Flowering Day 41 and still stretching?

vyserage

Things to note:
*Air temps highest of 88f, lowest of 82f.
*Inside tower fan is set to blow on the tops of cola's and hitting the LED's at same time, to help keep it cool (which it definitely does). This fan turns off when the lights go off and back on when lights on. Intake fan on bottom is always on and has a positive pressure in tent (tent bulges outwards and hotter air just gets pushed out the top vents)
*Hydro RDWC 7 bucket units, 6 plants 1 rez., indoor, 4x4 tent.
*First 80 days of plants life were using mars 2 1600 in middle of tent, flowering day 32+ is when i changed to the qb132 3500k x12.
*82f to 88f water temps, using hydroguard.
*48 days in veg, 41 days currently in flowering, 14 days after flip is when sex signs visible & thats with a 36 hr darkness period. I figure the lack of early sex signs were due to setting it to flower earlier than the usual 56-60 days.

Is this known to happen? Its 41 days since flip and every other day im having to bend cola's that are now touching the led lights (and i mean ramming up against that light to the point of the bud bending itself a little). Each day i see other cola's getting closer and closer, slowly but surely lol. Could this be caused because of my tower fan turning off with the lights so the tent maybe? gets slightly warmer than when lights/fan on?

Around day 14 of flip i saw the sex signs for 1-2 of the 6 plants, so if you take away 14 from the 41 days since flip, that means it could be considered Day 27 of flowering. I would also like to note that for it being day 41 in flowering, im not impressed with the flower size, they are clearly smaller than my past 2 soil grows. However, if i consider this to be like day 27 then i'd say thats about the right size for flowers on day 27.

I've also noticed a good number of the tops of cola's / side branches that are at the top, buds are smaller on the tops and bigger lower down before getting smaller again since its further from light. Isnt this kinda odd?

Some of mine are not even that developed at day 29! I had started on 13/11 for more than 2 weeks so guess it may have played a role

Some of mine are not even that developed at day 29! I had started on 13/11 for more than 2 weeks so guess it may have played a role

Day 29 of flowering since flip? Or are you taking away the days before sex signs?

Day 29 of flowering since flip? Or are you taking away the days before sex signs?

Day 29 since flip. Feminized seeds. Usually I already had pistils starting to form buds but that time I still have some of my plants not pushing that many pistils considering it s day 29 since flip. I think it happens. You shouldn't worry about yours they seem healthy!

Day 29 since flip. Feminized seeds. Usually I already had pistils starting to form buds but that time I still have some of my plants not pushing that many pistils considering it s day 29 since flip. I think it happens. You shouldn't worry about yours they seem healthy!
well i would hope mine look better than your day 29! lol mine are day 41 of flower since flip. I just go back and compare photo's from my first 2 grows in soil and these flowers are most definitely smaller in comparison. May just mean i need to flower longer in hydro or it could be my fault for starting the flower early on day 46 to 48 of veg. The stretch got so out of hand with that mars 2 1600 that i had no choice but to flower early haha. Plants hadnt even shown pre-sex signs at that point.

I just have this fear that they wont plump up to expectations and will be small nuggs even if i were to extend the flowering haha.

well i would hope mine look better than your day 29! lol mine are day 41 of flower since flip. I just go back and compare photo's from my first 2 grows in soil and these flowers are most definitely smaller in comparison. May just mean i need to flower longer in hydro or it could be my fault for starting the flower early on day 46 to 48 of veg. The stretch got so out of hand with that mars 2 1600 that i had no choice but to flower early haha. Plants hadnt even shown pre-sex signs at that point.

I just have this fear that they wont plump up to expectations and will be small nuggs even if i were to extend the flowering haha.

It think that when they stretch a lot they put energy into stretch more than flowers. When stretch will stop they will explode

Also if I were you I would do some trimming in the bottom zone. There are bud sites that are too shaded to have chances to develop well. This energy could be redistributed to the tops

It think that when they stretch a lot they put energy into stretch more than flowers. When stretch will stop they will explode
Yeah i was thinking the same. If they are still stretching then they havent fully turned to bud focus so it seems my flowering will be extended for as long as it needs lol. I hope thats the case!

Also if I were you I would do some trimming in the bottom zone. There are bud sites that are too shaded to have chances to develop well. This energy could be redistributed to the tops
I did a prety good amount of trimming as it was, i left that lower stuff because i figured the qb's would have deeper penetration and they most definitely do. A lot of that lower stuff started shooting out pistols just 2 days since adding the qb light. I will be doing another heavy'ish defoliation to let light down further in, tomorrow on my weekly journal update. I'm attempting for the heavy defoliation so the lower growth plumps up too. Worst case i have baking material.

I'm not sure about your other plants, but I know I had terrible issues with my Blue Dream stretching.
It was at the top of my tent, growing into the lights, it just never stopped
I finally had to move it outside
haha 2 of those in there are BD, 3 Gorilla Glue #4 and 1 superglue

I had one sativa stretch all the way into the light, didn't stop stretching until shortly after I did an emergency supercrop in late flower. That one was a Purple Zebra x Columbian Red Point. I ran her about 15 weeks 12/12 from seed, could have let her go another two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom