12/12 from seed controversy

Rigo

Though i share some maybe important info for growers.Growing with concerns about very high cost of elctricity i decided to go 12/12 from seed.I noticed some strain were growing 3finger leaves and did not produced sufficient amount of trychomes wich was very dissappointing,some even grew very thin and eventually died.Very light green colors in their leaves and overall sickly looking.After looking up at many possible solutions i decided to leave a 40w lsd 3 extra hours on the ones vegetating magic!! they all started looking great again and most of all they started growing 5finger leaves.Everything said is solely based on observation no science data.Looks like there is something
basic about that little extra light also 5finger leaves might be an indication of matureness on the plant because they all started to grow them with a little extra light.Im not saying it cant be done (12/12) it just did not work for me.never posted anything related with growing before and i dont think i will do it again,but maybe this experience can help people solve some problems we might not understand. thank you!keep on growing!

Some strains react totally different to 12/12 than others...

I planted two strains, One being Rockstar and the other being Chemo. The Chemo took fantastic to the 12/12 from seed growing extremely fast and showed sex within 3 weeks of veg, The rockstar on the other hand started out okay, but after sprouting her first set of leafs she decided fuck it and stopped progress for a couple of weeks, I had to put her into 24:0 or it would have died probably.

The chemo is done and in jars ready to be smoked, The rockstar is STILL in fucking veg because of the attempt at 12/12 haha.

Sounds like you are a new grower, so it's hard to blame the problems with your grow completely on the light cycle. My main complaint with 12/12 too early is getting dinky little plants with low yield. Now if you're trying to grow in a computer box (I'm waiting for someone to put an LED in Altoids tin and try that) or SOG, that's probably a good thing. But if you're trying to get the most yield and least work, it's much better to veg for at least a few weeks. Obviously, If you're growing in a superstealth micro grow, this may not work from a size standpoint.

I've had pretty good luck from 12/12 but I grow bag seed that I have feminized . I have found that they will usually veg for about a month or longer before showing there lady parts and turn out 2 1/2 to3' tall at harvest if you don't scrog but I usually do had one grow produce 5 oz dry but not had that luck since then but they usually average 1 1/2 to 2 oz I like the 12/12 pretty good for myself but I'm in a closet and can't go to extreme also I use cfl 26 watt and have 16 bulbs

Back
Top Bottom