100W LED floodlight 2800k

falstaffo

so i was just browsing some bits on ebay when i found a brand new 100w led floodlight, it has an epistar chipwarm white 2800-3000k
states 10k lumens
my questions are
will these be full spectrum or something else? i havent a clue if there is different types
and would it be ok to use as supplemental light?
it was $9 in auction lol so cheap as chips
if its not worth using il use it for its intended purpose, but any ligt gurus with info would be appreciated
cheerz

These COBs produce 100 lumens / watt. For comparison my light uses Citizen CLU048 - 1216s that produce 131 lumens / watt, but are 3000K. The 2700K version is a little lower at 126 lumens per watt. Cost of my COBs is currently $13.00 from Alibaba. The Citizen COBs require a driver which adds about $10 per COB to put them into operation. Do your's need a separate driver or is it built into the COB? The driver I chose for the Citizen COBs lets me adjust their intensity. Do yours allow you to do this? Contrary to popular opinion, you can have too much light.

Your chips are probably full spectrum, but I won't know for sure until I see the graph for them. Without a manufacturer and part number I can't look it up.

Your COBs will probably do well for supplemental lighting during flowering, if you can adjust their intensity.

Some of the COBs with a built-in driver were tested by one of our members. They found these devices were highly prone to failure. They also didn't get the grow results they expected.

With lights, you can pay the man up front, or pay the power company over time. You'll need to decide which plan you prefer, if your COBs are suitable.

well i dont think its dimmable
driver im not sure
as mentioned its a flood light meant for lighting up gardens andsuch lol

i know i read acouple of journals on here with people using floodlights
@ProfessorFlora i think is one?

9E94A947-8A88-4A61-87A9-6A2C9D9362C7.png

i mean it cost less than a packet of fags, should have been considerably more,
i guess it was a return they put up for auction..
so for the few nugs i paid i dont care if its useless il give it to my father for use in their garden, but if its something canbe useful for me instead..

The driver is built in, either as a separate component or part of the COB itself. If I was in an area with 220V at the wall, I'd grab them. At that price I can replace the halogen floods in my back yard, if they didn't work for growing.

thats my thinking
for a few quid its well worth it whatever lol
it is designed to be hardwired but i spoke to someone with more electrical knowledge than me and they said it should be fine to put a plug on and work
we have the correct power supply
well ill give it a go lol

I basically treat them the same as a CFL light of the equivalent wattage. In my opinion they are way better than CFL's though. They can be cheaper to buy and cooler to run. As for their life expectancy I've yet to have one break on me though I've only had mine for about a year now. I originally ordered 2x 3000k 100w units from amazon to use as side lighting and to supplement my Kingbo 900 but they sent one 3000k and one 7000k. As veg lighting the 7000k is perfect. The plants love it. I've yet to do a flowering run with just these though so I can't really comment on how well they'd do. They will certainly grow plants though. I have a non sponsor modular grow light that is rated at 100w per light (I have 2) and you can't even tell that the floodlight is turned on when next to the Luminus COB's which is what my grow light uses. If I was going to use them for flowering I'd probably use at least 4 units in a 3x3 tent to get max coverage. Hope some of this helps

cheers prof!!

i actually just found a 6000k 100w same as the 2800k one i just brought, currently have a £1 bid on it lol 4 days left though

i have quantum boards as my main lights, and was goig to use these floodlights in conjunction alongside those.

Nice. My Kingbo 900 lasted about 6 months before the diodes started burning out. These are still going well and cost considerably less. The Kingbo was like an oven as well. It pretty much destroyed my crop last summer. I'm using Migro lights that are supplemented by a 200w 4500k high bay led at the moment which is 400w total. The high bay lights are worth a look in my opinion. They're a little bit more expensive than flood lights but seem to be way brighter for the same amount of power

cool just had a google at high bay
so what are the spectrums of these and the floodlights do you know prof?
, will they be essentially the same as other white led and the kelvins determine the colour range?
i know the lower the kelvin has more red and higher blues, but are these all essentially the same and kelvins are what to look for?
obviosly taking chip quality into account also

Because these lights aren't really specifically designed for growing plants the manufacturers don't really need to entice us with the spectrum information. I just use the kelvins and treat them like HPS and MH lights. Warm light (2000k-3500k) for flower and cool light (6000k-7500k) for veg. The combo I'm using for my current grow is 200w of 3200k and 200w of 4500k. The 4000k to 4500k range is considered daylight white but if you want one of them you have to check as the manufacturers seem to use the terms daylight white and cool white interchangeably

gotcha
pretty much as id figured
the manufacturer of these ones says warm white (28-3000k and cool white 6000k, havent seen a daylight one yet.
cool will be interesting then :D
will get the first in a couple days and post some pics

well it arrived
whacked a plug on it and away it goes
B6FF35E2-5DCB-4CA8-87D1-2C189270B9DE.jpeg

decided i didnt like the arrangement though
D7FEDBE2-1EA1-4C89-BF5C-54F97A7442CF.jpeg

better
see how it does then, for a few quid cant be bad and makes a noticeable difference underneath.

Back
Top Bottom