1000W LED Small Closet Grow 3'x2'x6' First Grow

Pbear77

Hey growers and stoners I wanted to start by saying thank you for this opportunity of information and methods to come with this site. This is my first grow of my life and I'd love to share and see what people think. My genetics are a bit of a crap shoot for the matter of growing hermied seeds from weed I've bought from dispensaries in my area but I just wanted to get my feet wet on almost free seeds before i invest into some tride and true strains. I am already a month into this grow but I will get as much info as I can remember added. Thanks for reading this if you did any help is appreciated.

Growing space
2'x3'x6' (closet)

Lights 18/6schedule
Started seedlings under single tube t5 6500kHO
1000w kingled daul chips full spectrum, this will be used in veg and flower for me.(2' above tallest plant)
20181116_212054.jpg
20181118_200436.jpg
20181121_221755.jpg
20181128_183324.jpg
20181201_213224.jpg
20181202_191356.jpg
20181210_165639.jpg
20181210_165524.jpg
20181211_105350.jpg

Soil/medium
2"x2''Rockwool cube for germination
Roots organic original

Nutrients
Fox farms grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom.
Cal+mag

Strains
4Sour tangie (possibly crocket farms)
1OGKB Stardawg
1Lucky charms

Temps/humidity
Running temp 77-81°f
Night temp 75-77°f
Humidity 30-40%

Ph
6.2-6.8 soil

Seeds touched water on the 12 of November. I started all seeds in rockwool cube until tap root showed, then moved to small nursery pots, and final homes are 1.5 gallon pots all with roots organic original soil. Only have watered with declorianted(just left a jug out for 3 days) tap water with a ph of 6.3, no nutrients and a ppm of 150. First and only liquid nutrients I've added so far has been a 1/4 dose of cal+mag and grow big just this past watering due to yellowing in between leaf veins. Everything has been moving along okay to my virgin eyes minus a bit of taco'n leaves from heat to my knowledge. Any suggestions or comments are much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20181210_165524.jpg
    20181210_165524.jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 168
Everything is still moving along well, with the limited space I have I'm thinking of flipping to flower on Monday to avoid having a fucking jungle in this little closet. Ladies seem to be loving the light tho, havent really had any stretching, lots of undergrowth happening every day now.

Attachments

• 20181213_092416.jpg
    20181213_092416.jpg
    697.1 KB · Views: 189
Alrighty nice and buzzed and have some happy plants, time to update da grow. I ended up flipping to 12/12 last night because I needed to water them, and tossed in a small dose of big bloom to get them going strong into flower in my mind. And this morning they've showed me sex and I'm almost positive I have all females!! Which I didn't expect at all to pop 6 seeds and score 6 females, I know the ride is no where near over yet but I'm am a happy father! My soil ph is getting a little sketchy(creeping around 7.2) but I think I can move it back without to much negative damage. Everything is heavy green and growing each day so the ph doesn't seem to bothering them too much. Had a little burn happen on some undergrowth due to a droplet I didn't wipe off when watering(now I know that happens fast). Now for some pictures. The alone pictured plant is one of the sour tangie's that's been outgrowing her sisters.
20181216_165030.jpg
20181216_165049.jpg
20181216_165402.jpg
20181216_170234.jpg
20181216_170315.jpg

They're looking good. That's some sweetluck man if all 6 are female. I'm down 1 of my 4 so far being male

That's what I was thinking, I honestly expected 2 not even to make it past germination due to being so old let alone score 6 girls. I've got a horse shoe up my ass it seems. I was thinking since these seeds came from commercial grown weed the possibility of their being a Male left to pollinate the harvest wouldn't even be heard of. So in that sense would these be feminized seeds? My thinking is the seeds are from a stressed or over grown female, and that's were my odds are coming from.

Update time
Watered all the girls today with pure water at a ph of 6.2, I tested my run off and was getting a reading of 6.0 so my ph problem from before has definitely leveled back since last watering. All plants have been growing steadily every day so far and spent some time getting some pre flower shots today. I am positive on the 4 sour tangie's being females thanks to white hairs shooting outward. The ogkb Stardawg and lucky charms haven't shot out hairs yet but the shape looks just like the tangie did before spitting hairs, so I'm pretty confident they are females. Just got some dna genetics white walker kush fems that are burning a whole in my mind of possibilities for the next grow. I need to settle down tho I have so much ahead till i have a head stash. Time for a picture dump!
20181219_144623.jpg
20181219_144611.jpg
20181219_144602.jpg
20181219_143959.jpg
20181219_143956.jpg
20181219_143952.jpg
20181219_143920.jpg
20181219_143847.jpg
20181219_143811.jpg
20181219_142257.jpg

Ended up having to water the ogkb stardawg and lucky charms this morning due to some wilting and tossed in a 1/2dose of big bloom and 1/2dose of cal mag and within 2 hours they already perked right back up! Its seeming that these two plants are more thirsty than their sisters, the sour tangie's have been killing it with drought conditions, I've been waiting for them to show me they're thirsty but even when the pot is dead dry they stay perked up, fine by me saves me some water. Still haven't seen any severve nutrient burns just the slightest yellowing on some tips but I'm still just tiptoeing the nutes in to be safe as possible. Caught some natural lighted shots and love how green they are! Still have no pests minus a few gnats from top soil being a bit to wet from what I've read on others grows, but I've worked on really not watering until pots are almost completely dry or if plants ask for moisture. Also moved a fan to hit just the top soil and haven't seen anymore gnats for the last 2 days!
20181221_143407.jpg
20181221_143319.jpg
20181221_143056.jpg
20181221_143412.jpg

Attachments

• 20181221_143407.jpg
    20181221_143407.jpg
    741.7 KB · Views: 156
You're off to a good start, Brother! You're gonna need to flip those fairly quickly to not outgrow your space and those small pots.

