14 weeks in flower and still not ready?

KSum

Should I just go ahead an pull this plant? It's been kind of abused and stressed due to my making several noob mistakes along the way, so I get the idea it's stalled and not going to do much of anything else.

I snipped a small leaf off of a bud and took a few pictures with my microscope. (wish these things had better depth of field)

Trich-2.jpg

Trich-1.jpg

Monday will be the start of week 14 in flower.

id wait one more week but thats just me..

i usually look for 30% amber

its probably a mostly sativa hybrid thats why she's not ready yet

Not sure why I didn't notice before, but I also found a branch top that was dead. I thought just the leaves were dead and that's why the bud was looking brown, yellow, and sad. Turns out just under the top bud it was completely dead and dried out. No evidence of mold or pests.

I'm thinking when I was plucking dead leaves a while back I exposed to much of the inner branch cutting off the food supply and it died off above that point. No other part of the plant looks damaged. I wonder if that's why the progress seems to have stalled...

She may have been putting her energy to trying and fix the branch..... Its definitely not ready yet. There is no point to go this far and harvest too early and not get what you were going to get. Wait it out man, that is a long flowering but its what she wants. Patience man give her another week maybe 2 and it will pay off.

I had a similar problem with the bud just under the top bud doing the same thing, i figured it was from when the leaves from the upper bud curled down it got trapped next to the branch and dried from the inside out. I ended up cleaning the damaged part out with a comb, lol. Then I eventually just cut the top bud off and cleaned it all up, then put the bud in a mason jar to cure while the plant continues on with new white hairs popping out and I'm on week 10. Keep going!

While I got the seeds for this strain from a questionable source, I can't say I've been disappointed with them. This one is an Oregon Purple Danish, and with my bud room dipping down to 59 F a few nights a week the purple has definitely come out in the leaves around the buds. I'll wait it out and see. Next watering will be a flush as I screwed up the ph on the last one and caused some nutrient lockout.

I also don't want to screw up and harvest to early like I did with the first 2 plants. They smell like a cross between cut wet grass and oregano and the harvest was only an ounce of bud and an ounce of trim per plant. If I had waited that might have been double or more.

Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully it will kick back into gear soon.

Here's a picture of her.

DSC7677.JPG

looks fine to me .. just ride it out and cut it on 20-30% amber

It's been 29 years since I've last grown. I forgot how difficult it is to wait until it's perfect.
They look and small SOOO GOOOOD...

But I'll wait. The goal is quantity and quality. The buds have fattened up a bit in just the last week, so I don't think it will be to much longer.

I had to pull them yesterday. There were buds on top that were dying. I investigated a bit further and found that 2 plants had stopped drinking and the stems were drying out and dying from the top down. I tossed the top buds cuz they were basically dust and hung the plants up to dry. Unfortunately I'm not expecting to get more than about 1.5 to 2 ounces per plant.

Fortunately on both plants that I pulled I saw at least a few amber trichs on them under the microscope, so it's not all bad.

I'm watching the other 3 that are close to harvest for the same signs. First glimmer of a drying out top bud and out they come.

I'll post pictures of the Purple Danish soon. They are really cool looking with little purple leaves scattered around in the bud.

I find it is more of a personal taste on when to harvest due to trichome development :thumb:

I like my own around 80% to 100% cloudy/milky with a touch of amber.

Don't always get it tho as some strains just take longer to ripen up than others...

These plants would have done much better had I not made the mistakes I did. The biggest being not double checking the accuracy of the ph meter I was using. I re-calibrated with a better solution and confirmed the readings with an aquarium test kit and things got a little better. I'm also convinced that using Miracle Grow soil in the first 3 plants did more harm than good, and for the rest of them I was using a bloom nute while they were in flower that didn't have any nitrogen, not knowing at the time you're supposed to switch to that only in the last few weeks, so they were all nitrogen starved.

Live and learn. I've switched to Hydro and I'm using a ph buffered nute that keeps it at 6.5-6.7 and ppm seems to be very easy to get dialed in by just following the manufacturer's recipe. I still have 6 plants in soil, 4 of which are just a few weeks away from harvest, so I'll leave them alone and let them finish. The 3 that I transplanted from soil to hydro seem to be doing well for now, so I may do the same to the last 2 in soil and finally get rid of all the dirt.

I probably won't get it, but I'm hoping for at least 8 oz per plant from the autos I've started in hydro.

Back
Top Bottom