optimized for all the plants. It is much easier to deal with but at the same time you gotta crawl before you walk. I stress this often and I say for beginners to go with single site solutions so when they screw up the one plant the others don't suffer. Start small with just 2-4 plants running single buckets and learn about the process. This way you can run from seed and if they sprout a week apart it aint no thang.

Once you know about a lot of things I wont list here and know how to run a good stable living solution you can start ganging those together (yes the same buckets can then be retrofitted into a system) and start running clones together.

Recirculation in terms of Hydro specifically means reintroducing the nutrient solution to the top of the res. The history on this is nutrients in the solution are heavy. If you do not do something then they will all settle on the bottom of the res and the res will have issues. So you pump from the bottom of the res to the top of the res.

I splained it all once here with links and videos...(wow in 2 days that was a year ago...)

Rdwc nutes questions

Thanks for that nugget of info villageidiot! I guess I was miss-informed. my buckets are just chained together with a 1100 gph pump pulling from the res feeding at the top of all the bucket. so I guess I don't know what it's called. I thought it was RDWC becaus the nutiants solution s being circulated by the pump feeding the buckets and also by the airstones I have in both the res. and buckets. and it is defanetly a deep water system. hinting why I thought it was a RDWC.

I had no idea it only speaks to the res it's self. I had never even heard this explained. which is crazy because I thought after a few months of reserched and everyone saying the same thing I had a good understanding? o well what ever it is called it works fantastically! I'll just refer to it as a a DWC hybrid or something. because it is by no means a Plain DWC. not that there is anything wrong with them.

as for the plants In the system I agree. it would be much easyer with clones from the same mom. but you can do it with multiple stains or multiple pheno types as long as they are relitivly simular. as stated by VilliageIdiot. do I recommend it No. did I do it Yes. which is why I picked strains that flower in about the same time frame + or minus 1 week. it's my fist time so I wasn't really too concerned with multiple strains. because I am unsure if I even want them as mothers. just trying as much out as possible so I can pick a mom and run all from 1 plant. it was more important for my situation to maintain the ease of maintenance and upkeep. my kids are young and are a hand full the whole time. my wife would not be able to maintain 6+ individual buckets with the kids!

that is what I love about this plant. you can still grow them in less than ideal situations and still be able to pull a good yeild as long as they are not too out of wack! you see it all the time! you also see people fail miserably. but that's the beauty in both situations there is something to learn and share!

Naw what you have is RDWC. You are pulling the nute solution from the bottom of the sites and reintroducing it to the top of the buckets right? That is "recirculating the nutes" from the bottom to the top. The "re-circulation" is in reference to the nutes not the water. It doesn't matter that it goes elsewhere to an external epicenter first. The point is it is not stagnant like in DWC.

The biggest confusion is people call Undercurrent systems RDWC but they are Undercurrent systems. If they were RDWC we wouldn't call them UC. UC is keeping all of the action at the bottom of the sites. It is effectively NFT on crack.

If the way the nutrient solution is introduced to the sites is at the top like a top drip or and Aero spray AND the way you extract it from the sites is by removing the nutrient rich solution from the bottom of the site bucket then you are recirculating the nutes from the bottom of the res to the top.

I just get anal about this because it matters. The 2 systems totally work differently and can have different issues. There are many types and combos as well. I have seen a top drip Recirculating flood and drain system. Each of those words means something.

I plan to make an areo recirculating gravity return system next with 2 buckets to start with and when I get it worked out expand to 4.

But each of the words actually mean something and people use them wrong all the time and I have no idea how to diagnose the problem. So I need pics and explanations.

woot woot! just noticed this conversation just put me over the 50 post mark. now I am able to PM people!. when I get home I'll be sending you some PMS with so pics so you can help walk me through some things!

Baby steps are the best advice I can give you. Don't try and buy your way to a professional grow. Learn how hydro works first...more importantly learn how cannabis works first.

DE is a Double Ended bulb. It is a newer technology about 15 years old I think. I don't know how long they have been used in growing...maybe 6 or so? SE stands for single ended and is what most people are still using.

DE bulbs are much more efficient so they will put out a lot more light for the same wattage so you get much bigger better plants for the same cost. They also last a lot longer...more than twice as long. So even though the bulb is more expensive you get a lot longer life out of it. They also run a bit hotter so you gotta compensate for that. But a 1000W DE bulb requires safety sunglasses because it will burn your eyes it is that bright.

I have to run...tonight I will get back on here and recommend a beginners hydro setup. It will be a basic DWC bucket. No ganging them up until you have a good method and are running clones.

Fantastic! thanks so much :)

Mat-Su valley is the closest I wanna say online. hope you understand. nothing against you but Alaska is a small place if you know what I mean!

Be careful guys. It is a violation of site policy to hook up on here for many reasons. Stop that talk now before you get banned.

I have let it know where I live (roughly) but it is legal in my state to grow so the cops can come to my front door and I will show them my grow. But never try to connect on here.

Be careful guys. It is a violation of site policy to hook up on here for many reasons. Stop that talk now before you get banned.

I have let it know where I live (roughly) but it is legal in my state to grow so the cops can come to my front door and I will show them my grow. But never try to connect on here.

whoops, my bad! point taken.
Is it safe to assume that an aeroponic system uses less water than a hydroponic system? I've been researching aeroponics and that is equally interesting, although more parts are involved..

no doubt! I understand this and will be in no way hooking up with anybody. that's why I said Mat-Su valley. it covers an area larger than most other states in the country!
once again thanks for this I didn't know how to bring this up withought being rude so I appreciate the help with that! + rep to you good sir!

Back
Top Bottom