1200w grow room Design help

QuadZilla

So some friends of mine are considering starting their own grow after seeing mine start up. The usable space is basically unlimited, but the reality is that at the end of the month bills must be paid, and buying a big room upfront isn't cheap. So, more realistically, I'm thinking a 4'6"x8'6" room built into an existing corner of the grow space will be best.
I'm thinking (2)600w air cooled lamps should be enough light to do 18 plants in 3 staggered rows, possibly 21 plants. As it's their first grow and still my first as well, I'm gonna suggest Roots Organic Soil in 3gal buckets, as I believe this is one of the only things that kept my babies alive. :tokin:
Cooling will be by 6" air cooled hoods, as well as either ducted AC from the house, or if that wont work, a smaller window unit. The 5,000 btu units only cost $100, and are fairly efficient and should cool twice this space. Nutes will probably be decided later. Two 8" wall mounted fans should maintain a decent amount of circulation when placed on max.
Additionally, a carbon air scrubber attached to an in line fan in order to control smell and exhaust the old air.

My major concerns are lighting coverage, heat(my main issue) and smell. As my space was very limited on what could be done, I'm not entirely sure if I'm correct in assuming that this will be enough light, or would some additional lighting, suck as T5's, do the trick? Or should I go with another 600w light or upgrade to (2)1000x's? I don't think heating should be an issue with aircooled hoods and an ac, but I'm not sure how effective the carbon scrubbers are, or how large of one would be needed for this sized space.
All input would be extremely welcome.
:thanks::thanks::thanks::grinjoint:

It's the footprint of hoods that I have no real experience with, as my grow forced me into a weird lighting situation where my hoods are more so for keeping the light facing down than defining a space, if that makes sense. So I really don't have any applied knowledge of how mush space these can really cover. Thanks for the input thefeast. Can anyone else back up the 6'x6' area of coverage? I thought i was maybe undershooting it, but apparently i could go bigger.

:tokin:
Way to post while I'm typing feast. :blunt:
I'm trying to stay with a 2:1 ratio with room dimensions, as I've found even my 2' deep room to be hard to manage at times, so going with a 4x400w setup isn't going to be conducive towards that end. But, if (1)1000w bulb could cover that large an area, then maybe just one with a light rail to keep a nice even canna-py.

Back
Top Bottom