led floodlights and cfl? What do you think

danmanbad

Hi all ive been lurking for days now reading learning thinking. ive been looking around for a cheap to run alternative to hps or hid (I know there is no real alternative that said) ive seen some led floodlights on amazon, they run in the light range (in kelvin) the ones that are In the range are 6000-6500k, 50w putting about 4000-4500 lm if I was to use 4x50w and a cfl would it work ?
If so what do I need to use for a 2x2 foot floor space not worried about hight as I will take that in to account later. Are these going to be a real alternative

All thoughts and opinions apreseated and welcome

In case of spelling mistakes blame my failing brain

Hey Danman,

I've had succest with cfl. You will need to keep your plants somewhat short and get the bulbs right on top of your pllants i.e. within an inch (closer the better) it will only burn them if they touch the bulb irectly for a period of time. I managed to get over 7 oz of dried and cured buds using 16 x 23watt cfl bulbs. The space was about 2'x3' or so. Y splitters are very usesul. Get yourself 2 x 3 bulb vanity lights at home depot (they go for about 12$) and get a y splitter in each socket. Giving you a total of 12 bulbs @ 1500 lumen a pop. That should give you 4500 lumen/sq foot of quality spectrum light. PLay your cards right and I dont see why you couldnt get yourself a few onces of nice bud.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom