What do you think about this LED?

idf420

Hello everyone.

i am a new grower and i hope that some of you more experienced growers could give an advice about choosing a LED.

some details :
i have a 2X2x3 (60CMx60xmx170cm) tent and i also have a 250 HPS for late veg and flowering.
i am also using soil that i bought from the local hydro shop and biobizz fertilizer set .
my friend suggested me to buy a 50w LED for the seedling and early veg state so i went online and found this one :

- 6500k Fahrenheit
- 4500 lumens.
- 90 lm/w
- 240 illumination angle
- 50w

Will 1 bulb like this be enough for 2 plants?
Do i need to add a warmer bulb for better results at early stage of veg?

Attachments

• 450d75244b19641360fa85daffa7aecb.jpg
    450d75244b19641360fa85daffa7aecb.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 96
I would honestly suggest an entire different light....that depends on your budget though.

Well this is exactly the problem - BUDGET.
this light cost around 15-20 dollars and produce way more light than CFL.
other grow lights that I've seen start from 100$ (include shipping to my country)
also i have the HPS bulb for later stages.

will 2 of those be enough?

I needed a little seedling light, root farms has a decent one for $100 bucks that I bought at my local walmart. Workes perfectly.

20200207_225522.jpg

This was just before transplant

since i live in a country without Walmart lol, can you please tell me the specs or model name of the light you using?

I cant even find a model but you can find it on root farms website, and if you dont have a walmart, you could just grab a 45w led light from amazon. Really don't need alot of power on it

i found the root farms light on amazon, its 63$ + 89$ shipping lol.

i am wondering since my light is 6500k 50w and you are offering a 45w light, why the one that i got now wont work?
i also have a 20w 2700k light bulb that i am thinking to add (both for light intensity and spectrum) will it be enough?

It looks like it puts out about as much light at the same spectrum as a t5 HO light. That would be good for seedlings, not enough light for decent veg, and no good for flowering.
I've used a t5 for about 3 weeks of growing from when the seed broke the soil and it didn't kill my plants, but I moved them outside under the sun as soon as I could.
For anything indoors an led panel is your best option, especially if electricity is expensive where you are.

Back
Top Bottom