They're looking good. That's some sweetluck man if all 6 are female. I'm down 1 of my 4 so far being male
That's what I was thinking, I honestly expected 2 not even to make it past germination due to being so old let alone score 6 girls. I've got a horse shoe up my ass it seems. I was thinking since these seeds came from commercial grown weed the possibility of their being a Male left to pollinate the harvest wouldn't even be heard of. So in that sense would these be feminized seeds? My thinking is the seeds are from a stressed or over grown female, and that's were my odds are coming from.

FYI, many times, late into flower, a female plant will self-seed as a last ditch effort to preserve the species. Usually, it will only result in a few seeds and NOT a seeded plant, which is what you see with a hermie. In either case, because the pollen was produced by the mother, the seed will have the same genetics as the mother and will be female. You only get male seeds when the pollen donor is male. However, if the seed is from a hermie, it's possible the hermie trait was also passed to the seed. The self-seed would be considered an "S1" as opposed to an "F1" which would designate two parents (P1's). :Namaste:

You're off to a good start, Brother! You're gonna need to flip those fairly quickly to not outgrow your space and those small pots.

FYI, many times, late into flower, a female plant will self-seed as a last ditch effort to preserve the species. Usually, it will only result in a few seeds and NOT a seeded plant, which is what you see with a hermie. In either case, because the pollen was produced by the mother, the seed will have the same genetics as the mother and will be female. You only get male seeds when the pollen donor is male. However, if the seed is from a hermie, it's possible the hermie trait was also passed to the seed. The self-seed would be considered an "S1" as opposed to an "F1" which would designate two parents (P1's). :Namaste:

Thank you! And I flipped them on the 15th to try and avoid the jungle, we'll see how that goes because this closet is tiny. And thank you for answering that question regarding hermied seeds, i much appreciate the knowledge!

Got up early and checked on the girls, the lucky charms was thirsty as hell and all sad looking this morning and had these spotty crunchy spots on 2 of the bottom leafs. I think it was possibly a combination of the wilting thirsty plant and a fan blowing to close that dried out the leaf edges... I hope this is it I just have some green crack flowing through my brain making assumptions this morning. Other than that issue everybody else seems happy and praying. Still haven't developed a stank yet in this closet sadly but with time I'm sure I'll regret that statement. I plucked a few of the bottom leafs this morning due to them almost falling off themselves. They were the first set of leafs that showed durring seedling stage so I feel that it seemed normal for those little guys to go. All that was done was watering the lucky and ogkb with 6.0ph pure water today and it seems that the tangie's should get their turn tomorrow. The pots are light as hell but the plants are still up and happy so I'll wait for their que. Happy holidays to all!
20181224_091018.jpg
20181224_090924.jpg
20181224_090904.jpg

Got up early and checked on the girls, the lucky charms was thirsty as hell and all sad looking this morning and had these spotty crunchy spots on 2 of the bottom leafs. I think it was possibly a combination of the wilting thirsty plant and a fan blowing to close that dried out the leaf edges... I hope this is it I just have some green crack flowing through my brain making assumptions this morning. Other than that issue everybody else seems happy and praying. Still haven't developed a stank yet in this closet sadly but with time I'm sure I'll regret that statement. I plucked a few of the bottom leafs this morning due to them almost falling off themselves. They were the first set of leafs that showed durring seedling stage so I feel that it seemed normal for those little guys to go. All that was done was watering the lucky and ogkb with 6.0ph pure water today and it seems that the tangie's should get their turn tomorrow. The pots are light as hell but the plants are still up and happy so I'll wait for their que. Happy holidays to all!
20181224_091018.jpg
20181224_090924.jpg
20181224_090904.jpg

Don't expect any real stank until about week 4 of flowering. The dried spot looks like too close to the fan. :goodjob:

Hey Pbear, your grow is looking good. I am interested to see your outcome. I was drawn to your thread because you are using a 1000w LED and I have just started my own grow in soil, too. I'm using a 400w HPS for now but purchased a 1500w LED that should be here this week. I'm day 11 into flower. I see you mentioned keeping the light 2' above the tallest plant. Are you doing this through veg and flower? I'm growing 4 different strains and have an uneven canopy but trying to keep it level by raising some of the pots.

Hey Pbear, your grow is looking good. I am interested to see your outcome. I was drawn to your thread because you are using a 1000w LED and I have just started my own grow in soil, too. I'm using a 400w HPS for now but purchased a 1500w LED that should be here this week. I'm day 11 into flower. I see you mentioned keeping the light 2' above the tallest plant. Are you doing this through veg and flower? I'm growing 4 different strains and have an uneven canopy but trying to keep it level by raising some of the pots.

Thanks James! This is my first grow aswell and Im at 10 days flowering myself so we're rocking about the same schedule atm! I'll pop over and take a peek at your grow shortly here. Love the bubbles picture, watching some trailer park boys right meow myself! And for the height question I started at the 2' distance when I first swapped the light in when the plants were only 3 weeks old(this was the mmanufacturer's recommended height) since than I have gradually lowered the light a few inches over a couple weeks. I just watched for tacoing leaves and would back off until I found the sweet spot. I'm sure this may differ from one light to another tho. Right now I'd say my lights are about 19" above tallest plant. Wish you Happy growing and heavy harvests!

Quick question if anyone can answer, the lucky charms was looking sad this morning and watered with straight ph'd water and now 5 hours later it is perky as fook! Is this a good signal? I've just never seen one of my plants point up like this so much. Any help would be much appreciated. Maybe @Mr. Krip could shed some light when you catch a moment.

Sounds like she might have been thirsty and, yes, the pointing up is a sign of a healthy plant! :welldone:

Back
Top Bottom